PDA

View Full Version : AB's new GQ is finally here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Winnie
3rd May 2016, 08:39 PM
just now found her box is actually still wet :-)

Then why are you wasting time here on the forum!

Stropp
3rd May 2016, 11:00 PM
Did you end up putting a ram head on?

No mate got the rear facing sucker 😋

Rossco
4th May 2016, 08:07 AM
Here ya go Andy, what about one of these bad boys. . .66611

Sir Roofy
4th May 2016, 09:37 AM
Here ya go Andy, what about one of these bad boys. . .66611

I saw this yesterday up near Morwell stood out like a sorethumb

Rossco
4th May 2016, 02:09 PM
I saw this yesterday up near Morwell stood out like a sorethumb
Yeah staying at the Moe caravan park for the week, it's the owners. Pretty flat out but might be able to drop in on the way home. . .

Winnie
4th May 2016, 02:26 PM
Yeah staying at the Moe caravan park for the week, it's the owners. Pretty flat out but might be able to drop in on the way home. . .

What a lovely holiday destination!

Sir Roofy
4th May 2016, 03:29 PM

Why you staying there loverly place not
welcome any time mate

MB
5th May 2016, 07:17 AM
This one's the go AB, watch all your build receipts fly around the cab and get sucked in :-) http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MudRunnerTD
5th May 2016, 10:08 AM
This one's the go AB, watch all your build receipts fly around the cab and get sucked in :-) http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/88.jpg

That'd be heaps quieter too!! I like it!

AB
6th May 2016, 09:23 PM
Can't wait to get the 12mm pump on!

Funds are a little tight at the moment and just trying to find some coin to get the dyno done on the 10mm pump.

I know it seems like a waste of money but it's a must do to find out the differences in my build and touch wood if it performs as we hope will gather good stats for other members too.

nissannewby
6th May 2016, 09:42 PM
You mean I gotta wait longer to see what this turbo does....

AB
7th May 2016, 06:19 PM
You mean I gotta wait longer to see what this turbo does.... I'll try and book it in for late next week.

EGT's are definitely a lot better and it seems to come back down in temps extremely quick too.

After the big hill from Yarra Glen up into the hills and down into my driveway I used to roll into my carport at 180-200 degrees and sit idling waiting to cool down.

I'm now rolling into the carport at 100!

nissannewby
7th May 2016, 06:37 PM
Surely andy will help you out with a quick power run.

AB
7th May 2016, 06:45 PM
Surely andy will help you out with a quick power run. Maybe if I was getting the pump off him...lol

nissannewby
7th May 2016, 06:48 PM
Maybe if I was getting the pump off him...lol

I wouldnt expect it for free but surely 50-100 for a quick run and printout would be reasonable for a fine upstanding man like yourself.

AB
7th May 2016, 08:36 PM
I wouldnt expect it for free but surely 50-100 for a quick run and printout would be reasonable for a fine upstanding man like yourself. Yep, I had it in my head of a price to tune it for some stupid reason so it's just an "as is" drive in dyno drive out just to see what's it doing.

Hopefully I can just book it in for a time and watch and drive out straight away!

AB
7th May 2016, 08:48 PM
Just found this on my phone.

So this must be my last dyno of when I put the front mount intercooler on running 10mm pump on ht18

AB
9th May 2016, 05:56 PM
Booked in for dyno on Wednesday!!!

Winnie
9th May 2016, 06:11 PM
Booked in for dyno on Wednesday!!!
Nice, awesome that you are doing before and after dyno too mate!!

AB
9th May 2016, 06:17 PM
Nice, awesome that you are doing before and after dyno too mate!! It will be good to see mate just on the 10mm and there won't be much data like this on the web.

nissannewby
11th May 2016, 12:57 PM
Awesome results......

AB
11th May 2016, 01:02 PM
Pretty happy with this folks!!!

Blue is the 10mm pump ht18 4:1 ratios and 33" tyres.

Black is the Borgwarner still on the same 10mm pump 4:6 ratios on 35" tyres.

No tune just as is!

Bring on the 12mm pump!!

Winnie
11th May 2016, 01:06 PM
That's awesome! Can't wait to see what the beast will do with the 12mm!!

nissannewby
11th May 2016, 05:59 PM
Some small issues there with wastegate control but nothing that cant be rectified easily.

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 06:38 PM
Fark.. 400 NM! !! That's nuts

AB
11th May 2016, 06:42 PM
Fark.. 400 NM! !! That's nuts On a 10mm pump westy is impressive. Can't wait to get the 12mm on!

BigRAWesty
11th May 2016, 07:08 PM
On a 10mm pump westy is impressive. Can't wait to get the 12mm on!
I'll take ya on...... 😂

nissannewby
11th May 2016, 07:31 PM
That is in 4th gear mate. 2000rpm. 1000-2000 rpm would be considered low end, 2000-3000 mid, 3000 and beyond top end. Andys is also making 50nm more at 1800 than the previous turbo. Peak torque on a diesel is usually at a lower rpm than petrol. And will also hold on for a little longer as well.

nissannewby
11th May 2016, 07:42 PM
Andys peak torque is quite early in the range as well compared to most. For example this one. It makes 50 more kw than andys but the peak torque is 400rpm later

nissannewby
11th May 2016, 08:22 PM
Ah yep fair call. I find 2000 rpm L1 is about optimum for the really steep or soft stuff (stock standard TD42T). On the flat I love the fact that the TD4.2T pulls like a teenager with no accelerator at walking pace. Will mods like this still maintain that capability?

The right mods will make it even better. Take andys for a spin when you see him and see what you think.

Plasnart
11th May 2016, 08:29 PM
The right mods will make it even better. Take andys for a spin when you see him and see what you think.

Cool cool. I've been tail end charly in convoys with smaller engined vehicles (diesel and petty) and some tight technical sections that have appeared difficult have been a cakewalk idling in L1 in the 4.2. Bloody love the low end torque. No mod is worth sacrificing this capability imo.

nissannewby
30th May 2016, 01:25 AM
AB you need a new clutch....

MudRunnerTD
30th May 2016, 08:20 AM

BHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! So it went well mate! Your lucky AB was so bloody helpful or you might have been there all day!

Winnie
30th May 2016, 08:25 AM

Did you seriously work until midnight! Awesome dedication mate! How did it all go?

MudRunnerTD
30th May 2016, 08:26 AM
Andy might have a 12mm pump.
Mhttp://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/363.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/364.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/365.jpg

AB was on hand

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/366.jpg

But he was grumpy and unwell and No Bloody help at all. Poor AB I hate it when you sick....... Might have been self inflicted.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/367.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/368.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/369.jpg

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/05/370.jpg

Sorry folks at the threat I divorce I was dragged out of there to head home. I was clearly Not the designated driver.

