PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Family4x4
22nd January 2014, 10:12 AM
Hi

I have just inherited a 89 GQ LWB 4.2 Diesel, from the mother in law!! Yes my mother in law she has just bought a new broom and no longer requires the Patrol. All jokes aside she is a lovely lady and has another Patrol for her farm.

It is stock has been well maintained towed the odd horse float and been driven well. We haven't picked the car up yet as it is in Gippsland and we are in central Victoria.

My Wife and two young children are sure it will make a great addition to our family, my son (4 yr old) is already excited by a truck we can drive in the mud and through rivers. It will also be great to own a real 4wd as opposed to our soft off roader (Adventra).

It has been many years since i have owned a 4wd before i had met my wife i had a SWB TD Pajero. Which was quite capable if it was driven like a 2 stroke but not really in the same class as a 4.2 diesel GQ.

The first mod will be a turbo most likely a R34 NEO (still unsure to go high or low mount?) unless more experienced people have better suggestions. I will fit this myself with a top mount inter cooler.

Followed by a 2" body and 2" inch suspension lift.

Deck out the interior draws, roof console etc.

I'm sure this car will provide our family years of fun exploring our great country.

Glad to be here. It seems like a great community and an invaluable resource.

See you on the road!

NewDan
22nd January 2014, 10:19 AM
Welcome to the forum, a great place to be with so much information and fantastic people, everything you could want or need just a few key strokes away.... enjoy.
Dan

Bob
22nd January 2014, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the Forum Mate.
Hope you have many years enjoyment out of your new Patrol

threedogs
22nd January 2014, 10:33 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy

Stropp
22nd January 2014, 12:42 PM
welcome along mate, wish i could inherit a 4.2 patrol.

Avo
22nd January 2014, 12:43 PM
welcome mate,great info and advice to be found here,hope you enjoy your stay.

AB
22nd January 2014, 12:45 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

growler2058
22nd January 2014, 01:22 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard. What a brilliant score

MEGOMONSTER
22nd January 2014, 03:08 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Rossco James
22nd January 2014, 04:38 PM
Welcome mate were are in the same boat

avona
22nd January 2014, 05:53 PM
Welcome mate! I see so much enthusiasts of Patrol here!

Dhuck
22nd January 2014, 06:49 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Gecko17
23rd January 2014, 10:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate. A lot of great family adventures to be had in a patrol. Congrats on the mother-in-law and the patrol. Both sound great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

my third 256
24th January 2014, 06:49 AM
welcome to the world of patrolling

Panda.S
24th January 2014, 09:12 AM
Hi and welcome. As a newby this site is great. Enjoy!