PDA

View Full Version : AB's new GQ is finally here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9

mudski
5th September 2016, 08:53 PM
Yeah wow this is interesting. As we were so sure it was just the turbo at fault. We can only hope the the smaller oil drain diameter is restricting flow causing it pressurise internally and leak past the seal.
Not sure if this is of any help, or you have already done this but heres a few links for you. There might be some things here you might not have checked????
http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/products/turbochargertroubleshooting.aspx
http://turbolabofamerica.com/causes-turbo-blow-leak-burn-oil-find/
http://www.full-race.com/catalog_images/Borg%20Warner%20Turbochargers/bwts_turbo_troubleshooting.pdf

nissannewby
5th September 2016, 09:37 PM
All that and then some. Videos were supplied to us for tests that arent on any of those lists.

AB
5th September 2016, 09:37 PM
Yeah wow this is interesting. As we were so sure it was just the turbo at fault. We can only hope the the smaller oil drain diameter is restricting flow causing it pressurise internally and leak past the seal. Not sure if this is of any help, or you have already done this but heres a few links for you. There might be some things here you might not have checked???? http://www.turbos.bwauto.com/products/turbochargertroubleshooting.aspx http://turbolabofamerica.com/causes-turbo-blow-leak-burn-oil-find/ http://www.full-race.com/catalog_images/Borg%20Warner%20Turbochargers/bwts_turbo_troubleshooting.pdf Thanks mate but trust me, Google had to put on some extra servers in the last month with me!!!

I'll hopefully have an answer very soon!

AB
13th September 2016, 07:45 PM
Well some good news finally!

Came up with an idea to have no oil drain or fitting on at all and simply have the oil draining from the turbo into a funnel into the sump.

This eliminates every possible issue from the engine side, oil fittings, draining etc and it enables me to run the engine for as long as I like to ensure all residue oil already inside the compressor is exhausted from previous tests.

Confirming again my oil pressure and oil flow is spot on!

After 30 minutes of running and even revving the engine the leak became noticeably worse which was a relief to me as I became completely lost in what to do after every previous check was fine.

There is some underlying issue with this turbo that needs the pros to work out so I'm happy to say a new one is on its way.

Winnie
13th September 2016, 09:29 PM
Awesome result at last!
Can't believe the ordeal you have had to go through here. Crazy man! I am glad you didn't let it break you though, I think a lot of people would have given up.

jay see
13th September 2016, 09:30 PM
Getting there mate, slowly but surely..

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

AB
13th September 2016, 09:44 PM
Awesome result at last! Can't believe the ordeal you have had to go through here. Crazy man! I am glad you didn't let it break you though, I think a lot of people would have given up. It did break me mate. I will now spend the rest of my driving days checking oil level every single time I drive this thing...lol

mudski
13th September 2016, 10:00 PM
Happy days man! Top stuff!

Rossco
13th September 2016, 10:06 PM
Yeah nice one. Hopefully get the beast going soon and can enjoy the thing, is been a while did well to persevere but spose you leant a fair bit if there's a positive.

jay see
13th September 2016, 10:22 PM
It did break me mate. I will now spend the rest of my driving days checking oil level every single time I drive this thing...lol
Ha. Funny that.
Once you have a major ish problem it's sticks with ya.

My eye is always on the temp gauge, thanks to the issues I had with the oyta I had.

MudRunnerTD
13th September 2016, 11:06 PM
Plenty of workshops would have sold an engine rebuild for your trouble mate. You did well mate.

nissannewby
13th September 2016, 11:40 PM
It did break me mate. I will now spend the rest of my driving days checking oil level every single time I drive this thing...lol

I dont think it broke you. More like falling off the horse. Yeah its shit but you got back up there and rode that dam thing and are now better for it.

I know we spend a lot of time on these things but at the end of the day they are just cars.

Sir Roofy
14th September 2016, 10:40 AM

Make it a habit to lift the bonnet every time you go for a drive
check oil water visual check motor for leaks

with mine I get the guilts if I don't oil water supply oil water
ive seen to many times people just start up and drive off

AB
14th September 2016, 08:27 PM
I dont think it broke you. More like falling off the horse. Yeah its shit but you got back up there and rode that dam thing and are now better for it. I know we spend a lot of time on these things but at the end of the day they are just cars. With thanks to you though!

Google can only do so much mate!

AB
14th September 2016, 08:31 PM
Mrs just tagged me on Facebook with this...oh how ironic!!!

jack
14th September 2016, 08:33 PM
With thanks to you though!

Google can only do so much mate!

We should start a new thread titled 'Ask Matty', then again it wouldn't be fair to Matt.

Winnie
14th September 2016, 09:46 PM
We should start a new thread titled 'Ask Matty', then again it wouldn't be fair to Matt.
Give him $5 for every answer given and he could do alright!

nissannewby
14th September 2016, 10:20 PM

You could when I start my business.....

MB
14th September 2016, 11:06 PM
Premises are a ready and waiting Matt ;-)
Mexico though :-) !!

Rossco
15th September 2016, 07:22 AM
Premises are a ready and waiting Matt ;-)
Mexico though :-) !!
Oooh, that would be handy ☺ . . .

Winnie
15th September 2016, 07:33 AM
You could when I start my business.....

Me likey where this is going!

AB
23rd September 2016, 07:16 PM
Turbo arrived!

Turbo installed!

Turbo does not leak!

Hooray!!!!

I knew it the whole time but had to go through 2 months of crap to prove it...the beast is back!!!

Winnies-missus
23rd September 2016, 07:34 PM
Woohoo Dargo here you come :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
23rd September 2016, 08:07 PM
That's great news bud. Is it worth a Dyno run to check the tune?

AB
23rd September 2016, 08:21 PM
That's great news bud. Is it worth a Dyno run to check the tune? I should be ok mate. I need to set it to 30psi myself, it's currently at 24 so if I can set that myself I should technically be on par with the last dyno.

AB
24th September 2016, 09:27 AM
Well that's about it for me folks!!! Sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow. My engine completely gone. Only cruising in 4th up to Kinglake and bang, not pushing it at all. Side of the block exploded, engine finished!! I'm shattered, all this fucking hard work gone!!

AB
24th September 2016, 09:28 AM

Touses
24th September 2016, 09:31 AM
Sad,sad,sad. Feeling the pain and disappointment mate.