Glad you got it sorted Matty. Well done bud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk cause AB turned it back on!!

nissannewby
30th May 2016, 08:50 AM
Did you seriously work until midnight! Awesome dedication mate! How did it all go?

No. Probably to aroud 10pm. Sorted a few other things as we put it together. It will pretty well few minor hiccups but all sorted. But wow does it fly.

Winnie
30th May 2016, 08:53 AM
That's awesome mate, I can't wait to see it in action

Rossco
30th May 2016, 09:18 AM
Awsome work, yeah thought about getting up but was too cosy in bed. Heard the beast fire up about 10 ish. Choose a good night for you Queenslanders to work just looked at the weather got to about the coldest at round 10 (2 degrees in coldstream) then warmed up a few degrees in the night!

Sounds like pretty good results, can't wait to go for a drive in this thing see how it goes.

AB
30th May 2016, 12:38 PM
A million thanks to Mattys effort and for Benny and Peter and my bro. This car is ridiculous now, cannot believe the power they can produce!!!

MB
30th May 2016, 12:45 PM
A million thanks to Mattys effort and for Benny and Peter and my bro. This car is ridiculous now, cannot believe the power they can produce!!!
Don't thank me bro, it was all done by the legends above. I just kept the fires going and pizzas rolling, oh and searching for a beanie for Peter. Friggin cold last night, they're all absolute troopers !!!!!

Rossco
30th May 2016, 01:48 PM
So it drives pretty nice now yeah?

AB
30th May 2016, 02:19 PM
So it drives pretty nice now yeah? It's pretty damn fast!

Need to whine it back now but it's pushing boost past the dial at 35 psi.

Matty, benny and Peter were very happy with it, it's insane!!!

Winnie
30th May 2016, 02:37 PM
I can't wait to see what it does on the dyno.

AB
30th May 2016, 04:27 PM
I can't wait to see what it does on the dyno. My clutch slipped so I may be a little bit off getting the dyno done unfortunately.

Rossco
30th May 2016, 06:02 PM
It's pretty damn fast!

Need to whine it back now but it's pushing boost past the dial at 35 psi.

Matty, benny and Peter were very happy with it, it's insane!!!
Far out, poor old "grandpa spec" won't know what's hit it!! Must haul if that exceedy can't handle it, it's not that old that one.

I'll have to book in a spin in it soon. . .

Stropp
30th May 2016, 06:52 PM

awseome work guys, cant believe how everyone just does a short drive from qld for the weekend and works on cars, great job guys.

mudski
30th May 2016, 09:23 PM
Yeah wow. Impressed i am.... if I knew this was happening i would have chucked a sickie on the 40th i had to attend and parked mine right behind AB's Q. Lol.
Well done to Bene and Mat.
Top stuff.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

AB
30th May 2016, 09:29 PM
Bennyboy has some footage actually?

nissannewby
30th May 2016, 10:08 PM

Have you driven it again yet? Rossco have you been in it yet?

Rossco
30th May 2016, 10:22 PM
Have you driven it again yet? Rossco have you been in it yet?
Nah not yet, keen as mustard - expecting it to be world's apart from my GQ.

BigRAWesty
31st May 2016, 07:02 AM
Yeah wow. Impressed i am.... if I knew this was happening i would have chucked a sickie on the 40th i had to attend and parked mine right behind AB's Q. Lol.
Well done to Bene and Mat.
Top stuff.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
I know. Same here..
Was very hush hush..
Could have shown the missus what could have been....

Ben-e-boy
31st May 2016, 09:13 AM

Yes I do

https://youtu.be/8zODNOBe68g

AB
31st May 2016, 09:38 AM
Have you driven it again yet? Rossco have you been in it yet? Not yet, I'll take Rossco out this week!

Rossco
31st May 2016, 07:29 PM
Yes I do

https://youtu.be/8zODNOBe68g
Bit hard to tell but looks like it Frick'n PULLS!! Spewn about the clutch, that's why we modify or cars, so we can keep spending endless $$ right? ? . . .

AB
31st May 2016, 07:41 PM
Bit hard to tell but looks like it Frick'n PULLS!! Spewn about the clutch, that's why we modify or cars, so we can keep spending endless $$ right? ? . . . check the boost gauge hit over 30 at 2000 rpm and then off the dial.

Still loosing traction in 3rd gear and egt was getting cooler as we went up the hill.

Amazing results!

These boys know their ship!

We'll need to dial it back when we go for a spin...lol

BigRAWesty
1st June 2016, 10:24 AM
Faarrrrkkkkkk......

AB
3rd June 2016, 07:23 PM
Faarrrrkkkkkk...... Yep, just took it for a proper drive tonight and it's such a fun car to drive.

This will be a weapon on Fraser Island in September!

AB
3rd June 2016, 07:27 PM
Here's some comments that I stole off someone who was there and has a lot of experience with our td42's.

Fitting a special 12mm produced some very impressive boost response values. The only tune we did was to adjust boost to produce acceptable stable EGT's. We saw 15psi at 1400rpm, 25psi at 1700rpm, 32psi at 1950 rpm and 37psi in at 2100 rpm in a 4th gear pull. Combining these values with the comp map this turbo produces some 38 lbs/min before 1900rpm to produce I would expect a very impressive torque response curve. Until the clutch is fixed and flywheel lightened it is a bit pointless doing a dyno run to see how this turbo effects the torque curve and how torque could be effected by the small turbine above 3000rpm.

Rossco
3rd June 2016, 07:28 PM
Yep, just took it for a proper drive tonight and it's such a fun car to drive.

This will be a weapon on Fraser Island in September!
Awsome, have to take us for a spin tomozz. . .

AB
3rd June 2016, 07:29 PM
Awsome, have to take us for a spin tomozz. . . I was going to grab you tonight but it's shitty weather.

Tomorrow 100% mate!

Rossco
3rd June 2016, 07:31 PM
I was going to grab you tonight but it's shitty weather.

Tomorrow 100% mate!
Yeah sweet, just got home anyway ☺

BigRAWesty
3rd June 2016, 07:46 PM
I was going to grab you tonight but it's shitty weather.

Tomorrow 100% mate!
While your out came take me for a spin...

nissannewby
3rd June 2016, 09:02 PM
Yeah sweet, just got home anyway ☺

I will just apologise in advance mate. :p

Touses
4th June 2016, 08:30 AM
Here's some comments that I stole off someone who was there and has a lot of experience with our td42's.

Fitting a special 12mm produced some very impressive boost response values. The only tune we did was to adjust boost to produce acceptable stable EGT's. We saw 15psi at 1400rpm, 25psi at 1700rpm, 32psi at 1950 rpm and 37psi in at 2100 rpm in a 4th gear pull. Combining these values with the comp map this turbo produces some 38 lbs/min before 1900rpm to produce I would expect a very impressive torque response curve. Until the clutch is fixed and flywheel lightened it is a bit pointless doing a dyno run to see how this turbo effects the torque curve and how torque could be effected by the small turbine above 3000rpm.

