PDA

View Full Version : Gold Fishing Spot on the Doorstep!

AB
29th January 2011, 09:43 PM
Just got back from a BBQ at a mates house and there is a dam about 200m away from his house.

He mentioned that his uncle threw some bass in there about 5 years ago so we decided to go down and have a fish to see if they were still there.

Without a word of a lie we caught 4 good sized bass on 6 casts.

We collected up about 10, threw 8 back in about 10 minutes.

We just took a video of one to show other people who didnt believe the story and thought I would show you guys.

We struck GOLD and its only 2 minutes away from my house...lol

And no, thats not me using the rod who looks like Gilligan off Gilligans Island...lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MekO3OhZZ0I

Finly Owner
29th January 2011, 10:20 PM
Was that scube tank bubbles I saw, loading the hook maybe?

ROFLMFAO!

AB
29th January 2011, 10:21 PM
Forgot to mention, one idiot who was there started to ring every friend in town about the spot. What an idiot, I won't be suprised if every man and his dog turns up there next week and the dam gets milked!!!

Should have kept this a secret for a few people only!

AB
29th January 2011, 10:21 PM
Was that scube tank bubbles I saw, loading the hook maybe?

ROFLMFAO!

Yeah as Youtube people would say... Fake, Fake...lol

patch697
30th January 2011, 12:40 AM
Forgot to mention, one idiot who was there started to ring every friend in town about the spot. What an idiot, I won't be suprised if every man and his dog turns up there next week and the dam gets milked!!!

Should have kept this a secret for a few people only!

Thats a bloody crying shame, I hope this don't happen so it can be enjoyed by a select few.

Is the dam on privet property???????????

AB
30th January 2011, 07:32 AM
Thats a bloody crying shame, I hope this don't happen so it can be enjoyed by a select few.

Is the dam on privet property???????????

It's private property but the owner of this property is very well known by the locals. It's one of the major dams in the area.

It's also right beside the main road and people could easily jump the fence and not be seen by anyone.

wildgu6
30th January 2011, 10:57 PM
Nice one Gilligan...
No sticks, leaves and logs mate to cook them, you only need 17 leaves to get a fire crackin......lmao

Nah seriously though Andy, Good work mate, hope you enjoyed the eat as much as the catch. Well done buddy
Kind of place you want to keep too yourself and a few drunk mates.

Cheers Pete