PDA

View Full Version : Anthony

Spoons
30th January 2011, 01:51 PM
I know it's that time of the year but we had our turn last year with Ului. Now Anthony is about 300 clicks off the coast and supposedly will make landfall about 30 clicks North of us. What, is there a sign out to sea with "Cyclones head this way" or something?

Anyway, boat is full of water, caravan is tied down to star pickets driven 1.5 M into the ground, been to the tip this morning to drop off crap we didn't want, got plenty of food and beer and water and gas and batteries and torch's, shed locked up tight and Patrol tucked up under the carport. Rodeo will just have to take it's chances.

The wind is starting to pick up, rain will start soon and the power will probably go out this afternoon or evening. I just hope the cricket is over by then, hehe.

Anybody else up this way, stay safe and I hope it doesn't do any damage.

YNOT
30th January 2011, 01:54 PM
If you didn't like cyclones then you chose the wrong place to live!
Good luck and stay safe mate, at least it sounds like you are as prepared as you can be.
Oh and don't look now but there is another even bigger low off the coast as well!

Tony

Maxhead
30th January 2011, 02:15 PM
Good luck with it all mate, hope it turns back to sea
Stay Safe!

Spoons
30th January 2011, 03:15 PM
Thanks everyone. About the only disadvantage living in this paradise is the willie willies we sometimes get.

Bloody thing keeps moving more south each time BOM releases a map. The other one is more of a worry, it's a heap bigger than Anthony.

Spoons
30th January 2011, 04:21 PM
If any of you have got Google Earth tick weather (bottom left) and have a look to the North East of Australia near Vanuatu. Bloody monster. Makes Anthony look like a passing shower. Hope it stays out there and away from us.

MudRunnerTD
30th January 2011, 04:25 PM
Good luck Spoons, good to here the rodeo took the second row mate. Hope you travel safe mate.

Dark 1
30th January 2011, 04:48 PM
Yeh Spoons were up hear & bracing for the wind & rain. Just can't seem to get away from this bloody rain. Spent most of the arvy tidying up & packing away. Unfortunately the trol will have to brave it outside, won't fit in the garage. Stay safe mate & see you on the flip side.

DX grunt
30th January 2011, 07:43 PM
Stay safe Qld, we're still thinking of you.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Woof
30th January 2011, 08:16 PM
Bloody hell Qld certainly copped it lately, must be due for a change for the better soon.
My thoughts are with everyone there still, please stay safe.

Dark 1
30th January 2011, 09:00 PM
Thanks guys , it's blowing it's arse out here in mackay. Very similar to when ului hit. Ah well still have power so can chat on the forum & watch the aussies kick the poms.

Spoons
30th January 2011, 09:09 PM
Wind starting to really get up now. Rain is horozontal. Couple of palms down already, one just brushed the house. Not too worried about the house though, tough old thing. More worried about the boat and caravan.

Max gust so far 76kmh, 36.3mm rain and pressure dropping quickly. I think that means it's on it's way and is close. Gusts are starting to be consistent as well.

Got those Pommy mongrels whipped, just a matter of time.

Bugger, power went out momentarily and the surge protection wont turn on for about 10 minutes. Suprised we have lasted this long.

Dark 1
30th January 2011, 09:25 PM
Good luck mate, just remember van & boat can be replaced lives can't . Stay safe buddy hope to chat to you tommorrow when all said & done.

Spoons
30th January 2011, 09:43 PM
Yeah, your right but it would bring a tear to the eye, especially the boat. Now if it was the Patrol, that would be curl up in the corner in the foetal position and sob unashamedly while kicking legs and screaming.

Nah, it's all insured, if it gets broke I'll just have to get it fixed or replaced.

patch697
30th January 2011, 09:49 PM
Natural disasters are something we can't control unfortunately but the way we deal with there impact is, so do what you can to lessen the impact on your property & above all keep yourselves & your families safe as you can.

Although its not always possible please try & keep your family & friends apprised of your situation & well being as thay wil be worried about you also.

Best wishes & best of luck to all, I hope you fare well.

Spoons
30th January 2011, 09:59 PM
Wind has dropped right off, only about 15 - 20 kmh. Rain has eased off too. Might be getting the eye. Usually the reverse winds as the eye passes are stronger.

wildgu6
30th January 2011, 10:29 PM
Hey spoons, hope all works out over there, stay safe mate.
Cant take a trick over there at the moment can ya, Take care buddy.

Cheers Pete

NissanGQ4.2
31st January 2011, 05:55 PM
If any of you have got Google Earth tick weather (bottom left) and have a look to the North East of Australia near Vanuatu. Bloody monster. Makes Anthony look like a passing shower. Hope it stays out there and away from us.

Looks like a biggy over Vanuatu, not that u can see Vanuatu

Stay safe Guys n girls

wildgu6
31st January 2011, 06:40 PM
Looks like a biggy over Vanuatu, not that u can see Vanuatu

Stay safe Guys n girls

Ditto Todd.
Great satellite shot mate. Looks nasty.

Take care up there in QLD & NSW by the looks of things and stay safe guys.
Fingers crossed it blows away.

Cheers Pete

AB
31st January 2011, 07:54 PM
That looks very nasty Todd, thanks for showing us!

Spoons
31st January 2011, 08:01 PM
http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html

Try this one, scarier colours.

AB
31st January 2011, 08:04 PM
Jeez H guys....Lets hope that dies off...I'm not religous but pray this stays away!!!!

Clunk
31st January 2011, 08:14 PM
looking pretty nasty so far, hope it dies or vears off

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDQ65002.shtml

NissanGQ4.2
31st January 2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html

Try this one, scarier colours.

Great site mate, thanks for the link

Finly Owner
31st January 2011, 10:38 PM
Now hoping that Qld can survive The big one.

patch697
31st January 2011, 10:49 PM
Now hoping that Qld can survive The big one.

Man I worried for you lot.......... I will put the hole QLD chapter up at my place if you need it.

Dark 1
31st January 2011, 11:10 PM
Would someone please take the [ "Cyclones & flooding this way"] sign down that is out on the qld coast. Can't catch a break at the moment.