PDA

View Full Version : mounting 2 aerials

scotchpom
30th January 2011, 02:39 PM
Hey has anyone heard about the legallities of mounting 2 aerials on one side of the vehicle...I was chatting to a QT bloke...while he was counting drops of oil falling off the sump...and he was saying something about there being some new regulation in the pipeworks that you couldn't have 2 bar mounted aerials on the one side, I have 2 on the passenger side about a foot apart as I didn't think it very practical to have an aerial whipping about infront of your face while you're driving....he said himself he thought it was pretty stupid but that they were considering making it illegal to have them mounted on one side lol...anyway...never have heard anything since tho....sounds about as intelligent as the bullbar fiasco.

YNOT
30th January 2011, 02:52 PM
I think it looks better having one aerial on either side, but it's just not practical as you said. It's distracting having an aerial in your direct line of vision, especially if it's on a spring base and moving around.

Tony

scotchpom
30th January 2011, 03:39 PM
He noticed that i had them both on the one side and mentioned it, thought it was pretty rediculous idea making a regulation out of it himself lol...you gotta have them about about 12 or 14 inches apart i think it is so they don't interfere with each others reception and the bars come with a mounting point on each side, i put mine one either side at the start and went for a drive and i couldn't stand it being there infront of me, i guess it is something you would get used to, they still distract me on the passenger side tho....maybe it might be a safer option to have them mounted drivers side lol...it was a few months ago that he mentioned it and i havn't heard anything since, just curious wether anyone else has heard about it....He could've just been looking for another reason to sting me=P...nah he wasn't...we had a gd chat about mechanics n stuff, he was a pretty nice chap actually, the driver with him wasn't tho.

Finly Owner
1st February 2011, 12:04 AM
nvr heard of it. only evr kept aerials apart to yeah stop interference feed. I have stainless uhf on right and has no affect on my vision. At first, the blue bit did but now no probs. sounds stupid to outlaw bunching.

patch697
1st February 2011, 12:14 AM
I got one on either side & soon to have 2 on the LHS of my bullbar & I dont have any problems with distraction but I guess its just what you get used to

HILLBILLY BOY
1st February 2011, 02:38 PM
I have two on the middle section of the bull bar, they are a matched pair of ZCG ones, I still have good forward vision as does the passenger, never had any dramas with the police either.