PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Coffs Harbour - New Poll

PMC
22nd January 2014, 05:24 PM
G'day folks,

I have been approached several times over the last couple of months that it would be great if the forum had a national meet-up in the Coffs Harbour region.

At present, i have started a thread regarding a possible trip to Cape York in 2015, however, if people are more suited to a Coffs Harbour scenario than so be it. My wife as advise me she would personally like to go back to Cape York in a couple of years time, when our younger fellow will be around 3/4 age group.

I have a lot of contacts in the Coffs Harbour area and would be more than happy to put a trip together for the forum members and their families.

So question time:

Which trip would you rather do in 2015? Cape York or Coffs Harbour!

PS, MudRunner (Darren) could you please do one of your fancy polls for this mate!

Kind regards,

RLI

GU CAMPER
22nd January 2014, 05:38 PM
I personally think a meet around Coffs Harbour area would be a great idea. Even if it another time

MudRunnerTD
22nd January 2014, 05:38 PM
G'day folks,

I have been approached several times over the last couple of months that it would be great if the forum had a national meet-up in the Coffs Harbour region.

At present, i have started a thread regarding a possible trip to Cape York in 2015, however, if people are more suited to a Coffs Harbour scenario than so be it. My wife as advise me she would personally like to go back to Cape York in a couple of years time, when our younger fellow will be around 3/4 age group.

I have a lot of contacts in the Coffs Harbour area and would be more than happy to put a trip together for the forum members and their families.

So question time:

PS, MudRunner (Darren) could you please do one of your fancy polls for this mate!

Kind regards,

RLI

There ya go mate! is that what you meant?

Fo me Coffs is probably more achievable this time. The tip might be another couple of years away for me still.

AB
22nd January 2014, 06:14 PM
I would be keen and my family would be very keen on this Paul.

I can't 100% lock it in but if something drastic doesn't happen I'm in!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Winnie
22nd January 2014, 06:43 PM
I couldn't do the Cape but Coffs is much more feasible for me.

threedogs
22nd January 2014, 06:49 PM
I'm easy for both trips but as I need to inform 2 mates I'd prefer Cape York at this stage
juggling time off for the other two is the hassle

jack
22nd January 2014, 07:17 PM
Coffs for me, I know a nice place to say up that way. And the owner is reasonably hospitable and cooks a mean meal.

PMC
22nd January 2014, 07:25 PM
Coffs for me, I know a nice place to say up that way. And the owner is reasonably hospitable and cooks a mean meal.

G'day Jack,

Its not that little fat prick that lives out Woolgoolga way? lol

Regards,

Paul

Sonterr
22nd January 2014, 09:42 PM
Coffs sounds like a nice little drive down for me.

AB
23rd January 2014, 07:33 AM
Yay, I'm the first XXXX vote....LMAO

PMC
23rd January 2014, 11:12 AM
G'day folks,

By the responses so far it looks like Coffs Harbour would be more preferable to everyone so far. The next question to be asked is;

How many weeks do you want to be in Coffs Harbour for 1, 2 or three weeks? There is that much to see and do around Coffs Harbour area you would need a minimum of 2 weeks.

You need to spend time at Grafton Gorge, Nymboida Canoe Centre, Pebbly beach, Platypus Flats and Wooli just to name a few spots. These locations will act as our base so that we can then head of to play around the various tracks and waterholes in those locations. ie, Friday creek, the Promised Land and the Never Never Creek swim holes, scenic trails like the rover and morbid trails, visit the "keyman" statue in the Yuraygir national park, visit the Coffs Harbour old god mine areas and for those that want some serious 4wding we will do the "Broken" track, "Dump", "Impossibles", "Rocky" and finally "Perseverance track".

I also for got to mention about the fantastic, bushing walking, Canoeing,fishing & diving, mountain bike riding, safe swimming and sand dune sliding.

Darren if possible could you do another of your fancy polls addressing how many weeks people would prefer for there adventure and what time of the year beat suits everone, ie September/ October brilliant time of the year also allows those with children to access to September school holiday period.

Regards,

RLI

rkinsey
23rd January 2014, 11:38 AM
G'day folks,

By the responses so far it looks like Coffs Harbour would be more preferable to everyone so far. The next question to be asked is;

How many weeks do you want to be in Coffs Harbour for 1, 2 or three weeks? There is that much to see and do around Coffs Harbour area you would need a minimum of 2 weeks.

You need to spend time at Grafton Gorge, Nymboida Canoe Centre, Pebbly beach, Platypus Flats and Wooli just to name a few spots. These locations will act as our base so that we can then head of to play around the various tracks and waterholes in those locations. ie, Friday creek, the Promised Land and the Never Never Creek swim holes, scenic trails like the rover and morbid trails, visit the "keyman" statue in the Yuraygir national park, visit the Coffs Harbour old god mine areas and for those that want some serious 4wding we will do the "Broken" track, "Dump", "Impossibles", "Rocky" and finally "Perseverance track".