AB
24th September 2016, 09:39 AM

AB
24th September 2016, 09:41 AM

Rossco
24th September 2016, 10:01 AM
Far out that sux big big time Andy, feel sad for ya. Yeah all the hard work then the turbo byso these things are meant to be enjoyed. . What a prick [emoji20]

Winnie
24th September 2016, 10:07 AM
I can't believe this has happened

Sir Roofy
24th September 2016, 10:07 AM
Feel for you mate know that feeling only to well

Now the boss needs help what can we do for this top bloke ?

Bob
24th September 2016, 10:15 AM
Well that's about it for me folks!!!

Sitting on the side of the road waiting for a tow. My engine completely gone.

Only cruising in 4th up to Kinglake and bang, not pushing it at all. Side of the block exploded, crank gone, engine finished!!

I'm shattered, all this fucking hard work gone!!

What a Bastard. Feel for you mate.
As Roofy said we need to do something to help.

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 10:20 AM
Andy mate that's bloody terrible. Are you home yet? Shattered for you mate.

TPC
24th September 2016, 10:25 AM
That bloody sucks big time, really feel for you

AB
24th September 2016, 10:39 AM
Just got home. My world is falling apart at the moment...lol...i was just putting along, not pushing it all. I'm lost in what to say guys, one very sad panda over here!!!

Sir Roofy
24th September 2016, 10:50 AM
Just got home. My world is falling apart at the moment...lol...i was just putting along, not pushing it all. I'm lost in what to say guys, one very sad panda over here!!!

Not all is lost mate where on to it

BigRAWesty
24th September 2016, 10:53 AM
Speachless. Fark.
That would be gut wrenching..

Hodge
24th September 2016, 10:58 AM
Very very shit... Must be a sour feeling having this happen after all the effort and $ put into it ...
But you shall be bounced back mate.

So the obvious shit feeling aside, my self and i'm sure others will be curious why and what happened?

AB
24th September 2016, 12:51 PM
Both sides of the block...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winnie
24th September 2016, 12:55 PM
I reckon we can fix that

TPC
24th September 2016, 12:58 PM
Both sides of the block...

You should always do things to the best of your ability and I don't think you could have farcked that engine any better. ;)

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 12:58 PM
Nah she's farked!

Builders Bog!! Expanda Foam! New oil. Let's go!!

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 01:00 PM
You should always do things to the best of your ability and I don't think you could have farcked that engine any better. ;)

He's a High Achiever mate! Top 2%tile

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 01:02 PM
Very very shit... Must be a sour feeling having this happen after all the effort and $ put into it ...
But you shall be bounced back mate.

So the obvious shit feeling aside, my self and i'm sure others will be curious why and what happened?

Tipping the Crank Snapped.

AB mate the crank may have been damaged when you were driving it in-tuned and it was a matter of time damn it.

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 01:06 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/208.jpg

True Story!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/209.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/210.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!

Chappy
24th September 2016, 01:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that mate... As mentioned, everyone will no doubt pull together to help you out.

nissannewby
24th September 2016, 02:04 PM
Tipping the Crank Snapped.

AB mate the crank may have been damaged when you were driving it in-tuned and it was a matter of time damn it.

By the pic the crank and main caps all seem to be in tact. It looks possible that it may have hydraulic locked a little when the oil was pumped in on the licola trip it hasnt been driven with any load from then until now.

Tune was not the cause.

MudRunnerTD
24th September 2016, 02:22 PM
By the pic the crank and main caps all seem to be in tact. It looks possible that it may have hydraulic locked a little when the oil was pumped in on the licola trip it hasnt been driven with any load from then until now.

Tune was not the cause.

Cheers Matty, yeah i actually meant when he was driving it Un tuned. He rolled onto the Dyno with over 200rwkw and didn't know, he flogged it a bit thinking he was going to get more when tuned when in fact it was tuned down on the Dyno.

Certainly makes sense though that this may be left over from the trip up to licola.

Shitty day.

AB
24th September 2016, 02:28 PM
Matty might be onto something. Only the second rod is damaged but I can only see 1,2 and 3.

Crank also looks fine but I need to confirm this. Sump is a mess and will be fun getting out.

nissannewby
24th September 2016, 02:42 PM
Cheers Matty, yeah i actually meant when he was driving it Un tuned. He rolled onto the Dyno with over 200rwkw and didn't know, he flogged it a bit thinking he was going to get more when tuned when in fact it was tuned down on the Dyno.

Certainly makes sense though that this may be left over from the trip up to licola.

Shitty day.

The tune was fine. Sure the numbers were up there but crank snapping doesnt normally happen that quick. It generally takes a bit for it to rear its head.

Bacho86
24th September 2016, 02:59 PM
Damn that sucks Andy sorry to hear mate.

Once the brains trust gets together, let us know how we can help to pitch in getting the beast back up and running!

mudnut
24th September 2016, 03:15 PM
Bad news about the failure, Andy. I wonder if the company that supplied the faulty turbo should pay the cost of your replacement engine?

Especially since there was no coolant, only oil present to cause hydraulic lock.

AB
24th September 2016, 04:27 PM
Sump is off and can confirm the crank is 100% fine.

It looks like hydro lock rod in number 2. Everything else perfect.

This is so shit words can express how guttered I am.

No coolant, just oil, the previous turbo has ruined my engine!!!!

This new turbo is fine not leaking.

One very unhappy sad panda!!!

UncleFrosty
24th September 2016, 05:10 PM
Feel for ya bud. So soon after getting it back on road too...
Maybe an opportunity to shoe-horn in a 6bt???

Ben-e-boy
24th September 2016, 05:16 PM

We can be sad panda buddies. I feel your pain

Woof
24th September 2016, 05:32 PM
Feel for you mate, as I know how you feel...........I felt the same when I blew the motor in my GQ
Am heading over East via the Great Central Road next month so can call in and help where I can, probably won't be any help but I will be there

Hodge
24th September 2016, 05:48 PM
Ok, presumed, your old turbo leaked somewhere and pumped oil (too much oil) into the cylinder , thus hydro-locking it ?

the evil twin
24th September 2016, 06:14 PM
AB... did you disconnect the Battery for 30 minutes when you fitted the new Turbo?

(Well, someone had to ask...)

I can't offer any technical support 'cause TD42 Turbos don't have wires but sounds like its time for the 'Bionic Q' eh, ... newer stronger better,

Can we please have the Party in the warmer months this time.
Roofys Party I near died of double newmon... phewmon... ammoni... bugger it, shit it was cold

mudski
24th September 2016, 06:58 PM

Just aswell it happened near home and not half way up to Fraser. You would be gutted none the less but it would be devastating for little Mia.

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

AB
24th September 2016, 07:27 PM
Ok, presumed, your old turbo leaked somewhere and pumped oil (too much oil) into the cylinder , thus hydro-locking it ? Engine needs to come out regardless mate and then I can take out the crank and inspect properly.

