PDA

View Full Version : 99 gu rd28 engine run on ( very bad )

ookageoo
19th January 2014, 10:52 PM
hi guys i have a realy bad problem with my gu continuing to run extremely rough after shutting the engine off and pulling the key out.
it starts up and drives and idles like a dream but when you turn it off all hell erupts, smoke starts coming from the exaust and a bad smell arises, the only way to shut it down completely is to put it in gear and let the clutch out.
what could be the cause of this? has anyone had any similar problems?

Things I've tried .
I've tried disconnecting the wire to the fuel stop solenoid while its running on and nothing happens , it doesn't shut down it continues to run , Im under the impression that the solenoid is stuck open because when you cut the power it should close and stop the fuel supply . Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've also ran a separate wire to it incase it was a wiring issue but with no success, what I did is I ran a wire from the solenoid strait to the battery , I had a mate inside the car and when he turned the key on I would connect the wire to the battery and she would start no worries but when I told him to turn it off he would pull the key out and it would start its run on problem and I would disconnect the wire which would cut power to the solenoid and she would sit there still running on and shaking violently until I told him to stall it to shut it down.... Again I'm thinking the solenoid is stuck open.

Any help would be great I've tried on another patrol forum and no one replied to me so I'm hoping the people on this forum are more help :) , I've tried to describe it best I can but feel free to ask qeustions to help diagnose the problem , many thanks in advance.

threedogs
20th January 2014, 07:14 AM
I've heard of this problem before, have you tied a search in the archives as there is heaps of info in there.
Still early here but I'm sure someone will know the fix for you

ookageoo
20th January 2014, 07:19 AM
Yeah I've tried a search , everyone else's problem I found only lasted a couple of seconds but mine happens every time and if I don't stall it it would run on for a few minutes.

ookageoo
20th January 2014, 12:34 PM
Anyone..... Please....

BigRAWesty
20th January 2014, 12:59 PM
I think you've answered your problem already.
Fuel cut off valve.
Change that out and see how you go.

ookageoo
20th January 2014, 06:01 PM
Ok thanks I was just looking for confirmation before I spent money on an unnecessary part.

BigRAWesty
20th January 2014, 06:23 PM
Ok thanks I was just looking for confirmation before I spent money on an unnecessary part.

If your still unsure ask around at a few wreckers. You should be able to find a good second hand one. And they have a little warranty..

ookageoo
20th January 2014, 09:07 PM
I've ordered one from patrolapart $125 should be here on Wednesday , ill put it in and see how I go.

slamnsam
2nd February 2014, 11:14 AM
i have had the same problem before. i would say you have hit the nail on the head