Mate, unless your going to wind the boost back quite a bit it may pay you to have flywheel and clutch balanced.

Pita whenever you need a new clutch as will have to rebalance but could well save you some grief/$ between times.

With the sort of horses that engine will now produce a balanced shaft would have been nice too. After the fact now I s'pose.

AB
4th June 2016, 12:30 PM
Yep I've put it back to 30, will get the flywheel lightened and balanced and pretty much get the heaviest exedy clutch.

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 12:33 PM
Boost isnt the issue. Far from it really. I informed andy to knock the boost down to 32psi as running the turbo at 37+ means the shaft speed is getting up there. 32psi puts it in a safer area of its map while still retaining egt controllability.

mudski
4th June 2016, 12:42 PM
Sounds like your pretty chuffed AB. You must take me for a spin one time.
If only my car wasn't a daily i would be doing so much more to mine.

Ill have to make a special trip up north one time and have Mat and Ben go nuts on it. Lol.
Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

OldMav
4th June 2016, 01:27 PM
I am glad you are having fun AB. You have a fun rig to drive which is what all this is about not those bragging KW numbers but drive ability in the extreme area. We expected this tiny hi tech turbo to be a good option for producing torque early. That it does very well. I asked Mat to get you to drop boost a bit I did some calc and wanted your rig to be well into safe mode until you get a better intake manifold. If you follow Mats lead here we can go nuts with boost and fuel adjustments on the Dyno up here when you visit September.

With the flywheel a bit lighter we safe guard your crank so that's a must have. Balancing the wheel and clutch pack is more than enough to be well into the safety area.

And I said 32psi not 30 psi BTW lol.

AB
4th June 2016, 02:35 PM
I am glad you are having fun AB. You have a fun rig to drive which is what all this is about not those bragging KW numbers but drive ability in the extreme area. We expected this tiny hi tech turbo to be a good option for producing torque early. That it does very well. I asked Mat to get you to drop boost a bit I did some calc and wanted your rig to be well into safe mode until you get a better intake manifold. If you follow Mats lead here we can go nuts with boost and fuel adjustments on the Dyno up here when you visit September. With the flywheel a bit lighter we safe guard your crank so that's a must have. Balancing the wheel and clutch pack is more than enough to be well into the safety area. And I said 32psi not 30 psi BTW lol. Thanks for all your help mate. I need Rossco to help watch the gauge. It's pissing rain down here today and nearly killed myself testing it out...haha

I'll get it to exactly 32 psi though ;)

MudRunnerTD
4th June 2016, 04:19 PM
Yeah the rain sux! Nuff'n to do with the rear wheels breaking traction at 25psi in 4th! Damn those wet roads! :p

Vote 1 ARB Diff Lock ON in the back.... Line Locking in 4th at 25psi for the win!

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 04:52 PM
Rossco I heard you went for a run?

OldMav
4th June 2016, 05:34 PM
Thanks for all your help mate. I need Rossco to help watch the gauge. It's pissing rain down here today and nearly killed myself testing it out...haha

I'll get it to exactly 32 psi though ;)

As long as it's between 32 and 35 psi it will be fine. At 30 psi we tested that and EGT's up your hill is a bit much for the fuel we are pumping. Just don't want it going off gauge or running in the unsafe shaft speed area of the comp map.

AB
4th June 2016, 05:52 PM
As long as it's between 32 and 35 psi it will be fine. At 30 psi we tested that and EGT's up your hill is a bit much for the fuel we are pumping. Just don't want it going off gauge or running in the unsafe shaft speed area of the comp map. I took Rossco out today and he saw it around 32 but I need to wait until it's dry. Just kept loosing traction.

Shitty rain all this week :(

Rossco
4th June 2016, 06:03 PM
Rossco I heard you went for a run?
Yep - WOW, that's all i can say ! ! !
This thing Frick'n hauls totally world's apart from my GQ, which is a good comparison concidering it has same diff ratios and tyres weight etc.

Very impressive on our short run. Wet and bloody tourists everywhere but this thing doesn't stop pulling 4th gear is still ridiculously strong. Thought i saw just over 30psi but we're getting around 27 ish on later squerts in 4th. But yes does get a bit dicey in the wet pushing the limits.

AB
4th June 2016, 07:14 PM
What intake manifold would you blokes suggest?

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 07:17 PM
Like this...

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 07:18 PM
Another angle.

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 07:21 PM
I have since shortened the entry pipe and coated the manifold

AB
4th June 2016, 07:23 PM
I have since shortened the entry pipe and coated the manifold Can you please explain the benefit of forward intake rather then centred like most manifolds?

Plenty of centred customs as well tapering down either side getting around as well.

AB
4th June 2016, 07:25 PM
Another angle. BTW, looks very sexy!!!

Who how and $$$ if possible lol

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 07:28 PM
Forward entry for a front mount. Its all about the volume mostly. You can see how the entry pipe is against the back wall. It also has 300+mm from entry point with no restrictions (so no directional changes or wall). You need a minimum of 50mm all the way across. dont worry about tapering ends off etc just get the height for the volume. Centre entry should also follow the back wall.

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 07:30 PM
BTW, looks very sexy!!!

Who how and $$$ if possible lol

Yep. It has 100mm of lift at the lowest point. Cost was about $450. I just used a fabricator we use through work up here. He doesnt do car stuff but I get special treatment lol.

Winnie
4th June 2016, 07:35 PM
Hey Mat what's the thread for on cylinder 4?

AB
4th June 2016, 07:42 PM
Hey Mat what's the thread for on cylinder 4? Probably just boost gauge, recirculation and pump?

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 07:44 PM
Hey Mat what's the thread for on cylinder 4?

For a clamp that holds the injector likes on later engines.

AB
4th June 2016, 08:08 PM
For a clamp that holds the injector likes on later engines. Where do you tap in for my comment above?

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 08:13 PM
Where do you tap in for my comment above?

I will grab a pic soon and post it.

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 09:24 PM
Reference lines go here for boost controller, compensator and boost gauge. With a spare.

AB
4th June 2016, 09:27 PM
Reference lines go here for boost controller, compensator and boost gauge. With a spare. Yeah right..that is way too neat!!!

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 09:47 PM
This is the bolt that winnie asked about. Its the bolt that looks closest to the head.

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 09:53 PM
Just a general pic of it in the engine bay. AB Winnie

nissannewby
4th June 2016, 09:57 PM
Yeah right..that is way too neat!!!

I was a little taken back at the state of some of the engine bays I saw while I was down there....

Winnie
4th June 2016, 10:00 PM
Looks awesome man, very neat! I like it

BigRAWesty
5th June 2016, 09:56 AM
I was a little taken back at the state of some of the engine bays I saw while I was down there....
In a good or bad way.... ????