But yes, it hasn't been driven since dumping a litre of oil into the engine.

Such a perfect low km td42 silver top gone is just heart breaking!!!

Rossco
24th September 2016, 07:39 PM
Engine needs to come out regardless mate and then I can take out the crank and inspect properly.

Yeah its pretty sad. Looking inside it apart from the gigantic holes in the thing it looks perfect, can even see the cross hatches in the bores still, looks like it's straight from the factory.

jay see
24th September 2016, 08:01 PM
Wow, that sucks big time.
Been in a similar situation not good at all.
Feel for ya AB.
Chin up mate lots of good people you have gathered here.

BigRAWesty
24th September 2016, 08:35 PM
Engine needs to come out regardless mate and then I can take out the crank and inspect properly.

So in all seriousness..
If internals look fine is there anything salvageable?
Of is the risk of bent crank to high?

Timbo
24th September 2016, 10:12 PM
Andy.. devastating news. What can be said. :frown:

If you need anything, I'm only down the road mate.

When are we starting the charity drive for this guy to get an LS3 or another TD in there? :bananarock:

Clunk
24th September 2016, 11:20 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/213.jpg

To Soon????

sorry mate, shit house news indeed................ but no doubt you'll be rolling soon enough

BigRAWesty
25th September 2016, 12:49 AM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/213.jpg

To Soon????

sorry mate, shit house news indeed................ but no doubt you'll be rolling soon enough
I was going to mention zd30 conversion but though it might be still a touch early lol...

MB
25th September 2016, 08:11 AM
Don't stress bro, as discussed and everybody's best wishes, she'll be alright in the end mate !
Back next weekend to help hoist it out, think on the bright side of all the new trinkets you've got now to hang up in the church. Reckon the block is going to make a ripper talking point set up in the corner for decades to come too ;-)

TPC
25th September 2016, 09:36 AM
Don't stress bro, as discussed and everybody's best wishes, she'll be alright in the end mate !
Back next weekend to help hoist it out, think on the bright side of all the new trinkets you've got now to hang up in the church. Reckon the block is going to make a ripper talking point set up in the corner for decades to come too ;-)

Could make a glass top coffee table out of the block but it would only last until some drunken bum trips over and smashes it while dancing with a bread-maker.

Bigcol
25th September 2016, 09:55 AM
Could make a glass top coffee table out of the block but it would only last until some drunken bum trips over and smashes it while dancing with a bread-maker.

spat my coffee & biscuit out all over the screen

thanks

mudnut
25th September 2016, 10:28 AM
Yeah, the block can be our first holy trinket in church.

Touses
25th September 2016, 11:35 AM
Yeah, the block can be our first holy trinket in church.

May require a reliquary built but perhaps the little house with the effin big spider could double? Hahaha

BigRAWesty
25th September 2016, 02:22 PM
Bahahaha.
But I was thinking use timber top lol..
I'll bring the welding gear and we'll use the other 4 pistons as legs

Maxhead
25th September 2016, 04:06 PM
Bahahaha.
But I was thinking use timber top lol..
I'll bring the welding gear and we'll use the other 4 pistons as legs

I reckon Nic could still break it:)

….................... On the move

BigRAWesty
25th September 2016, 04:09 PM
I reckon Nic could still break it:)

That would be worth the video..

growler2058
25th September 2016, 06:36 PM

I've got some thick acrylic from a bank job i did

Cuppa
25th September 2016, 07:11 PM

A confession no less! :)

threedogs
25th September 2016, 07:24 PM

Not good at all Andy ,Im sure you'll be up and running soon enough.
Might even be able to make this one,,, if you can PM the address,

Maxhead
25th September 2016, 07:30 PM

Bwahahahahaha , funniest thing I've heard all year:)

MEGOMONSTER
25th September 2016, 07:37 PM
Can't believe what I'm hearing.
Feel for you mate.
Like the Jamaicans say.
Let get together and feel alright.

mudski
27th September 2016, 04:31 PM
Can't believe what I'm hearing.../snip
Mate I can't believe what I just read....

snip/.....Might even be able to make this one,,, if you can PM the address,

Mate. Don't get us all excited for the, erm third? Time. I think we are just going to have to drug you "BA Baracus" style and just bring you over....
Lol.

AB
27th September 2016, 06:38 PM
I can't find the other thread about your engine problems so I'll put my thoughts here, it's been said it was possibly a hydraulic lock but I don't think so because it either
A: would have been locked up and wouldn't start or
B: locked up straight after starting, not 20 minutes down the road. The other thought I had is in the old days before intercoolers & Computerised truck engines if the turbo shit itself it would pump oil through the engine and King rev to the point where you couldn't stop it apart from stalling the engine . I realise Andys engine is intercooled but I would've thought if enough oil passed through the intercooler to enter the combustion chamber it would burn rather than accumulate and hydraulic lock . I could be wrong on all accounts it was just a thought I had .

Hey mate, it is certainly possible and has happened before where a hydro lock doesn't necessarily lock up from the liquid when it enters, especially in small amounts like in my situation.

It is possible that the oil has entered the engine causing number two to restrict and cause the conrod to bend (Wouldn't know yourself this has happened). The vehicle was not driven afterwards until the very first hill causing stress and ultimately breaking the conrod.

All theory of course until I can get this engine out and assess the crank properly.

So far the crank looks fine and so far the damage looks only to be caused by number 2 piston and as you can see in the pics the tell tale signs of a severely bent conrod shows all signs of a lock.

We know for a fact a litre of oil went into the engine.

We know for a fact it was also being burnt as you mentioned above.

I have many bends in my IC piping and I also have a silicone 3" reducer to 40mm going directly into the OEM elbow to inlet manifold. When I first found out I lost oil you may remember pulling the piping off to find a substantial amount (couple of tea spoons) pooling in the reducer just before the intake which could feed significant amounts into the chamber(s).

Also, I can confirm when running my own tests that the old turbo's leak was getting worse after the engine was running for 30 minutes.