I also for got to mention about the fantastic, bushing walking, Canoeing,fishing & diving, mountain bike riding, safe swimming and sand dune sliding.

Darren if possible could you do another of your fancy polls addressing how many weeks people would prefer for there adventure and what time of the year beat suits everone, ie September/ October brilliant time of the year also allows those with children to access to September school holiday period.

Regards,

RLI

10 days would be just about right I reckon RLI. That gives everyone 2 weeks off work which is achievable and time to get to and from Coffs.

For me, I would love to come along. It will be good to return home after such a long time. When I was at school we first lived next door to the golf course before moving to Central Bucca on Mardells Road. We had the old school house block from the gold rush days. Absolutely top spot to live.

There are a few day trips to take the family on sight seeing tours (maybe we could get a few volunteers to run them..... Im in) and there are some great 4WDing to be had in Orara State Forest, Boambee State Forrest, Nana Glen even up to Bruxner Park lookout there are some nice spots to play.

Cheers,

Rob

AB
23rd January 2014, 01:20 PM
Good to go now Dazz....Poll removed.

MudRunnerTD
23rd January 2014, 02:51 PM
New Poll Up!

trekster
23rd January 2014, 05:13 PM
Don't know if I can make it to Coffs, it's a little too far for me to travel.....

PMC
23rd January 2014, 06:10 PM
Don't know if I can make it to Coffs, it's a little too far for me to travel.....

There's always a peanut in every gallery. lol

PS, you have just bought acreage, plenty of room for free camping, trail bike riding, 4wding. lol

Regards,

RLI

ova50
23rd January 2014, 06:19 PM
Both would be keen.

AB
23rd January 2014, 06:51 PM

PS, you have just bought acreage, plenty of room for free camping, trail bike riding, 4wding. lol

Regards,

RLI

That's very generous of him isn't Paul...lol

Ben-e-boy
23rd January 2014, 07:30 PM
G'day folks,

So question time:

Kind regards,

RLI

I should be able to make down before then, I have been want to wheel in that area for years,

I couldn't do the Cape but Coffs is much more feasible for me.

Another 3 hours north and you are in Qld

trekster
23rd January 2014, 07:38 PM

Correct on both accounts!

If some people wish to camp/ bring a van w/e, we are in the process of acquiring just under 1.4 acres of land :) So I'm sure we can entertain some people at our place, Only thing would be that you would need to bring your own water as we will be on tank water....

Of course I cant let anyone with a GQ in, but GU's I'm more then happy to entertain lololololo

ps Paul are you out of hospital yet?

Cheers,
Eric.

Warwick89
23rd January 2014, 07:41 PM
I would of done either, will be good to meet some members

Sonterr
23rd January 2014, 07:53 PM
2 weeks sounds good for me at any time of year, so long as I don't have any conflicting uni assessment due at same time.

rkinsey
23rd January 2014, 08:01 PM
Another 3 hours north and you are in Qld

Then its just another 2 days to Cairns and then another 3 days to the tip... should be easy as......lol

macca
23rd January 2014, 08:01 PM
2 & 1/2 hours drive from here, while a few of you need 2 weeks a week for me might be passed by the keeper of the visa stamp
She is talking of a 4 - 6 week trip in 15 so I might be asking too much :(

nissannewby
23rd January 2014, 08:56 PM
I am always up for a trip. (Time permitting). 2 weeks would be lovely I think I will stay at the place Apollo fish suggested :p. I am super keen to do the cape though come on lotto pay up :). I'll also be down that one in the very near future mate need to get away for a weekend :).

trekster
23rd January 2014, 09:16 PM
I'll also be down that one in the very near future mate need to get away for a weekend :).

Excellent! I'm sure we can find some things for our cars to be fixed hahahaha

PMC
24th January 2014, 01:57 PM
2 weeks sounds good for me at any time of year, so long as I don't have any conflicting uni assessment due at same time.

G'day mate,

Bring ya uni work with you, we will help you with your homework!

Regards,

RLI

PMC
24th January 2014, 01:59 PM
I am always up for a trip. (Time permitting). 2 weeks would be lovely I think I will stay at the place Apollo fish suggested :p. I am super keen to do the cape though come on lotto pay up :). I'll also be down that one in the very near future mate need to get away for a weekend :).

G'day nissannewby,

Both you and Sheree are already booked into RLI's hilton. lol

regards,

Paul

jack
24th January 2014, 02:06 PM
Both you and Sheree are already booked into RLI's hilton. lol

What! I have to share?

nissannewby
24th January 2014, 04:19 PM
What! I have to share?

Nuh Paul told me he is giving the master bedroom to you mate :p