MB
5th June 2016, 06:04 PM

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/60.jpg
Honestly just noticed this today on the back of AB's now ridiculous beast :-)!
Worth reading the 'fine' print below the sticker! 'Upgraded ballistic plates are available on request if QLDer's have crossed the border' :-)
Well done Matty, OldMav & BenEboy, unbelievable:-) !!

BigRAWesty
5th June 2016, 06:57 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/60.jpg
Honestly just noticed this today on the back of AB's now ridiculous beast :-)!
Worth reading the 'fine' print below the sticker! 'Upgraded ballistic plates are available on request if QLDer's have crossed the border' :-)
Well done Matty, OldMav & BenEboy, unbelievable:-) !!
Gunna sell the chev now??

MB
5th June 2016, 07:54 PM
Never :-( Middle aged crisis for silly V noise loving :-) All jokes aside, the 6.5 NA suits my needs truly. Had my C5/6 neck fused late last year, my wannabe days of smashing tracks have passed! What these QLD Legends have done for AB is phenomenal/inspirational:-)! I'll keep chugging at the back of the line, slow & steady :-)
Thanks Peter, ""There's no Replacement for Displacement" that's why I love it :-) !

nissannewby
5th June 2016, 08:43 PM

Mark was given some ideas on how to make the chev better as well ;)

Winnie
5th June 2016, 08:44 PM
Forced induction for starters ;)

nissannewby
5th June 2016, 08:46 PM
Forced induction for starters ;)

That and quite a few other things.

MB
5th June 2016, 08:52 PM
:-) Legend Matty/Peter :-) ! Maybe, let's work on that in another 'thread' thingymebob :-) ! Your work here is 4.2Gospel for the ages !!!!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
5th June 2016, 09:21 PM
Now you just have to sort out your snorkel so the turbo get enough Air.

I reckon this would be worth at least 10kw! Bolt it!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/77.jpg

You wouldn't have to worry about your oven either!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/78.jpg

Rossco
5th June 2016, 09:26 PM
Now you just have to sort out your snorkel so the turbo get enough Air.

I reckon this would be worth at least 10kw! Bolt it!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2016/06/77.jpg

Seriously it's bloody loud now!! Need to put a ram head in mine too, a bit over not being able to enjoy the window down. . .

Winnie
5th June 2016, 09:44 PM
Seriously it's bloody loud now!! Need to put a ram head in mine too, a bit over not being able to enjoy the window down. . .
Yep ram head is definitely on the list for me too

AB
18th June 2016, 06:17 PM
When I finally get the heaviest exedy clutch on could other issues rear their heads with the slave cylinder and stock GQ lines and possibly master?

Rossco
18th June 2016, 07:11 PM
When I finally get the heaviest exedy clutch on could other issues rear their heads with the slave cylinder and stock GQ lines and possibly master?
Wouldn't think so, as long as their all in good nick should fine i reckon. Although get what your thinking extra force needed to throw out tighter springs will put it to the test a bit more. .

AB
19th June 2016, 06:45 PM
Wouldn't think so, as long as their all in good nick should fine i reckon. Although get what your thinking extra force needed to throw out tighter springs will put it to the test a bit more. . Cheers Rossco, paranoid me set in as usual but it got me thinking too with extra pressure.

Even though the other exedy has been fine for years.

BigRAWesty
19th June 2016, 08:12 PM
Cheers Rossco, paranoid me set in as usual but it got me thinking too with extra pressure.

Even though the other exedy has been fine for years.
Do the gu have a bigger clutch booster??
Maybe worth looking into..

nissannewby
19th June 2016, 08:18 PM
Will be fine.

AB
23rd June 2016, 12:13 PM
UFI clutch ordered!!!

Money in, money out...

Chappy
23rd June 2016, 12:29 PM
UFI clutch ordered!!!

Money in, money out...
Are you fitting yours yourself or getting someone to do it?

Touses
23rd June 2016, 12:57 PM
UFI clutch ordered!!!

Money in, money out...

You'll be right mate! Get a coupla boarders! That'll sort the money worries!

AB
23rd June 2016, 01:10 PM
Are you fitting yours yourself or getting someone to do it? I'll get Patrolapart to fit it mate.

nissannewby
23rd June 2016, 01:28 PM
UFI clutch ordered!!!

Money in, money out...

Awesome. I will hopefully have the flyhweel sorted by next week for you mate

Sir Roofy
23rd June 2016, 01:31 PM
UFI clutch ordered!!!

Money in, money out...

never ending even when you're flat broke

AB
28th June 2016, 08:24 PM
Time for an update! I'm pushing it short for the trip but fingers crossed. Clutch should be here this week.

Matty is kindly getting the flywheel machined for me and should hopefully have all this ready next week.

I needed a shorter bracket on the wastegate to move it away from the tower brace panelling

Get it all balanced on that week too, fix up a few minor things then booked in with Patrolapart on the Monday before licola to fit clutch, etc then Dieseltec on the Wednesday!

Sir Roofy
28th June 2016, 08:40 PM
Time for an update! I'm pushing it short for the trip but fingers crossed. Clutch should be here this week.

Matty is kindly getting the flywheel machined for me and should hopefully have all this ready next week.

I needed a shorter bracket on the wastegate to move it away from the tower brace panelling

Get it all balanced on that week too, fix up a few minor things then booked in with Patrolapart on the Monday before licola to fit clutch, etc then Dieseltec on the Wednesday!

If you get to Licola and find all that power is no good in slippery
conditions and all that snow air is to cold for the motor with that big
lntake you'll need to cover radiator to get home?/?

Rossco
28th June 2016, 08:49 PM
Hope Andy doesn't dilly dally too much, I'd be stressing hahaha. Nah you should be right nothing like a bit of excitement cutting it fine! Bet ur hangn to get it all going ☺

MB
28th June 2016, 08:56 PM
If you get to Licola and find all that power is no good in slippery conditions and all that snow air is to cold for the motor with that big lntake you'll need to cover radiator to get home?/?
Sheet of asbestos for the radiator/front mount IC Roofy :-) Intake, like MRTD agreed internally through glovebox, AB, take the inlaw's along for warmish moist air ;-) !

Sir Roofy
28th June 2016, 11:38 PM
Sheet of asbestos for the radiator/front mount IC Roofy :-) Intake, like MRTD agreed internally through glovebox, AB, take the inlaw's along for warmish moist air ;-) !

That will fix it moist air and asbestos to keep it warm

MB
28th June 2016, 11:45 PM
That will fix it moist air and asbestos to keep it warm ;-).......

MB
28th June 2016, 11:53 PM
Please don't forget Roofy, you and I we're the old school mouths suggesting other methods up 'Toolan-Rocky Track' and we both failed some years ago :-( They've got it sorted these days mate, damn ARB Lockers :-)!!