All theory at this stage but so far it is indeed very very plausible pending crank inspection of course.

the evil twin
27th September 2016, 07:13 PM
FWIW it may have been an overpressure rather than a total lock IE sufficient oil in the chamber to raise the cylinder pressure enough to cause the initial damage... then, tick, tick tick, BOOM... just like a... nah... better not say it

AB
27th September 2016, 07:42 PM
FWIW it may have been an overpressure rather than a total lock IE sufficient oil in the chamber to raise the cylinder pressure enough to cause the initial damage... then, tick, tick tick, BOOM... just like a... nah... better not say it Exactly, I'll have more conclusive answers soon!

mudski
27th September 2016, 08:51 PM
FWIW it may have been an overpressure rather than a total lock IE sufficient oil in the chamber to raise the cylinder pressure enough to cause the initial damage... then, tick, tick tick, BOOM... just like a... nah... better not say it

So if he cleaned the maf this might not have happened.?

mudski
27th September 2016, 08:52 PM
Can't believe what I'm hearing.
Feel for you mate.
Like the Jamaicans say.
Let get together and feel alright.

Mate I can't believe what I just read....

Mate. Don't get us all excited for the, erm third? Time. I think we are just going to have to drug you "BA Baracus" style and just bring you over....
Lol.

Dont thank me John. I will drag your rrsss to this one....

growler2058
27th September 2016, 08:59 PM

HAHAHAHAHA Obviously derrrrrr

Hodge
27th September 2016, 09:30 PM

And disconnect the battery for a while too ...

timbar
28th September 2016, 03:00 AM

Is that why ur always on holidays ??

Sounds like a confession to me too !!!

Stropp
28th September 2016, 12:39 PM
jeezyz i just seen this mate, what a bummer :( mate i feel for you big time.

AB
28th September 2016, 01:21 PM
jeezyz i just seen this mate, what a bummer :( mate i feel for you big time. Thanks Stropp, heartbreaking mate!!!

MB
29th September 2016, 12:25 AM
AB ;-) 250km on the knocker test run from base to Licola stop/tow. Turbo spoofed out 1,000ml of oil = 4ml per km / 6 pots = 0.'666'ml per pot per km.
Spooky stuff bro, wish we were allowed to attend RI as kids :-)

jay see
29th September 2016, 02:27 AM

No need mate, I've got your address and Andy's. As last time I'll pick you up on my way through.🚙

AB
30th September 2016, 09:38 PM
Here's my photos of the day...692456924669247692486924969250

AB
30th September 2016, 09:40 PM

MB
30th September 2016, 09:45 PM
It's well and truly stuffed, Now !!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/282.jpg
Good work MudRunnerTD :-) !

trekster
1st October 2016, 10:21 PM
It's well and truly stuffed, Now !!
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/09/282.jpg
Good work MudRunnerTD :-) !

fark, where did you guys find that ugly mofo lol.

MudRunnerTD
1st October 2016, 10:23 PM
fark, where did you guys find that ugly mofo lol.

He was a very Hungover Mofo too.. Lol

JonnoD
5th October 2016, 06:41 PM
I just read this mate. I would be devistated juat like you. Have you had a chat with the turbo supplier yet?

AB
5th October 2016, 06:44 PM
I just read this mate. I would be devistated juat like you. Have you had a chat with the turbo supplier yet? In discussions mate ;)

AB
17th October 2016, 03:33 PM
Picked up the engine today!!

Rossco
17th October 2016, 04:22 PM
Ooh yeah baby. One major step forward ☺

BigRAWesty
17th October 2016, 07:18 PM

Ooh yeah baby. One major step forward ☺
Tick on board??

AB
17th October 2016, 08:50 PM
Going to be a bit of stuffing around to get this to work but all good.

It's a Ti engine so there's a little indentation where the tacho sensor goes so mine is no good.

I need to decide what to with the vac pump hole under the injector pump, I guess I can just make a plate up and block that hole.

Make up a new oil feed line for turbo

Old gaskets from my GQ are fun.

I need to get this new flywheel lightened 1.5-2kg and balanced with the clutch yet again.

Need another spigot bush

Oil drain.

Remove old gaskets from new engine.

Fix 3rd injector that we had issues with on my old engine.

New belts, gaskets, oil cooler kit, etc

New dipstick

Oil and filters

Check clutch alignment holes

Rossco
17th October 2016, 09:13 PM
Why can't you use the original fly wheel off your motor, are they different? ?

AB
17th October 2016, 09:19 PM
Why can't you use the original fly wheel off your motor, are they different? ? Yeah different flywheel mate, larger crank, etc.

Rossco
17th October 2016, 09:29 PM
Ah yeah rodger that. Bit of a bugger spose it won't be ready to drop in on the weekend then . .

mudski
17th October 2016, 09:31 PM
If ya wanna hand with anything mate just yell out. Im close to finishing the house so maybe have some spare time soon.

Stropp
17th October 2016, 11:08 PM

It's a Ti engine so there's a little indentation where the tacho sensor goes so mine is no good.

I need to decide what to with the vac pump hole under the injector pump, I guess I can just make a plate up and block that hole.

I need to get this new flywheel lightened 1.5-2kg and balanced with the clutch yet again.

Need another spigot bush

Oil drain.

New dipstick

Oil and filters

Get rid of the tic tic tic lol

Just added a bit for you 😜

Avo
17th October 2016, 11:25 PM
thats feckin funny

Maxhead
18th October 2016, 06:44 AM
Is the donk in yet? LOL

macca
18th October 2016, 06:54 AM
In discussions mate ;)

Need another spigot bush

Oil drain.

New dipstick

Oil and filters

Yeah different flywheel mate, larger crank, etc.

Wow man its all happening.

Good luck with the Turbo, as yet don't understand what happened but if it caused the problem....

Also had no idea how different the engines are, bit of a fiddle to make it all connect, fit and line up. You sound like having a challenge in front of you, best of luck.

Anyway it is good to read you are getting somewhere with it all, good luck mate.

AB
18th October 2016, 03:45 PM
Dropped off clutch and flywheel for balancing and lightening at Duggan.

Touses
18th October 2016, 03:46 PM
Dropped off clutch and flywheel for balancing and lightening at Duggan.

Clutch n wheel off other wouldn't fit or damaged?
Edit:- Sorry, read back a coupla posts. Understand now!

AB
18th October 2016, 05:30 PM
Very time poor during the week but managed to get both 18th century gaskets off and clean the oil cooler and water pump.

Also noticed the dip stick compared to mine is a lot longer with longer min max line then worked out the td42t holds more oil than the silver top.

Rossco
18th October 2016, 05:32 PM
Recon you'll get all the bits ready for the weekend?

AB
18th October 2016, 06:01 PM
Recon you'll get all the bits ready for the weekend? No chance mate. I tried to work out all the bits I need but there's some things I've already missed and things will crop up.

I need to get some bits on to work out what else I need like correct lengths of line for the turbo, etc.

I was hoping to get everything done so we can go somewhere local for Melb cup but it looks like next weekend will be the weekend of getting things on and working out the final bits for final install Melb cup.

