PDA

View Full Version : banning of bullbars by federal government

nomads
30th January 2011, 01:26 PM
The most important modification you can make to your 4WD is a bull bar. Not only does it allow you to run a winch, lights and gives you a mounting place for your UHF aerial, most importantly it protects your vehicle and the people inside it against animal strikes. Hidden under the disguise of pedestrian safety, a minority group wants bull bars banned, and what’s worse is that the government agrees with them. They want European regulations brought into Australia, and if these regulations (GTR9) are brought in, the aftermarket industry will not be able to make bull bars or even nudge bars comply. Bull bars will be banned. Commonsense (lacking in many government decisions lately) tells us that European regulations don’t have any place in Australia and won’t work. Our road conditions are very different. Animal strikes are a very common occurrence in Australia. Their spin is that this will only affect new vehicles. However, we know this will eventually mean the ban of all bullbars. 4WD touring in Australia will end. You are probably thinking adopting these regulations is so crazy and absurd that banning bull bars could never happen. Believe me, this is very real and is happening now. This will affect every 4WD owner. Here’s how you can stop this:
Please visit www.4wdaction.com.au
now to submit your protest. It will take under a minute and could potentially save 4WD touring in this country. The government only listens to one thing – how many votes they stand to lose. With the 4WD community standing together on this, they stand to lose many votes. We need to make a difference, take action and let commonsense prevail. We NEED your response and we need you to take action today. Together we can stop this unAustralian nonsense.
WE VOTED THESE IDIOTS IN SO WE CAN VOTE THEM OUT
SO PLEASE MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT VISIT THIS SITE

Sir Roofy
30th January 2011, 01:30 PM
If you look back thru the threads you will see most have done this one

roofy

nowoolies
30th January 2011, 01:46 PM
g`day Nomads
i cant get the link to work
im all for bull bars mine ,saved my bacon

YNOT
30th January 2011, 01:50 PM
Try the link in this thread; http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2224-Bull-Bars-at-risk

Tony

nowoolies
30th January 2011, 01:53 PM
g`day roofy
found the tread and added my two bobs worth
nowoolies