Sir Roofy
29th June 2016, 10:11 AM
Please don't forget Roofy, you and I we're the old school mouths suggesting other methods up 'Toolan-Rocky Track' and we both failed some years ago :-( They've got it sorted these days mate, damn ARB Lockers :-)!!

Lesson learnt have front lockers but that's a narly track even for the best

AB
29th June 2016, 11:51 AM
Ooww, parcel has arrived!!!

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=67898&stc=1

Touses
29th June 2016, 12:07 PM

And I thought you were going for the crutchless look??

nissannewby
29th June 2016, 12:11 PM

Flywheel will be machined today

AB
29th June 2016, 12:20 PM
Flywheel will be machined today Legend thank you mate!!!

nissannewby
30th June 2016, 07:18 PM
One 2.2kg lighter flywheel ready for AB

AB
30th June 2016, 07:21 PM
One 2.2kg lighter flywheel ready for AB Cheers Matty!

Can't wait to get all these on and back on the road!!!

nissannewby
30th June 2016, 07:23 PM
One with it on the lathe.

AB
30th June 2016, 09:20 PM
I received an email today from the supplier of the super short wastegate bracket to say shipping delayed until 30th July!!!

That is a disaster for the licola trip!

A kind email was returned awaiting a reply ;)

Rossco
30th June 2016, 09:27 PM
I received an email today from the supplier of the super short wastegate bracket to say shipping delayed until 30th July!!!

Can you get away with it in the meantime or not the best? ?

MB
30th June 2016, 09:44 PM
why did he snub me and walk away :-( :-(

Winnie
30th June 2016, 09:49 PM
I've already stupidly suggested letting both drivers side BFG's down to 10 psi to get under 15degrees turbo rotation, why did he snub me and walk away :-( :-(
What a jerk... Bloody good idea and thinking outside the square MB!

AB
30th June 2016, 10:03 PM

I've just spent too much $$$ and time on this to be doing anything dodgy that's all.

AB
30th June 2016, 10:04 PM
why did he snub me and walk away :-( :-( Passenger side bro....lol

Drivers side would make it worse.

rusty_nail
1st July 2016, 06:59 AM

Sounds like you get to ride shotgun with someone [emoji12]

Sent from my bar of soap with a piece of string

AB
1st July 2016, 10:34 AM
Sounds like you get to ride shotgun with someone [emoji12] Sent from my bar of soap with a piece of string Nop all sorted!

They refunded $$$ and I ordered off someone else. Here in 10 days!

rusty_nail
1st July 2016, 10:38 AM
Nop all sorted!

They refunded $$$ and I ordered off someone else. Here in 10 days!

happy days mate! will be good to see the beast all up and running!

nissannewby
1st July 2016, 08:54 PM
Flywheel was picked up at about 1pm today. Hopefully this means you will see it mid next week.

AB
1st July 2016, 08:57 PM
Flywheel was picked up at about 1pm today. Hopefully this means you will see it mid next week. thanks again matty, I ordered the bracket off gcg 10 working days!

It's all coming together!

How's that for luck our courier was picking something else up on your street today!

Winnie
1st July 2016, 09:12 PM
thanks again matty, I ordered the bracket off gcg 10 working days!

It's all coming together!

How's that for luck our courier was picking something else up on your street today!
Hope you get it all ready for the licola trip mate, I am very excited to see how it goes!

Rossco
1st July 2016, 09:14 PM
Hope you get it all ready for the licola trip mate, I am very excited to see how it goes!
Andy's going to have a line queuing up for joyrides lol. .

MB
2nd July 2016, 12:59 AM
Andy's going to have a line queuing up for joyrides lol. .
Was fortunate enough to experience a free ride on night of completion by Matt/Peter/Benny before the slippage. Hands down, sh@t all over the V8 Calder Bday 6 lap experience gifted last year :-) Fair Dinkum, Matty can drive too, records are made to be broken Possum:-)!

AB
4th July 2016, 05:49 PM
Got a call from the office this arvo that the flywheel turned up, cheers Matty!!!

Time to face and balance this week and get these puppies in the GQ!!!

AB
11th July 2016, 04:03 PM
Flywheel faced and everything balanced!

AB
15th July 2016, 03:47 PM
Shorter bracket for the Borgwarner turned up today!

10 more days to go!!!

AB
16th July 2016, 09:08 PM
This is killing me!!!

http://youtu.be/IyOZ3AFyHgQ

MudRunnerTD
16th July 2016, 09:37 PM
This is killing me!!!

What.......

The.........

Fark!!!!....

You stoned bro?

I watched it to the end!!! You own me 30 seconds!

AB
16th July 2016, 09:38 PM
What....... The......... Fark!!!!.... You stoned bro? I watched it to the end!!! You own me 30 seconds! 9...yes...nyne dayz to go ;)

Sprock
17th July 2016, 12:26 AM
Me too Mudrunner ! I thought there was going to be a punch line or something relevant 😩

Touses
17th July 2016, 10:46 AM
This is killing me!!!

I don't know who's the bigger dickhead, you for posting it or me for watching it right thru! Hahahahaha

AB
17th July 2016, 10:03 PM
I don't know who's the bigger dickhead, you for posting it or me for watching it right thru! Hahahahaha http://youtu.be/L5bqMDGWXO8

TPC
17th July 2016, 10:16 PM
http://youtu.be/L5bqMDGWXO8

I am not falling for that again.

AB
22nd July 2016, 08:00 PM
Probably the first and last time I ever say this but I cannot wait for this weekend to finish and bring on Monday!

nissannewby
22nd July 2016, 08:07 PM
Probably the first and last time I ever say this but I cannot wait for this weekend to finish and bring on Monday!

Its dragging out thats for sure. Did you fit new bracket already?

jay see
22nd July 2016, 08:10 PM
Settle down.
Weather might be farked but no work is a win.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

AB
22nd July 2016, 08:11 PM
Its dragging out thats for sure. Did you fit new bracket already? No, I'm getting Andy to do it. I don't have tools to thread the arm.

nissannewby
22nd July 2016, 08:13 PM
No, I'm getting Andy to do it. I don't have tools to thread the arm.

Ok. They are cheap to buy.

AB
22nd July 2016, 08:15 PM
Ok. They are cheap to buy. I'm just out of time mate

nissannewby
22nd July 2016, 08:24 PM
I'm just out of time mate

All good. Im excited for the results. So much so this week has taken forever.

MudRunnerTD
22nd July 2016, 09:15 PM
Nothing to see here. Move on.

AB
25th July 2016, 07:51 AM
Yay for Monday!

Winnie
25th July 2016, 08:00 AM
So just the clutch and flywheel going in today? When does it get dyno'd?

AB
25th July 2016, 08:14 AM
So just the clutch and flywheel going in today? When does it get dyno'd? Wednesday.....

