PDA

View Full Version : Removing LONG RANGE fuel tank

MUDD.PIG
20th January 2014, 07:48 PM
Hi I'm all new to this I own a ford maverick but it's really a GQ just different badges anyways I need help removing my long range fuel tank so I can replace my other support arm to the re-enforced bar.

MEGOMONSTER
20th January 2014, 08:00 PM
Hi I'm all new to this I own a ford maverick but it's really a GQ just different badges anyways I need help removing my long range fuel tank so I can replace my other support arm to the re-enforced bar.

Shoot across to the intro section first mate and put up an introduction of yourself and your car.

Bloodyaussie
20th January 2014, 08:01 PM
Head over to the intro section and say g'day before posting mate...

As for the tank you dont need to remove it but get yourself another from a wreckers and cut the old one out.. then slightly shorten the new bolt and install it the other way.

MUDD.PIG
20th January 2014, 11:28 PM
Sorry fellas i have now And thanks for the correction,
So I should just cut the old one out and then buy another long range tank after?

MudRunnerTD
20th January 2014, 11:34 PM
Sorry fellas i have now And thanks for the correction,
So I should just cut the old one out and then buy another long range tank after?

No worries mate.

No BA is talking about cutting out the trailing arm if you can't get the bolt out.

Are you trying to fit a HD upper trailing arm? Is the Long range tank the main tank at the back or a lR sub tank under the driver?

Bloodyaussie
21st January 2014, 07:10 AM
If it is the lower control arm you are talking about it is only the bolt that you cut.... and remove then replace but from the other side... I will see if I have 2 min later and take a pic.

Its a simple job and should take you no more than 30min rather than hours stuffing around removing the whole tank, plus this way it now becomes easy to get at or remove in future... dont know why they dont do it when they fit the long range tank in the first place?