PDA

View Full Version : This doesn't suprise me one little bit, I'm sure they had a good reason :(

NissanGQ4.2
21st January 2014, 09:41 PM
Came across this on face ache

Start watching from the 45sec mark

www.youtube.com/watch?v=olC9CG3XWCo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olC9CG3XWCo&feature=player_embedded

Clunk
21st January 2014, 09:53 PM
That's just absolute bullshite, look at all the damage caused....... Speechless

MudRunnerTD
21st January 2014, 09:54 PM
Yeah wow!! Is this in NSW? You should send it to the 4wd Association in that state if they have not already,,

lhurley
21st January 2014, 09:55 PM
Bloody greenies. That's all I have to say to that.

NissanGQ4.2
21st January 2014, 10:00 PM
Yeah wow!! Is this in NSW? You should send it to the 4wd Association in that state if they have not already,,

Yeh Daz, Bulahdelah, NSW , not that far past Stockton Beach probable an hr drive from Newcastle

NP99
21st January 2014, 10:22 PM
We own that land as citizens of the country, how dare they do that, yet again the minority control the majority!

MEGOMONSTER
21st January 2014, 11:02 PM
Dark I would be devastated if I drove there and seen that after I'd been there only a few weeks back.
Just atrocious, surely more damage done by whoever it was.

james008
21st January 2014, 11:13 PM
Push live trees down over the track.
Yeah, that's a great way to stop the huge amount of environmental damage on a clear track.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd January 2014, 06:11 AM
We own that land as citizens of the country, how dare they do that, yet again the minority control the majority!

That's the funniest thing I've heard. You don't really own the house you have just work ur a!se off for 2 pay the morgage off, if government wants it the government will take it.

I would bet as soon as they start running out of land close 2 built up areas our National Parks will slowly but surly get sold of and sub decided

BigRAWesty
22nd January 2014, 06:26 AM
That's the funniest thing I've heard. You don't really own the house you have just work ur a!se off for 2 pay the morgage off, if government wants it the government will take it.

I would bet as soon as they start running out of land close 2 built up areas our National Parks will slowly but surly get sold of and sub decided

Look at Asia. Already happening.
Big battle going on atm on yorke peninsula for a mineral mine which will rival roxby for output, nut Its located on some of the finest farming and scenic land around.
Imo Its a fight already lost. Sa Gruberment need the cash. So they'll approve it but make it worth while for em. Out previous gruberment screwed the state by bending over for the mining industry..

threedogs
22nd January 2014, 06:33 AM
If greenies did that report them what a pack of wackers, I'd be sending footage to the 4wd officials in that state.
Any excuse and I mean any and all tracks will be close faster than you can click your fingers.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd January 2014, 06:58 AM
Look at Asia. Already happening.
Big battle going on atm on yorke peninsula for a mineral mine which will rival roxby for output, nut Its located on some of the finest farming and scenic land around.
Imo Its a fight already lost. Sa Gruberment need the cash. So they'll approve it but make it worth while for em. Out previous gruberment screwed the state by bending over for the mining industry..

Don't know if you have heard of the Sydney International Regatta Centre which is located in Penrith, '( 25 min drive from me ). It is a sports and recreation park which is set on 178 hectares of native and landscaped parkland. This originally was very beautiful farmland but was bought up and turned into a quarry. I'm pretty sure part of the agreement with the government was they could quarry it as long as the turned it into something the community could use when they had finished. I think I have some pics somewhere of it when it was stall farm land I'll have a look today and see if I can find them

liftlid
22nd January 2014, 07:10 AM
I would be interesting to see if that was done by dozer, same thing has happened in it way and parks into trouble, needs to be sent to 4x4 association if on public land.