Winnie
25th July 2016, 08:25 AM
All ready in time for Licola!

nissannewby
25th July 2016, 08:28 AM
Wednesday.....

Excellent. Im hoping it goes 180rwkw and 700+nm

mudski
25th July 2016, 05:35 PM
Whos doing the Dyno tune AB? Once I got a few more things done to mine I want to get it done again. But, from someone else? Lol.

AB
25th July 2016, 06:40 PM
Just picked up the GQ, loving it!!!

Mark has a sneaky vid of us on the way back from Patrolapart, clutch is now bedded...lol

Wednesday for the dyno Mark, can't wait!!!

MB
25th July 2016, 07:04 PM
Video can never really express forces :-) He held it back quite a bit too Matty with all the fresh new bits bedding in :-) Wednesday on the rollers will be interesting!!https://vimeo.com/176131373

Winnie
25th July 2016, 07:16 PM
I cannot wait to go for a ride in this thing on the weekend AB!

Chappy
25th July 2016, 07:27 PM
Great to hear that everything went smoothly.
How do you find the UFI compared to the Exedy AB ?

AB
25th July 2016, 08:29 PM
Great to hear that everything went smoothly. How do you find the UFI compared to the Exedy AB ? It picks up revs quicker but I need to drive it more mate, only did 10 minutes on the way home.

So far so good mate, loving it!

nissannewby
25th July 2016, 09:19 PM
Bring on Wednesday.

MB
25th July 2016, 09:41 PM
Bring on Wednesday.
It's already a dead set showcase of your skills Matty & Team!! Wish I could tip my hat to you all, we're all in tea cozzies ATM. Crispy air and DTech's roller door open should peak the scales Wednesday!!

nissannewby
25th July 2016, 10:20 PM
It's already a dead set showcase of your skills Matty & Team!! Wish I could tip my hat to you all, we're all in tea cozzies ATM. Crispy air and DTech's roller door open should peak the scales Wednesday!!

Its not finished yet ;)

MB
25th July 2016, 10:26 PM
Its not finished yet ;)
You're kidding surely !!

nissannewby
25th July 2016, 10:33 PM
You're kidding surely !!

Nope. AB will pick up the start of the next part when you guys are up here.

AB
26th July 2016, 08:04 AM
Nope. AB will pick up the start of the next part when you guys are up here. Word on the street MB is banks are much easier to rob up there ;)

MudRunnerTD
26th July 2016, 06:10 PM
Boring! Is it Wednesday Yet!!???

AB
26th July 2016, 06:48 PM
Boring! Is it Wednesday Yet!!??? Almost!!!

I drove it to work today and it wasn't boring at all ;)

Plasnart
26th July 2016, 07:08 PM
Almost!!!

I drove it to work today and it wasn't boring at all ;)

Hope youve got some good rubber below mate. Dont go sliding this thing into a tree!! First trol to wear slicks perhaps?? :D

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2016, 03:05 PM
Hello! We are Waiting!!!!!

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2016, 03:22 PM
You Know its Wednesday Yeah????

AB
27th July 2016, 03:31 PM
You Know its Wednesday Yeah???? Oh crap I forgot!!!

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2016, 03:34 PM
Oh crap I forgot!!!

too busy galvanting around in the bloody courtesy car from Patrol-a-Part.

I want Pics,
I want Video,
I want Dyno charts!
I want Numbers!

Get on it Bloke!

Oh..... and i want a little Wednesday Arvo Left Wheel Lifting please!!

Winnie
27th July 2016, 04:24 PM
Yeah come on AB?

Maxhead
27th July 2016, 05:24 PM
You're a tease Andy, I bet you're sitting there with the dyno papers laughing at us refreshing whats new every 3 seconds waiting for the results....lol

AB
27th July 2016, 05:41 PM
Wow!!!

I've created a monster!!!!

AB
27th July 2016, 05:49 PM

Apparently there's more there if I wanted. Ridiculous!!!!!!

Stropp
27th July 2016, 06:01 PM

Apparently there's more there if I wanted. Ridiculous!!!!!!

not bad for a bunky ol Q :)

nissannewby
27th July 2016, 06:04 PM
This is good. Has made my day. 900nm at like 2000rpm. That is unheard of from a setup like this. We havent even got a modified intake on it yet.

Ben-e-boy

Winnie
27th July 2016, 06:06 PM
Omg AB! Holy crap!

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2016, 06:09 PM
WOW! 196kw! Holy Shit mate! I know you have spent some coin but there are PLENTY of TDs out there chasing the 200KW that have spent way way way more than you!

nissannewby You did good mate!

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2016, 06:12 PM
And what was the feedback from Diesel Tech? Surely they have built their fare share of 200kwTDs, where they expecting to tune yours to 200?

And its only tuned too 28psi!! WOW

nissannewby
27th July 2016, 06:15 PM
And what was the feedback from Diesel Tech? Surely they have built their fare share of 200kwTDs, where they expecting to tune yours to 200?

And its only tuned too 28psi!! WOW

Probably the first he has seen something like that...

AB
27th July 2016, 06:17 PM
It's very impressive gents, I'm stoked!!!

nissannewby
27th July 2016, 06:25 PM
It's very impressive gents, I'm stoked!!!

Yes mate very impressive. Im super stoked with the results you habe achieved with your setup.

gubigfish
27th July 2016, 06:28 PM
Come on wheres the video.....

So thats after 12mm pump, borg warner turbo, new clutch with lightened and balanced flywheel yeah?

AB
27th July 2016, 06:30 PM
Come on wheres the video..... So thats after 12mm pump, borg warner turbo, new clutch with lightened and balanced flywheel yeah? Yep, running 4" fatz airbox, 4" piping all the way to turbo, with big front mount WRX intercooler with 3" piping.

Chappy
27th July 2016, 06:53 PM
Holy shit! I need to bring mine to him, that's awesome!

mudski
27th July 2016, 07:07 PM
Erm yeah! Im thinking the same. Fecking awesome!

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk

nissannewby
27th July 2016, 07:17 PM

Bit more to it than where he has taken it....

Plasnart
27th July 2016, 07:22 PM

Tester can only test what the creator has created!

Chappy
27th July 2016, 07:25 PM
I'm sure there is.. By the sounds of things my tune isn't the best though. It wouldn't hurt to get someone else to have a go.

Winnie
27th July 2016, 07:37 PM
I am seriously impressed Mat and Andy. 900nm is insane!! Cannot wait for a joyride on the weekend

nissannewby
27th July 2016, 07:50 PM
I'm sure there is.. By the sounds of things my tune isn't the best though. It wouldn't hurt to get someone else to have a go.

What has you thinking that its not right?

AB
27th July 2016, 07:56 PM
I am seriously impressed Mat and Andy. 900nm is insane!! Cannot wait for a joyride on the weekend Its too much Winnie.