I'll see how I go though. Mums back from hospital so I need to spend time with her too.

We'll get there, I don't want to rush either. I can't find torque settings for the pulley on the water pump???

Plasnart
18th October 2016, 06:21 PM
No chance mate. I tried to work out all the bits I need but there's some things I've already missed and things will crop up.

I need to get some bits on to work out what else I need like correct lengths of line for the turbo, etc.

I was hoping to get everything done so we can go somewhere local for Melb cup but it looks like next weekend will be the weekend of getting things on and working out the final bits for final install Melb cup.

I'll see how I go though. Mums back from hospital so I need to spend time with her too.

We'll get there, I don't want to rush either. I can't find torque settings for the pulley on the water pump???

Don't bloody rush it! Get it right, we can trash your place whenever it happens!!

Rossco
18th October 2016, 06:39 PM
Yeah nice be good to get it going but no point rushing may as well do it premo. Won't be long tho can't wait. .

AB
19th October 2016, 04:23 PM
Boss has gone to WA so I snuck out and purchased some more bits for the build.

I also realised the power steering brackets are different so my GQ bracket won't fit.

Little surprises are cropping up but no biggy.

So far the differences that effect my bolt ons are...

Vac pump
Power steering bracket
Flywheel
Some ports on the block not needed
Dipstick length
Haven't checked alternator mounts yet but should be ok.
Clutch to flywheel fits thank god! I heard some only have 2 holes for the 4 x locators on flywheel but all good for me.
Oil feed for turbo
Oil drain might need adjusting

So far these are fine and should all be bolted up on the weekend...

Engine mounts
Inlet manifold
Exhaust manifold
Water pump
oil cooler
Rocker cover
Alternator and mounts I hope
Air Con
Pulleys
Injector pump, surely the fuel lines would be the same?
Glow plugs,
Injectors, glow rail, etc
Sandwich plate
Need to get the old spigot bush out, haven't got a puller so going to try the old grease and clutch tool trick!
Can't think of anything else?

Bit of a list for myself
Need Power steering bracket
Need tacho sensor spacer
Need injector number 3 fixed and all new washers for them
Vac pump cover plate
New oil, coolant, etc.

Maxhead
19th October 2016, 04:25 PM
More importantly Andy, when's the piss up? Ohhh I mean the pizza night...lol

Stropp
19th October 2016, 06:42 PM
More importantly Andy, when's the piss up? Ohhh I mean the pizza night...lol

yes i have planning to do, only because i like pizza :)

Winnie
19th October 2016, 06:47 PM
Make it sooner rather than later mate, we don't want Amy to pop at your house!

AB
19th October 2016, 06:50 PM
Make it sooner rather than later mate, we don't want Amy to pop at your house! Just so time poor during the week mate.

macca
19th October 2016, 07:20 PM
The pizza up is more important than the build, should've known that!

Rossco
19th October 2016, 08:35 PM
Yeah just chuck that 2F in the bloody thing and let's partay . . [emoji6]

AB
21st October 2016, 06:00 PM
Everything is prept ready for all the bolt ons tomorrow!

Have spent all week collecting everything I need and cleaning up bolt ons from my old engine except for a few custom things I need to make but let the fun begin!

AB
21st October 2016, 06:28 PM
Just thinking aloud here mate......my understanding of putting new donks in is that you need to inform VicRoads so they can update the rego details. Does it need to go over the pits? If it does, are there any implications with mods to the original specifications of the TD42T? Does it need to be original spec for their inspection? Yeah it's been on my mind Plassy. From what I understand a like for like engine just needs to be taken into the pits purely for someone to visually check out the engine number.

I had to do that when they stuffed up my engine numbers and he did was check my number, nothing else.

Now....is a td42ti 04 model a like for like engine?

Stropp
21st October 2016, 06:30 PM

yep for sure

AB
21st October 2016, 06:30 PM
I had some pretty obvious mods on mine when I did this too like the turbo etc and he didn't even notice anything. It was raining and cold and he just wanted to check the number and go inside...

Winnie
21st October 2016, 06:31 PM
Yeah it's been on my mind Plassy. From what I understand a like for like engine just needs to be taken into the pits purely for someone to visually check out the engine number.

I had to do that when they stuffed up my engine numbers and he did was check my number, nothing else.

Yes it is like for like.

jay see
21st October 2016, 07:10 PM
Can confirm from when I did mine in the oyta.
Like for like.
They just wanted to sight the numbers.

sooty_10
21st October 2016, 08:52 PM
Yep simple engine number check is all it should be. The chick that checked my rd28ti -> td42t conversion didn't even know where to start looking I had to show her.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

jay see
21st October 2016, 09:06 PM
Yep simple engine number check is all it should be. The chick that checked my rd28ti -> td42t conversion didn't even know where to start looking I had to show her.

Yep me too, she only saw about half the numbers and said "yeah that's fine"

mudski
21st October 2016, 09:10 PM

Haha yeah same here. Even on the second check, after i got the engineers report they had to check again, didnt even look at the air box and intercooler which are now a no no.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

jay see
21st October 2016, 09:16 PM
Haha yeah same here. Even on the second check, after i got the engineers report they had to check again, didnt even look at the air box and intercooler which are now a no no.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Vic roads don't care as long as the paperwork is correct it makes their job easy.

AB
22nd October 2016, 02:22 PM
Had a successful day! Alternator, turbo, thermostat housing, exhaust manifold and oil cooler installed.

Water drain and oil drain done. Need to go to pirtek to extend oil feed for alternator as the original bung is stripped but I can tap into the one 100mm away.

Unfortunately the position of oem oil drain is in the way of my original water feed for turbo so need to shorten hose.

Worked out oil feed for turbo on the correct side as the td42t has a dedicated port...hooray!

The day's cut short with the old ladies birthday and some missing gaskets but there's good progress!

Sprock
22nd October 2016, 03:06 PM
Good to hear it's moving along nicely mate 👍🏼

Winnie
22nd October 2016, 03:08 PM
Yep definitely a productive day, nice work! Just another step closer

MB
23rd October 2016, 03:26 PM
AB's now two steps closer with rusty_nails help today!
Positive outcome, 6 sets of chopsticks were salvaged from the old donk, time to clock off, grubs up :-)
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/10/248.jpg

AB
23rd October 2016, 03:29 PM
Yep good day, most things now done but down to the custom stuff now which will take a bit of time but almost there!

mudski
23rd October 2016, 09:17 PM
Yep good day, most things now done but down to the custom stuff now which will take a bit of time but almost there!

