PDA

View Full Version : New member

CPOCSM
27th January 2014, 12:48 PM
G'day all. My name is rob and have been a patrol owner in the past(1993 GQ TI dual fuel)however sold my pride and joy due to long deployments with navy. Originally from Toowoomba and spent 25 years in Navy as a warfare Chief Petty Officer and since left in 2012, returned to Toowoomba to start a nursing degree. Currently in my final year and looking forward to a completely polar vocation.

Looking at purchasing a 1993 GQ TI again with all the fruit from a gent in Jimboomba at the end of the month so as to get back into the patrol scene. Has 275k on it, dual fuel again, dual air con, no off road apart from putting a jet ski into a dam, leather interior and full service history.

Looking forward to getting back into it again, not a big fan of monster rock climbs, more the ability to hit a sandy beach campsite and wetting a line every so often. Currently have a EB XR8, a 2013 Hyundai iX35 highlander and a Hyundai i30 plus a 1977 Mini S with a supercharged 998cc for a nice blat through the winding roads up this way.

Hooroo

Rob

Toowoomba

threedogs
27th January 2014, 01:16 PM
That first Ti certainly made an impact on you. so welcome Rob to the best forum
on the planet. Jump in anytime and enjoy. Don't forget some pics when you get the new Ti

MEGOMONSTER
27th January 2014, 01:30 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

fracster
27th January 2014, 01:34 PM
Welcome aboard Rob.

growler2058
27th January 2014, 01:43 PM
G'day Rob welcome aboard mate

CPOCSM
27th January 2014, 01:59 PM
Thank you all for the welcome. Well the TI did make a big impact as I went everywhere with it. Was a daily driver in Sydney when I was based there with a fortnightly return to Canberra where my home was. Just didn't want to see it rot in the garage while away on 8-10 month deployments. Never cost me a cent in repairs, oil changed every 5000km and had close to 350000km on it when I sold it. The fellow that bought it was a friend in Canberra who still has it today and has punched the 450000km and nothing untoward has happened to it apart from a new radiator and timing gear. They do run forever and hoping the new purchase will do the same.

They had their foibles with the electrics in the windows but easy enough to fix as replacement motors are easy to come by nowadays. Fuel economy was great and the 120 litre tank for LPG made touring a pleasure.

Rest assured, I will probably have a lot of questions when I do get it in a few weeks. Currently going to sic the RACQ onto it for a full once over, the current owner has done a safety check and a RWC but want to get the RACQ to give it a good once over just to be sure and present any issues to the current owner.

Hooroo

Gecko17
28th January 2014, 12:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Rob. Lots of ex service personnel here who are avid 4wdrivers. Great new vocation too by the way! Don't let the old matriarchs put you off either!

Stropp
28th January 2014, 06:43 PM
welcome along to the forum Rob, must be a navy thing mate i have a very good friend whos name is Rob, ex navy and he is a nurse nowadays. uncanny dont you think? anyway mate enjoy your stay with us here.

AB
28th January 2014, 07:29 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
28th January 2014, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
30th January 2014, 08:39 AM
Welcome to the forum mate have a good time

PMC
31st January 2014, 10:39 PM
G'day all. My name is rob and have been a patrol owner in the past(1993 GQ TI dual fuel)however sold my pride and joy due to long deployments with navy. Originally from Toowoomba and spent 25 years in Navy as a warfare Chief Petty Officer and since left in 2012, returned to Toowoomba to start a nursing degree. Currently in my final year and looking forward to a completely polar vocation.

Looking at purchasing a 1993 GQ TI again with all the fruit from a gent in Jimboomba at the end of the month so as to get back into the patrol scene. Has 275k on it, dual fuel again, dual air con, no off road apart from putting a jet ski into a dam, leather interior and full service history.

Looking forward to getting back into it again, not a big fan of monster rock climbs, more the ability to hit a sandy beach campsite and wetting a line every so often. Currently have a EB XR8, a 2013 Hyundai iX35 highlander and a Hyundai i30 plus a 1977 Mini S with a supercharged 998cc for a nice blat through the winding roads up this way.

Hooroo

Rob

Toowoomba

G’day Rob,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round! Also great to have another ex-serviceman aboard as well!

Regards,

RLI

Family4x4
3rd February 2014, 03:51 PM
Welcome mate, this forum is a great source and full of friendly people. Thanks for your sevice.