This will have to come down a bit me thinks....

Winnie
27th July 2016, 07:59 PM
Not before the weekend though ;)
Why do you think it will have to come down? Do you think you are damaging the motor at this level?

Maxhead
27th July 2016, 07:59 PM
Its too much Winnie.

You crazy! You want more mate, trust me

MudRunnerTD
27th July 2016, 08:12 PM
Its too much Winnie.

Haha!!! I remember flogging my ZZR250, ringing its neck, i got on my new 995i Triple for the first weekend!! Every article i had read said the power really came on at 5000rpm and was great fun from there! First weekend out i couldn't get the thing over 6k without shitting myself, it was a beast!! Needless to say though after i grew into it is spent its days between 9k and 11k :p was great!!

If you are not hurting it then it doesn't need a detune mate, you will grow into it quickly. Your driving the New GQ the same as the Old GQ, they are Not the Same. Enjoy.

Timbo
27th July 2016, 08:22 PM
Good results AB.

What was the exact model of turbo you bought again? Might have to look into exchanging my 11mm pump over for a 12mm, buying a BB turbo and installing a front mount intercooler! Going to be cheaper than buying a new car. :D

AB
27th July 2016, 08:44 PM
Not before the weekend though ;) Why do you think it will have to come down? Do you think you are damaging the motor at this level? The fuel ratio is way too rich mate. It will hopefully bring torque down to max 800 with 32 psi increased and afr up to 18-20 ish.

AB
27th July 2016, 08:45 PM
Good results AB. What was the exact model of turbo you bought again? Might have to look into exchanging my 11mm pump over for a 12mm, buying a BB turbo and installing a front mount intercooler! Going to be cheaper than buying a new car. :D Hey mate, Borgwarner EFR 6758

Timbo
27th July 2016, 08:50 PM
Hey mate, Borgwarner EFR 6758

awesome cheers

Winnie
27th July 2016, 09:32 PM
How are your temps on the current tune?

nissannewby
27th July 2016, 09:38 PM
Not before the weekend though ;)
Why do you think it will have to come down? Do you think you are damaging the motor at this level?

We are at a level where crank and gearbox life has to be considered. Its also running a little on the rich side. It wont be much less about 800nm will be good.

BigRAWesty
27th July 2016, 09:43 PM
Holy fark!!!.
That is insane..
I'm surprised you still have rubber on the rear wheels..
And on note nice and early too..
Crazy.. simply crazy..

Fark..

jay see
27th July 2016, 10:26 PM
You going on the hunt for those fart boxes..
That would be funny seeing a young p plater being eaten up by a 20+ year 4wd.

Awesome result, gotta love the whistle..

PS.
Check your inbox mate, there's a message for ya..

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Ben-e-boy
28th July 2016, 01:52 AM
Very good............Really good. I suppose thats the reason it left a hefty skid coming up the hill :D

MudRunnerTD
28th July 2016, 02:02 AM
The bloody clutch probably still had 100,000kms in it behind a 100kw TD! Vicious! didn't stand a chance!

Ben-e-boy
28th July 2016, 02:19 AM
This is good. Has made my day. 900nm at like 2000rpm. That is unheard of from a setup like this. We havent even got a modified intake on it yet.

Ben-e-boy

It looks like the governor is taking control quite early??? Did he just tweak the patrol governor??

nissannewby
28th July 2016, 07:38 AM
It looks like the governor is taking control quite early??? Did he just tweak the patrol governor??

The governor is working really well. This pump is a very good thing. You can tell by the relatively flat afr curve and power curve. The torque dropping off is a manifold issue. Once a modded inlet goes on the curve should look a bit fatter

Winnie
28th July 2016, 08:08 AM
Hey Mat, were you expecting such a huge result from this setup or are you surprised at how well this has performed on the dyno?

nissannewby
28th July 2016, 09:20 AM
Hey Mat, were you expecting such a huge result from this setup or are you surprised at how well this has performed on the dyno?

No. I was expecting it to be good but not at this level. I posted earlier in this thread hoping for 180rwkw and 700+nm, I was trying to be conservative and it well and truly blew that prediction out. We were a little concerned the turbine housing might be a little restrictive but that isn't the case. She is a good little unit that's for sure.

Throbbinhood
28th July 2016, 10:12 AM
Glad you got a good result with your tuner mate, I haven't been happy with them in the past but I'm glad your outcome was obviously much better! Try not to kill too many tyres now.

Ben-e-boy
28th July 2016, 01:25 PM
The governor is working really well. This pump is a very good thing. You can tell by the relatively flat afr curve and power curve. The torque dropping off is a manifold issue. Once a modded inlet goes on the curve should look a bit fatter

Ahhh. I was just looking at fuel seemingly tapered off compared to the rest

AB
28th July 2016, 07:17 PM
How are your temps on the current tune? sorry mate missed this.

Really good. Can't get egts over 300 so we'll have to test it out this weekend!

So happy to drive this car again!

It's different...lol...as soon as boost kicks in it just wants to take off like a rocket so I've got to learn fine pedalling in the bush.

Woof
28th July 2016, 07:53 PM
Please take it easy AB, you don't want the same thing as my GQ mate

AB
28th July 2016, 08:03 PM
Please take it easy AB, you don't want the same thing as my GQ mate I've knocked it back a bit Doggy. I know mate, I still want it in a moderately safe area..lol

BigRAWesty
3rd August 2016, 11:05 AM
sorry mate missed this.

Really good. Can't get egts over 300 so we'll have to test it out this weekend!

So happy to drive this car again!

It's different...lol...as soon as boost kicks in it just wants to take off like a rocket so I've got to learn fine pedalling in the bush.
Although you have an insane amount of power the lightened fly woukd be assisting that acceleration aswell wouldn't it?

I'm unsure what my zd has in it but when it does go I'll be going a solid (if not already in) and looking to lighten it..
2.2kg is a fair weight removed.. benny woukd you say 2kg is max or was there room for more?

AB
3rd August 2016, 06:37 PM
Although you have an insane amount of power the lightened fly woukd be assisting that acceleration aswell wouldn't it? I'm unsure what my zd has in it but when it does go I'll be going a solid (if not already in) and looking to lighten it.. 2.2kg is a fair weight removed.. benny woukd you say 2kg is max or was there room for more? Yes, it brings rpm up quicker than before for sure.

nissannewby
3rd August 2016, 06:46 PM
Could have taken more out. Have seen 4kg taken out of a standard flywheel. For what its worth I probably wouldnt touch the zd flywheel. Just balance the assembly.

BigRAWesty
3rd August 2016, 10:12 PM
Could have taken more out. Have seen 4kg taken out of a standard flywheel. For what its worth I probably wouldnt touch the zd flywheel. Just balance the assembly.
Dam 4kg is a lot removed..

