PDA

View Full Version : farm animals ON THE ROAD!!

nowoolies
30th January 2011, 01:14 PM
would like to mention to the club about farm animals on the road
and in my case colliding with one,
a cow to be exact, so far it has caused $27,500.00 worth of damage to my DX Patrol ,insurance would not right it off because its got too many extras (ex telstra)
it has cost me just a tad over $200,000 in medical expensives and lost wages ,
so far ive had 3 ops on my shoulders, seat belt broke my right shoulder tore the rotator cup out , then the seat belt broke and i hit the left hand side of the steering wheel with my left shoulder tearing the joint and liguments broke my nose and right wrist, the doc worked that out.
i have been off work for 14 months now and the doc tells me i wont be doing my job anymore,not happy with that.
my point apart from having a bitch, is if you are unlucky enough to hit a farm animal
...............GET THE EAR TAG !!!!!!!
because you have no personal insurance what so ever ,your vehicle insurance will cover the car but not you (NO MVIT AT ALL) no other vehicle involved.!
the ear tag is always registered and you can find the owner of the animal ,
then a long drawn out run with a lawyer, i still got a couple of years to go with my claim on the owners insurance .
the doc says anything smaller than my ...DX PATROL ...i would not be here to have a bitch.
it was night time and i was doing just on 100klm when it hit the cow ,spots on, hi beam, very dark brown cow, dont know how but i did not see the animal.
the PATROL IS NOW FINE for those who are concerned about the truck hahahahah

YNOT
30th January 2011, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the advice.
The last 14 months must have been hell for you.

Tony

Sir Roofy
30th January 2011, 01:26 PM
Good advice on the ear tag,sorry to hear about your lot, hope the future is looking ok for you

roofy

nowoolies
30th January 2011, 01:42 PM
slowly getting there doing up the new bus so when im fit enough ....................im outta here. 4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4ing

Maxhead
30th January 2011, 02:18 PM
Good advice on the ear tag but I'd rather try and avoid them in the first place....
As Tony said the last 14 month would have been tough...hope your back in the truck and enjoying yourself soon

MQ MAD
30th January 2011, 02:32 PM
Its great this gets a mention
But unfortunately there are owners of livestock who dont tag and are aware that there livestock wonder onto the roadways
Myself i hit a cow headon a few years ago,car was a mess but thank the heavens myself and the minister survived unscared

The land owner of the straying livestock is well aware of the livestock wandering has been fined numerous times from the local council
But as the owner is a millionaire it falls on deaf ears
So any Brisbaniets travelling out west of Kilcoy be aware
From Kilcoy all the way to the Esk turn off
The road laws regarding straying wildlife are different in various states
QLD and NT you are responsible IF you hit the livestock (Under common law)
It is NOT the owners responsibility,acording the letter of the law in these 2 states

Finly Owner
1st February 2011, 12:10 AM
nowoolies glad you r healing, what was your job?

Tim

patch697
1st February 2011, 12:23 AM
Mate what a read........

So glad your still with us although I cant imagine what its taken to get you back to this point.

Bloody hell im still in shock.

Best wishes on the rest of your recovery & you have plenty of good ppl here to chat to if you need the company of those with a common interest mate.

Best Regards
Paul

nowoolies
1st February 2011, 01:43 AM
Hi Tim
bores, pumps and reticulation, my son runs that side of things now ,i just sit in front of this beast computor looking at stuff to put on the new bus, with the wife standing over me saying .................NO!!! you cant have this, and NO!!! you cant have that,hahahahahahaah. mind you she is looking forward to going away, about two months we are i hope going to Coral bay and then to Exmouth , going to live on the beach for a week, nice easy driving up there the sand is reasonabley firm should be good cheers mate
Paul

nowoolies
1st February 2011, 01:51 AM
g`day Paul

im finding this site full of people fanflammintastic i have read a fair bit on the site now and enjoy every moment, good reads ,bloody good ideas ,great photos.

i cant wait to get back 4x4ing i have two Nissans and cant drive either, the doc says easy easy, and the missus say ......NO!!!!HAHAHAHA not long now and its 4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x x4ing
cheers mate
Paul

patch697
1st February 2011, 01:56 AM
g`day Paul

im finding this site full of people fanflammintastic i have read a fair bit on the site now and enjoy every moment, good reads ,bloody good ideas ,great photos.

i cant wait to get back 4x4ing i have two Nissans and cant drive either, the doc says easy easy, and the missus say ......NO!!!!HAHAHAHA not long now and its 4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x4x x4ing
cheers mate
Paul

Good luck with it all mate, I really do wish all the best & don't forget to take plenty of pics to post up in your COMPULSORY trip report when you get back.....lololol

nowoolies
1st February 2011, 02:53 AM
without a doubt pics should be aplenty !!!!!
im very good with the camera showing my finger here on hols and my finger there on hols , i seem to always have my bloody finger in the way,
and not in the rude way either, i just cant help it hahahahaahha.

Bigrig
1st February 2011, 01:56 PM
g`day Paul

cheers mate
Paul

Good stuff champion!! Thanks for the thread and all the best for being back in the flight deck ASAP!!!!

Woof
1st February 2011, 06:52 PM
Hang in there mate, sounds like you are getting closer to getting back off road.