Look at that sexy black top its wearing. Silver is so, yesterday.:p

rusty_nail
24th October 2016, 05:59 AM
Good stuff mate!!

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

AB
24th October 2016, 07:32 PM
Went to pirtek today and got my existing water and oil feed lines modified to suit new block.

Longer oil feed for alternator too.

Turbo is now complete!

Much better to finally feed oil to turbo on the same side of block now!

AB
24th October 2016, 07:32 PM

Winnie
24th October 2016, 07:52 PM
What's next Andy?

AB
24th October 2016, 08:06 PM
What's next Andy?

Getting close mate...

Replace spigot bush
Blanking plate on vac pump
Fuel pump install
Backing plate, clutch, flywheel...clutch and flywheel is done ready to be picked up.
Fan, belts, etc
Tacho sensor
Waiting for new bracket for power steering
Oil and coolant and filters.
Need idler pulley
Engine in, connect everything up...

Probably missed something but that's what comes to mind so far?

jay see
24th October 2016, 08:22 PM
Engine in, connect everything up...

Probably missed something but that's what comes to mind so far?

You forgot one.

Wipe smile off face after first start up/drive.😂.

Good luck with it all.

AB
25th October 2016, 08:22 PM
Special thanks to Bennyboy!!!

He's loaning me a vac pump so I can get going until I can find a second hand one.

They are ridiculous $$$ to buy brand new so at least I can get going until I find one.

Winnie
26th October 2016, 01:49 AM
Onya benny! Nice one AB you certainly shouldnt have any vac issues now with 2 pumps

macca
26th October 2016, 05:36 AM
You are progressing well, happy days!

Rossco
26th October 2016, 05:55 AM
Reckon u'll still be on track to drop the thing in on the weekend ?

AB
26th October 2016, 05:57 AM
Reckon u'll still be on track to drop the thing in on the weekend ? Definitely at this rate...

Rossco
26th October 2016, 06:33 AM
Oooh yeah baby. . . I can hear those tracks calling. . .

Winnie
26th October 2016, 07:46 AM
Awesome stuff AB, looking forward to seeing a clip of its first start up this weekend!

AB
26th October 2016, 05:26 PM
Awesome stuff AB, looking forward to seeing a clip of its first start up this weekend!

It's been way too long mate, I can't wait to start it up and go for a drive with fingers firmly crossed...lol

AB
27th October 2016, 05:37 PM
Struggling to get the old spigot bush out!!!

Might have to invest or borrow a puller.

mudski
27th October 2016, 08:01 PM
Yeah dunno how you'd get that out.

AB
27th October 2016, 08:04 PM
Yeah dunno how you'd get that out. Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk There's a few different ways but I was trying to force it out with grease and pressure but my fitting wasn't the best.

Just made up a little tool which will hopefully work tomoz.

AB
27th October 2016, 08:08 PM
http://youtu.be/dfDV982g4XM

sooty_10
27th October 2016, 08:12 PM
Try bread.....

sooty_10
27th October 2016, 08:13 PM
Haha after I posted that I clicked on the video....... low and behold the title beat me to it.

Plasnart
27th October 2016, 08:17 PM

And she'll smell like toast for the first 1000km. Win win!! :D

TPC
27th October 2016, 08:22 PM

Does it have to be wholemeal or would white bread work too?

AB
27th October 2016, 08:24 PM
Does it have to be wholemeal or would white bread work too? I don't think it matters Tony but seeded may not be ideal ;)

AB
28th October 2016, 06:37 AM
Hooray!http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=69547&stc=1

mudski
28th October 2016, 06:58 AM

Well I'll be buggered...

Winnie
28th October 2016, 07:00 AM
Did you use bread?

AB
28th October 2016, 07:09 AM
Did you use bread?

Nah I had a crack this morning with grease and the tool but it was locked in pretty good.

Spoke to Matty last night and he mentioned if they're stuck just chisel a little bit out using a flat head screwdriver.

The bush is very weak and it chipped off easy and then just slid out, job done!

AB
28th October 2016, 03:02 PM
Disaster! Austpost have stuffed us around and the vac pump from Benny is still in transit!

mudski
28th October 2016, 03:08 PM
Disaster! Austpost have stuffed us around and the vac pump from Benny is still in transit!

No! Aus Post would never do that! Has the tracking number been checked in here in Melbourne at the sorting facility?

AB
28th October 2016, 03:48 PM
No! Aus Post would never do that! Has the tracking number been checked in here in Melbourne at the sorting facility? No :(.....

MudRunnerTD
28th October 2016, 03:58 PM
If you call your local Australia Post and tell them you really need it they will open especially for you tomorrow! Your in the country and thats how they roll........ in 1973 :(

AB
28th October 2016, 04:30 PM
If you call your local Australia Post and tell them you really need it they will open especially for you tomorrow! Your in the country and thats how they roll........ in 1973 :( They're open tomoz mate but the status says it hasn't even hit Melb yet.

MudRunnerTD
28th October 2016, 04:40 PM
Bugger. i was taking the piss mate. :(

see if it has a location in the morning and make a trip if you can? unlikely though.

You will se it Monday though. are you taking Tuesday off mate

AB
28th October 2016, 04:46 PM
Bugger. i was taking the piss mate. :( see if it has a location in the morning and make a trip if you can? unlikely though. You will se it Monday though. are you taking Tuesday off mate Yeah fingers crossed for Tuesday start up...

Rossco
28th October 2016, 07:48 PM
Oh bugger that's a pain. What other bits do you have to put on before it's time to drop it in?

AB
29th October 2016, 07:48 AM
Oh bugger that's a pain. What other bits do you have to put on before it's time to drop it in?

Still in transit this morning, bugger!!!

I just need to get the clutch and flywheel on.
Injector pump and lines
Vac pump

I think thats it...

AB
29th October 2016, 07:51 AM
Does anyone know the difficulty of putting the vac pump on whilst engine is in?

Should I just get this engine in so I can spend the weekend hooking everything up and then just put the vac pump on when it turns up?

It sits below the injector pump so I'm guessing access from underneath would be best?

Nightmare job or doable???

Rossco
29th October 2016, 07:52 AM
Oh sweet I'll pop around a bit later. Yeah hopefully the pump arrives monday.

AB
29th October 2016, 07:58 AM
Oh sweet I'll pop around a bit later. Yeah hopefully the pump arrives monday.

Thanks mate, can you bring your GQ over too...

Just want to check out some things on yours ;)

Rossco
29th October 2016, 08:02 AM
Yeah rodger that, haven't driven it for a bit, will be a pleasure. . . Its not a very long drive tho. .