AB
28th August 2016, 07:55 PM
We are either getting very close to isolating my issue or very far away.

The last 4 weeks has killed me and is pretty much the most annoying issue I have ever had on any vehicle.

This week will be the decider and I'll write up a full story of my troubles which has been a many sleepless nights.

I wanted to post this to say a million thank you's to Matty! He has been a great friend to bounce my issues and offer solid guidance.

I've gained superior knowledge of many things with my issues which is a bonus but without Matty I would've given up weeks ago and copped many $$$ mechanic bills to be in the exact position I am in now.

MudRunnerTD
28th August 2016, 10:00 PM
Good job AB, Newby is one of a kind. Can't wait till it's sorted mate!!

AB
28th August 2016, 10:04 PM
Good job AB, Newby is one of a kind. Can't wait till it's sorted mate!! Never actually found out why he chose that name actually, or is it a play on words?

AB
3rd September 2016, 07:24 PM
I should fess up with what has been going on the last 5 weeks, still not solved and slowly killing me trying to work out what is going on to be honest!

On our last trip to Licola I had a bit of blue smoke out of the exhaust on the way down to our trip to Licola.

Checked the oil the next day before heading out on our daily 4wd adventure to find the dipstick empty...WTF!

I had dumped a litre of oil from the new turbo into the IC lines into the engine of course in only 250km.

So that was my weekend gone, thanks to Darren as he was driving ;) we got the car towed back to my house.

Being a new turbo I sent it back to the supplier who checked it out all out and confirmed it was fine and that the issue was with my car, set up, etc.

The last 5 weeks we have performed a million and one tests in which everything is turning out fine so the mystery is still continuing...

Probably another dozen or so other checks done but these main ones come to mind for now as I'm starting to get lost with everything!

Compression is spot on.

Oil pressure is spot on, bought an after market gauge as well to be sure.

Oil breather and crank case pressure is spot on

Brand new oil, everything fine.

Oil feed is fine, BW turbo has an inbuilt restriction too for the win.

Running turbo with no air filter and no exhaust is still leaking so can eliminate any air restriction / exhaust restriction.

Oil drain we thought was spot on, well the angle of drain and my barb in the sump and position in sump is spot on but word back from BW is that my oil drain ID should be 15mm not 12mm in what I was supplied.

Trying to find the right oil drain fitting to test but I am not sure this will be the fix but fingers firmly crossed!

I'm in WA for the next 7 days so I'll have to get back to this another time but fingers crossed to find out what the hell is causing the seals on my turbo to draw oil through!

Chappy
3rd September 2016, 07:55 PM
What a nightmare.. Let's hope you find the solution soon..

sooty_10
3rd September 2016, 08:47 PM
I should fess up with what has been going on the last 5 weeks, still not solved and slowly killing me trying to work out what is going on to be honest!

On our last trip to Licola I had a bit of blue smoke out of the exhaust on the way down to our trip to Licola.

Checked the oil the next day before heading out on our daily 4wd adventure to find the dipstick empty...WTF!

I had dumped a litre of oil from the new turbo into the IC lines into the engine of course in only 250km.

So that was my weekend gone, thanks to Darren as he was driving ;) we got the car towed back to my house.

Being a new turbo I sent it back to the supplier who checked it out all out and confirmed it was fine and that the issue was with my car, set up, etc.

The last 5 weeks we have performed a million and one tests in which everything is turning out fine so the mystery is still continuing...

Probably another dozen or so other checks done but these main ones come to mind for now as I'm starting to get lost with everything!

Compression is spot on.

Oil pressure is spot on, bought an after market gauge as well to be sure.

Oil breather and crank case pressure is spot on

Brand new oil, everything fine.

Oil feed is fine, BW turbo has an inbuilt restriction too for the win.

Running turbo with no air filter and no exhaust is still leaking so can eliminate any air restriction / exhaust restriction.

Oil drain we thought was spot on, well the angle of drain and my barb in the sump and position in sump is spot on but word back from BW is that my oil drain ID should be 15mm not 12mm in what I was supplied.

Trying to find the right oil drain fitting to test but I am not sure this will be the fix but fingers firmly crossed!

I'm in WA for the next 7 days so I'll have to get back to this another time but fingers crossed to find out what the hell is causing the seals on my turbo to draw oil through!
Does your oil return above or below the sump oil level? Do you have a one way valve in the drain line? Does it even need one I dunno. But could it be back flow up your oil drain?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

AB
3rd September 2016, 08:54 PM
Above level mate but thanks for asking any questions mate as i am losing my ship with reasons.

No one way valve just hose mate but my next step is getting the correct oil drain fitting although supplied the incorrect one to begin with.

I have gone too far and may be chasing my tail but we saw oil coming out of turbo with no oil drain at all, just into container whilst engine running but could've been oil residue sitting in turbo already from past tests which is frustrating.

Here is a clear tube pipe installed test and its flowing.

http://youtu.be/LUwiSzxdV84

Oil from turbo...I'm solo here so video is crap

http://youtu.be/bEXliAD9Juc

AB
3rd September 2016, 09:10 PM
Fwiw in the drain video. This is a clear tube, once oil hits the wall of clear tube it stays.

At the bottom is the oil hitting the barb so small amounts will come back "coating" the clear tube. That is not full of oil sitting at bottom, nor is top part either as you are seeing oil "splashing" "swirling" from the turbo.

However, oil drain fitting from turbo incorrectly supplied replacement is close to my last resort to be honest.

In fact, if that fails I have no idea what to do next?

AB
3rd September 2016, 09:30 PM
Does your oil return above or below the sump oil level? Do you have a one way valve in the drain line? Does it even need one I dunno. But could it be back flow up your oil drain? Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk Also, no you don't need a one way valve. You just want oil to flow the quickest way possible with as much volume you can give mate.

Sprock
3rd September 2016, 10:16 PM
Jesus Christ mate ! I hoped after our conversation the other day that you'd have got some direction from the turbo guru but obviously it continues 😩

AB
3rd September 2016, 10:32 PM
Jesus Christ mate ! I hoped after our conversation the other day that you'd have got some direction from the turbo guru but obviously it continues Checked out fine mate which in my position was very disappointing lol

Ben-e-boy
3rd September 2016, 11:56 PM
So what was the compressed air test outcome

AB
4th September 2016, 08:12 AM
So what was the compressed air test outcome Perfect, as per the video...

JonnoD
4th September 2016, 08:43 AM
That really sucks mate. Mine hasnt been driven since that trip either so I feel your pain

Sprock
5th September 2016, 06:54 PM
Checked out fine mate which in my position was very disappointing lol

That sucks big hairy balls mate [emoji30]

AB
5th September 2016, 08:10 PM
That sucks big hairy balls mate [emoji30] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk All good mate, i may have an answer soon when I get back to Vic!