PDA

View Full Version : More disgusting behavior - in a Patrol ?

Hodge
27th January 2014, 10:30 AM
Just saw this on FB posted by Simon from 4WD. It's in a patrol so I hope it's nobody from here. Have a look and judge for your self.
Is this having fun or just asking for more authorities to hate 4x4's and close more tracks ?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=735512569792175

threedogs
27th January 2014, 10:39 AM
Is that the dam at 5 ways on mt Disappointment He's a clown and should know better it only gives the power that be more fodder to close tracks.
Am I to watch that and say what a good driver he is , sorry he's just a F'ing idiot

Hodge
27th January 2014, 10:41 AM
Nah it isn't TD, apparently it's somewhere in the Anglesea region, according to Simon.

happygu
27th January 2014, 10:49 AM
..... I just led a trip up to Mt Disappointment on Saturday ..... but it wasnt us .....:cool:

Great trip ...

Didnt see anything that looked like that area though

Mic

happygu
27th January 2014, 11:03 AM
If it was on private property, then there isnt too much anyone can do....

Trouble is that most of us have probably done something similar in the past anyway so it makes it hard to jump up and down over it.

What is the difference between this and driving through a big bog hole where you know you wont make it through?

threedogs
27th January 2014, 11:03 AM
I only know of the old mines down the back of Anglesea, He's still a clown
20-30 years ago you did do this but not for the last 15 that I know of

Hodge
27th January 2014, 11:11 AM
What is the difference between this and driving through a big bog hole where you know you wont make it through?

Difference being this bloke is going over the same mud patch/bog hole over and over again un-necessarily tearing the crap out of it. It's not like he is stuck. Hes intentionally hitting the deeper mud parts.
It's all in the name of fun. Completely understandable. Trouble is, he made it worse by making his video completely public and then shared it ( and then removed) across a few 4x4 FB pages showing off. Now it's out there on the interwebs forever.
No need to mention how much ammo this sort of stuff is giving the greenies and relevant authorities to shut more tracks down.
Just my 2c.

firm351
27th January 2014, 11:44 AM
I'm sure most of us have done something similar to this at some stage usually when young and stupid like those in the video. In years gone by we didn't have mobile phones with cameras on them to record all the stupid things we did.

sooty_10
27th January 2014, 12:39 PM
Link isn't working for me

04OFF
27th January 2014, 12:39 PM

Personally ive seen much worse environmental destruction, with normal "well to do" families driving to the beach, and then happily driving/parking on all the beach fauna and flora near the dunes.

If it was on private property, then there isnt too much anyone can do....

Trouble is that most of us have probably done something similar in the past anyway so it makes it hard to jump up and down over it.

I'm sure most of us have done something similar to this at some stage usually when young and stupid like those in the video. In years gone by we didn't have mobile phones with cameras on them to record all the stupid things we did.

Have to agree with these guys, I don't think its all "that" bad, I know we need to look after the environment etc, respect the land and so on, but all I see is just mud, no run off into a waterway, and not really a track anyway, any vehicle can avoid it all easy, so not really hindering some other driver who has to drive it later, I see no greenery getting destroyed ,so what is so bad that i am missing ?

MudRunnerTD
27th January 2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah the biggest problem with that Video is Its On Bloody Video and he posted it on Face Book.

happygu
27th January 2014, 01:17 PM
Difference being this bloke is going over the same mud patch/bog hole over and over again un-necessarily tearing the crap out of it. It's not like he is stuck. Hes intentionally hitting the deeper mud parts.
It's all in the name of fun. Completely understandable. Trouble is, he made it worse by making his video completely public and then shared it ( and then removed) across a few 4x4 FB pages showing off. Now it's out there on the interwebs forever.
No need to mention how much ammo this sort of stuff is giving the greenies and relevant authorities to shut more tracks down.
Just my 2c.

Hodge,

I do have to agree it is unnecessary.....was just trying to be the neutral talk show host...;)

However, i also find it unneccessary for someone to plow through a boghole that 4 of your mates havent made it through, when there is a track around it, but some would also say that it is their right to have a go.... and I have seen plenty of videos of this too...

It is definitely a fine line between fun and track vandalism.

I have been up many tracks with the remains of giant wheel ruts, in an otherwise good track, where you can see that the track has dried out with perfectly formed 8 inch deep wheel tracks and you wonder what idiot caused them.

Mic

Clunk
27th January 2014, 01:22 PM
link doesnt work for me, oh well

growler2058
27th January 2014, 01:29 PM

Same no workies

happygu
27th January 2014, 01:32 PM

Same no workies

You guys need better PC's .....

Clunk
27th January 2014, 01:38 PM
You guys need better PC's .....

tried laptop, phone and tablet........ absolutely nadda

04OFF
27th January 2014, 01:39 PM
Yeah the biggest problem with that Video is Its On Bloody Video and he posted it on Face Book.

Did the driver post it, or someone else ?

I suspect the some else ?, so who is to blame ?, I think the only logical solution is Failbook should be removed from the internet altogether, then we would not have these sort of problems and threads.......easy.... ;) (haha)

Ben-e-boy
27th January 2014, 02:01 PM
Did the driver post it, or someone else ?

I suspect the some else ?, so who is to blame ?, I think the only logical solution is Failbook should be removed from the internet altogether, then we would not have these sort of problems and threads.......easy.... ;) (haha)

Then how will people get on their high horse

Avo
27th January 2014, 02:07 PM
Then how will people get on their high horse

I thought that what forums were for...people who don't like facebook,

threedogs
27th January 2014, 02:30 PM
yeah I'm the only one it worked for.
Not the best advert for the 4x4 movement.
FYI I gave up doing bog holes years ago you tend to do that if your pride and joy is your only means of transport