Winnie
29th October 2016, 08:22 AM
Yeah rodger that, haven't driven it for a bit, will be a pleasure. . . Its not a very long drive tho. .
The warm up will be longer than the drive... Lol

AB
29th October 2016, 11:11 AM
Injector pump in!!!

Fairly easy job with engine out but would imagine it not so fun doing this in the car

nissannewby
29th October 2016, 11:29 AM
Injector pump in!!!

Fairly easy job with engine out but would imagine it not so fun doing this in the car

You would know if you werent in bed :p

AB
29th October 2016, 12:07 PM
WTF!!!

The injector drive gear cover from my engine doesn't fit!!!

AB
29th October 2016, 12:12 PM
Yep, the gu ones are different... Nice one Nissan!!

MudRunnerTD
29th October 2016, 12:13 PM
WTF!!!

The injector drive gear cover from my engine doesn't fit!!!.

Wow that makes perfect sense!!

nissannewby
29th October 2016, 12:15 PM
Why was that cover not supplied with the engine?

AB
29th October 2016, 12:20 PM
Why was that cover not supplied with the engine? I don't know... They must've forgotten when they took pump out. They have it there just gotta get it now.

AB
29th October 2016, 04:32 PM
So close!!!

Clutch done as well..

Just need vac pump and gear cover plate!!!

Ben-e-boy
29th October 2016, 04:50 PM
So close!!!

Clutch done as well..

Just need vac pump and gear cover plate!!!

Did any oil feed hose for the vac pump come with that motor?

AB
29th October 2016, 05:01 PM
Did any oil feed hose for the vac pump come with that motor? No mate but I've just blocked the feed for now and will just bolt your vac pump up for now simply to block that hole with no gear.

Ben-e-boy
29th October 2016, 05:35 PM
No mate but I've just blocked the feed for now and will just bolt your vac pump up for now simply to block that hole with no gear.

Could you use the old oil line from your original setup,

AB
29th October 2016, 05:59 PM
Could you use the old oil line from your original setup, Nah the port is a long way from the pump. You can easily MacGyver something up though.

AB
29th October 2016, 07:51 PM
Never ending...lol

Word from the wise is that the gear on the vac pump is pressed so I have to feed oil to it.

Back to a pirtek Monday for another custom fitting.

Just when you think you're sorted...

MB
29th October 2016, 08:56 PM
It's all great experience old mate, positive perception is the key to life ;-) !
You'll be able to strip down a 4.2TD from hands on memory like the QLDers in the middle of nowhere after all this ;-) !

Sprock
30th October 2016, 10:33 AM

That's unreal !!! You learn something everyday , bugger me 😝

Sprock
30th October 2016, 10:43 AM
And Auspost SHIT ME !!!! When we used to load Auspost out of Brisbane for Melb we had to overnight it or we would get deductions on the load payment , from (hazy ) memory anything over 19hrs penalties would start for each hr over . But now if i order parts & get delivery through them it takes 3-4 days so it seems it takes a long time for the courier to pick it up in Brisbane and take it to the depot and the same down this end 😤

Rossco
30th October 2016, 10:50 AM
Never ending...lol

Word from the wise is that the gear on the vac pump is pressed so I have to feed oil to it.

Back to a pirtek Monday for another custom fitting.

Just when you think you're sorted...
Oh bugger that sux. . Oh well it'll get there.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

AB
30th October 2016, 04:36 PM
Oh bugger that sux. . Oh well it'll get there.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Kind of glad we didn't put the engine in yesterday though as I need to get that line worked out which is much easier outside the engine bay.

Got a bit bored today so flushed the radiator whilst it was out and cleaned everything.

Amazing how I thought my radiator was so clean but the bottom 1/4 was pretty caked with mud inside the fins.

AB
30th October 2016, 04:53 PM
8:59 pm Fri 28 Oct
Sunshine West, VIC

Ooowww, hit Sunshine West, Vic Friday night, does that mean I'll 100% get this tomorrow?

Would be good to get this on Monday, work out exact length zip over to Pirtek in Bayswater before they shut to get the custom oil feed done and install engine Tuesday!

Winnie
30th October 2016, 09:09 PM
8:59 pm Fri 28 Oct
Sunshine West, VIC

Ooowww, hit Sunshine West, Vic Friday night, does that mean I'll 100% get this tomorrow?

Would be good to get this on Monday, work out exact length zip over to Pirtek in Bayswater before they shut to get the custom oil feed done and install engine Tuesday!
I would never say 100% with couriers... Ever!
But it's a bloody good sign!

AB
31st October 2016, 10:01 AM
I would never say 100% with couriers... Ever!
But it's a bloody good sign!

Bugger, won't be here until Wednesday because of Melbourne Cup tomorrow.

Won't even let me go to Sunshine to pick it up from the depot.

AB
31st October 2016, 05:48 PM
When Bennys vac pump turns up I'm going to have to set it up properly as the gear is pressed so if I hook it up properly with the gear spinning, creating vacuum and oil feeding I'm not going to be able to simply block the vacuum line am I?

Blocking the vac line will surely cause issues?

AB
31st October 2016, 06:34 PM
Benny is going to be more shitty then me :(

nissannewby
31st October 2016, 06:58 PM
Block it. Its only vacuum. but the insides do need to be lubricated.

MB
31st October 2016, 07:00 PM
I stand corrected, apologies AB :-(

AB
31st October 2016, 07:04 PM
I stand corrected, apologies AB :-( All good mate, I was thinking the same restricting vacuum causing built up pressure, restriction, etc...

Thanks Matty!

nissannewby
31st October 2016, 07:29 PM
All good mate, I was thinking the same restricting vacuum causing built up pressure, restriction, etc...

Thanks Matty!

It will just be like your current system. It will pull a vacuum until there is no air left then the pump just continues to free spin until there is a differential again from something like a brake application. So just blanking the engine driven one will just means it will just be at absolute vacuum all the time. It wouldnt be hard to T it into your current system though.

AB
31st October 2016, 07:35 PM
It will just be like your current system. It will pull a vacuum until there is no air left then the pump just continues to free spin until there is a differential again from something like a brake application. So just blanking the engine driven one will just means it will just be at absolute vacuum all the time. It wouldnt be hard to T it into your current system though. Yeah we were talking about that which is easy to do.

I rung every single wrecker and parts supplier today trying to find the oil feed line and the vac line...zero!!!

Looks like a tight fit running a braided line on the block side of injector pump, very, very tight with the pump and engine mount.