BigRAWesty
22nd January 2014, 09:01 AM
Don't know if you have heard of the Sydney International Regatta Centre which is located in Penrith, '( 25 min drive from me ). It is a sports and recreation park which is set on 178 hectares of native and landscaped parkland. This originally was very beautiful farmland but was bought up and turned into a quarry. I'm pretty sure part of the agreement with the government was they could quarry it as long as the turned it into something the community could use when they had finished. I think I have some pics somewhere of it when it was stall farm land I'll have a look today and see if I can find them

Yea aluka have the same sorta contract with the gruberment..
And I'll admit they do finish it Off ok..
But they are stripping the land of the minerals. Not so much of an issue where is desert, but prime farming land will never be the same..

Gecko17
22nd January 2014, 02:14 PM
Is a bit hypocritical of the greenies if the have chopped down trees to close that track...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bush Ranger
22nd January 2014, 02:43 PM
There`ll be a reason for the action no doubt.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd January 2014, 02:55 PM
I do not know exactly where this track closure is but would have a guess that its within Myall River state forest so would be managed by the Forestry Corporation of NSW. I have yet 2 find any info on there website on the track closure.

MudRunnerTD
22nd January 2014, 03:08 PM
I would be interesting to see if that was done by dozer, same thing has happened in it way and parks into trouble, needs to be sent to 4x4 association if on public land.

hey Gary,

I have sent that Vid to Wayne Hevy from the Vic Association and also to Simon Christie.

That is Not the work of Greenies, Thats done by the management authority of that park for sure. Greenies dont generally turn up in a D9 ;) DSE or Parks NSW. a Disgrace.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd January 2014, 03:12 PM
hey Gary,

I have sent that Vid to Wayne Hevy from the Vic Association and also to Simon Christie.

That is Not the work of Greenies, Thats done by the management authority of that park for sure. Greenies dont generally turn up in a D9 ;) DSE or Parks NSW. a Disgrace.

Daz I have also posted it on the Forestry Corporation of NSW https://www.facebook.com/forestplayground facebook page to see what they have 2 say about it, tried to send you a link to my post but can't work out how to share it.

You should be able to see it in recent posts by others

liftlid
22nd January 2014, 03:21 PM
hey Gary,

I didn't think it would be greenies,
Looks just like the fire tower track!

liftlid
22nd January 2014, 03:33 PM
It would be great to see the forum spend a bit of time on track access issues.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd January 2014, 03:46 PM
It would be great to see the forum spend a bit of time on track access issues.

Gary can you you start with the Blue Mountains please

liftlid
22nd January 2014, 03:57 PM
Gary can you you start with the Blue Mountains please

Why are they so unhappy ?

NissanGQ4.2
22nd January 2014, 04:09 PM

We have lots of National Parks but very few tracks though. There is still a fair few tracks up towards Lithgow but everything closer to Sydney ( Lower Blue Mountains ) was gated off years and years ago except a few dirt roads in the NP that a 2wd could do :( Maybe I am just a whinger and don't see why I should travel 2+ hours just to drive a track when there is plenty around here that could be driven.

MudRunnerTD
22nd January 2014, 04:22 PM
I didn't think it would be greenies,
Looks just like the fire tower track!

yeah i agree although they planted that out too.

Yeah my comment on the Greenies was reference to other comments above.

MudRunnerTD
22nd January 2014, 04:24 PM
We have lots of National Parks but very few tracks though. There is still a fair few tracks up towards Lithgow but everything closer to Sydney ( Lower Blue Mountains ) was gated off years and years ago except a few dirt roads in the NP that a 2wd could do :( Maybe I am just a whinger and don't see why I should travel 2+ hours just to drive a track when there is plenty around here that could be driven.

The Otways is the same Toddie, the trip we did a couple of weeks ago for RLI was teh first time i have bothered to go there for about 5 years, its just Shut mate.

threedogs
22nd January 2014, 04:28 PM
and they will continue to close tracks for the slightest infringement that's why you need to drive properly off road and give them nothing to beef about.
I know of a few here who think its ok to drop a donut here and there if that's their idea of good driving I need to be re educated,

jack
22nd January 2014, 04:30 PM
Some may have missed it I think.

liftlid
22nd January 2014, 04:47 PM
and they will continue to close tracks for the slightest infringement that's why you need to drive properly off road and give them nothing to beef about.
I know of a few here who think its ok to drop a donut here and there if that's their idea of good driving I need to be re educated,

You can't go. 4x4ing without giving them something to beef about cause they just don't want us there.

