PDA

View Full Version : Tibooburra has ran out of water

zucan
22nd January 2014, 02:17 PM
Hi there now the heat has left us for few days i know some of you will be heading out towards Broken Hill and onwards i see so many come through Broken Hill heading of into the great Australian outback.

so the situation is the towns dam is dry we have no serious rain for some time and Tibooburra has ran out of water and the towns locals are relying on water being carted in to tanks and then it is sent into town

So the reason for this post is to asked any one heading out that way to carry a little extra I know some sort of use the place as the last stop to top up fuel and water before heading into Birdsville and places

not too sure how long before they will have to rely in carting water but it will take a lot of rain to fill the towns dam and that will not be for some time

funny thing is WA is getting so much water and in some cases way to much rain

so thanks for reading this and enjoy your travels if you do get up this way there are so many fantastic photo opportunities from dry barren earth to lots of wild life eagals and emus well worth a trip

zucan
22nd January 2014, 02:28 PM

ok this is what the road from Mildura to Broken Hill is like lots of emu and wild life but so dry

threedogs
22nd January 2014, 02:51 PM
I remember last time I was in Tibooburra every power pole on the hwy had a roo or some kind of wildlife hiding from the sun.
Stopped in at the general store and who run it but two Victorians from Geelong, Happened again in Darwin struggled to the front of the line at the Vic hotel
and ran into a bloke from my pub back home, {brick makers arms}, Loved it up that way, got trapped at the corner store but eventually got to Innaminka,
then some fishing on the Cullamurra waterhole, Great part of the planet that's for sure

zucan
22nd January 2014, 03:54 PM
yes i know what you mean I went to royal Adelaide hospital few weeks re some back problems three people sitting next to me in the waiting room were from Broken Hill and a few others in the room where from Broken Hill as well girl asked me if there was any one left in town and I got lost and first person I asked was for directions was from a property just out of Tibooburra lol