I'll hook it up and see the best route but may be easier to run it on outside of injector pump back into block.

nissannewby
31st October 2016, 07:53 PM
It will be easy.

Get the fittings for the block and vac pump like I told you. Then measure from the seat of the fitting in the block to the centre of the fitting in the vac pump. Also measure the distance from the block to the block fitting and the distance from block to vac pump fitting seat. With this info get pirtek to make you a 1/4" tube to these dimensions.

Ben-e-boy
1st November 2016, 01:23 AM
The vac pump is coming with all the vac hoses, just not oil. I wrongly assumed that would have come with the block

AB
1st November 2016, 06:21 AM
The vac pump is coming with all the vac hoses, just not oil. I wrongly assumed that would have come with the block Awesome, thanks Benny!!!

AB
2nd November 2016, 12:11 PM
Hooray!!!

The vac pump turned up, thanks Benny!

I'll connect it tonight, work out exact route and fittings for oil feed then cross fingers for start up this Saturday!

AB
2nd November 2016, 07:16 PM
Don't hate Matty but I'm running the oil feed on the outside of the injector pump....lol

The inlet on the vac pump is on the right, little zig zag over the engine mount into a 90 bend to block.

Yes, paranoid AB but I don't like braided line rubbing or severely close to block.

AB
3rd November 2016, 05:18 PM
Vac pump on, cover gear on, engine has now been built!!!

Well, everything I can do outside of the vehicle.

Maxhead
3rd November 2016, 05:36 PM
Well done mate, you've put some hrs into this thing now. Hope for a good install mate and of course a good PARTY!

Good luck for the weekend:)

nissannewby
3rd November 2016, 07:09 PM
Don't hate Matty but I'm running the oil feed on the outside of the injector pump....lol

The inlet on the vac pump is on the right, little zig zag over the engine mount into a 90 bend to block.

Yes, paranoid AB but I don't like braided line rubbing or severely close to block.

Your obsession with braided hose worries me lol. I wanted you to do it in tube not hose. It would have never rubbed and routed the way I said very neat.

AB
3rd November 2016, 07:11 PM
Your obsession with braided hose worries me lol. I wanted you to do it in tube not hose. It would have never rubbed and routed the way I said very neat.

It allows room for error...lol.

Hey hey, it looks neat?

nissannewby
3rd November 2016, 07:15 PM
It allows room for error...lol.

Hey hey, it looks neat?

I guess so. I dont like doubling up 90 degree fittings like you have at the vac pump. To many joins for it to leak at lol. 1/4" tube is easily manipulated.

AB
3rd November 2016, 07:17 PM
I guess so. I dont like doubling up 90 degree fittings like you have at the vac pump. To many joins for it to leak at lol. 1/4" tube is easily manipulated.

You're a hard man to please!!!!

nissannewby
3rd November 2016, 07:19 PM

You sound like my MRS

nissannewby
3rd November 2016, 07:25 PM

You have no idea also lol. If you and that car were here for a week it would look very different in that engine bay.

MudRunnerTD
3rd November 2016, 07:27 PM

Nah your just a Hack mate! Tube sounds wicked.

MudRunnerTD
3rd November 2016, 07:28 PM
You have no idea also lol. If you and that car were here for a week it would look very different in that engine bay.

Hire a Trailer! Road trip! Nah fly the man down!!

AB
3rd November 2016, 07:32 PM
Nah your just a Hack mate! Tube sounds wicked. ................

nissannewby
3rd November 2016, 07:33 PM

I dont smoke or drink coffee.... lol

MudRunnerTD
3rd November 2016, 07:36 PM
I dont smoke or drink coffee.... lol

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/11/30.jpg

Fruit loops like a real mate!

nissannewby
3rd November 2016, 07:37 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/11/30.jpg

Fruit loops like a real mate!

Life has not been nice to me since that photo was taken lol.

Winnie
3rd November 2016, 07:43 PM
Better than the photo of me that was taken the night before. Lol

MudRunnerTD
3rd November 2016, 07:45 PM

That could nearly be considered Afternoon! It was so early! Tragic.

Plasnart
3rd November 2016, 07:51 PM

That could nearly be considered Afternoon! It was so early! Tragic.

Hahahaha classic string of insults! Love the banter!

AB
3rd November 2016, 07:55 PM
Hahahaha classic string of insults! Love the banter! That's rich coming from you, you animal!!!

TPC
3rd November 2016, 08:11 PM

Don't worry, nobody can find that photo.

rusty_nail
4th November 2016, 06:44 AM
Hahahaha classic string of insults! Love the banter!
Speaking of banter??

https://youtu.be/1SEdLeFBehA

rusty_nail
5th November 2016, 03:50 PM
Any news???

macca
5th November 2016, 04:37 PM
Any news???

Must be out on the tracks

MB
5th November 2016, 05:19 PM
Quick proxy update: It's in, looks great, sounds goodish, boss is on the phone with a Newby for final timing tweaks before the EPA arrives ;-)

Touses
5th November 2016, 05:22 PM
Quick proxy update: It's in, looks great, sounds goodish, boss is on the phone with a Newby for final timing tweaks before the EPA arrives ;-)

We talkin' AB's engine or your sex life? I get confused easy,

AB
5th November 2016, 05:28 PM
Engine is alive thank you everyone!!

It sounds great, runs very smooth, the timing on the fuel pump is a little bit out and needs a tweak but I've ran out of time today!!!

But, she's alive!!!

rusty_nail
5th November 2016, 05:28 PM
Woop Woop!!!

https://vimeo.com/190345957

AB
5th November 2016, 06:37 PM
Thank you to everyone who has helped me get here and special thanks to mb, Nic and Rossco for their help today!!!

Doesn't seem to be any leaks, we did well!!!

Maxhead
5th November 2016, 07:02 PM
Why the fark did you let Nic help? That is asking for trouble :)

MB
5th November 2016, 07:12 PM
Never underestimate rusty_nail :
Old school farm bloke with Total Tool Kit always there at the ready 24/7 ;-) !

AB
5th November 2016, 08:17 PM
Forgot to mention, guess what?

This turbo doesn't leak!!!

rusty_nail
5th November 2016, 09:21 PM
Congrats mate I'm happy it sounds like it's up and running sorry I couldn't be there to see it happen

MudRunnerTD
5th November 2016, 09:23 PM
Well done guys. I was there in spirit!Did you find your side cutters AB?

Clunk
5th November 2016, 09:24 PM
Why the fark did you let Nic help? That is asking for trouble :)

Well who else is there to punch them in the nuts? Besides, he's got feck all else to do