NissanGQ4.2
22nd January 2014, 04:57 PM
The Otways is the same Toddie, the trip we did a couple of weeks ago for RLI was teh first time i have bothered to go there for about 5 years, its just Shut mate.

Shame, I think some of our track closures have 2 do with bush walkers and mountain bike riders kicking up a stink not wanted four wheel drives or dirt bikes riders in there. I can understand a bush walker or mountain bike rider doesn't want to be run over by a four wheel drive or dirt bike rider but t there needs to be a balance of some sort. I would love 2 see a recreational park set up within an hrs drive from here. Not that its likely to ever happen :(

liftlid
22nd January 2014, 04:58 PM
Some may have missed it I think.

Here I am giving them an opportunity for a dad joke and they go all serious and ignore me!!!!!!!!!!

janderson
22nd January 2014, 05:10 PM
Its the Parks people who are the real Environmental Vandals

MudRunnerTD
22nd January 2014, 05:21 PM
Here I am giving them an opportunity for a dad joke and they go all serious and ignore me!!!!!!!!!!

swooooosh! Missed it! Still! lol

liftlid
22nd January 2014, 05:31 PM
swooooosh! Missed it! Still! lol

Good on ya Tarzan !

threedogs
22nd January 2014, 05:32 PM
any one here from Vic go to the Bacchus Marsh rally a few years ago

liftlid
22nd January 2014, 05:34 PM
any one here from Vic go to the Bacchus Marsh rally a few years ago

About 500 of us went to dales ford when they wanted to make wombat bushwalking only

threedogs
22nd January 2014, 06:10 PM
That's right Daylesford when about 5000 4x4ers rocked up expecting a clash with the bus load of Greenies but it never eventuated'
Might have seen me walking around will my Dobeman Jack was only a pup then,,,,, they {greenies} never got their way

liftlid
23rd January 2014, 08:56 AM
That's right Daylesford when about 5000 4x4ers rocked up expecting a clash with the bus load of Greenies but it never eventuated'
Might have seen me walking around will my Dobeman Jack was only a pup then,,,,, they {greenies} never got their way

Unfortunately they are a sneaky lot and have the patience to chip away slowly until we get tired of continuously fighting them and they get their way.

Avo
23rd January 2014, 09:06 AM
What I don't like about this sort of sh!t and it happens everywhere,when there is a fire a lot these tracks that were kept open are no longer accessable..How handy would that track be to a firefighting unit..We have the same over here.the federal government won't hand the parks people enough money to keep a certain track maintained so they close it,we'll bugger me dead these drop kicks from their office don't realise that that track has the potential to service a lot of trucks when in dire need...

threedogs
23rd January 2014, 12:07 PM
Don't you have 4x4 clubs/body that will adopt a track and maintain it like some clubs here do

Avo
23rd January 2014, 12:47 PM
Don't you have 4x4 clubs/body that will adopt a track and maintain it like some clubs here do

yep we do but,but ya can't get where they won't let ya

P4trol
23rd January 2014, 01:46 PM
I see this occasionally where one tree has been deliberately dropped over a track. Usually by someone that thinks they have sole use and doesn't want people driving past. Not a whole track though. Usually I take the opposing view and clear the track for them.

Seems there would have been a few vehicles in that video. In the absence of a track closed notification and signage I would have liked to hand clear the branches and taken a shovel to the dirt mounds.

liftlid
28th January 2014, 07:48 AM
Check out the time frame for the burn?
How can they think its responsible to warn 15 months in advance!!!!!!
4 weeks should be ample.
Image driving through this area and seeing smoke? Is it a burn or a bushfire?