PDA

View Full Version : mud costs money momment

patrol2.8
18th January 2014, 10:00 PM
Went to Blackwood last week hit a bog hole and the following resulted managed to break every blade off the fan weird thing was each blade was stuck in between the radiator and the shroud but not one went through the radiator I was able to drive the car home

AB
18th January 2014, 10:05 PM
Wow, that's 360 degrees of love. Yep I love to hate it too.

Why are the good things in life bad for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

patrol2.8
18th January 2014, 10:12 PM
Wow, that's 360 degrees of love. Yep I love to hate it too.

Why are the good things in life bad for you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app
Not wrong its still costing me decided to go the whole hog and replace the clutch fan water pump and radiator with a new alloy 3 core but now ive got a a snapped bolt in the block with a broken easy out in it and no idea how to get it out tried and tried to drill it but cant get through the easy out

my third 256
19th January 2014, 10:14 AM
Not wrong its still costing me decided to go the whole hog and replace the clutch fan water pump and radiator with a new alloy 3 core but now ive got a a snapped bolt in the block with a broken easy out in it and no idea how to get it out tried and tried to drill it but cant get through the easy out
could try someone like the thread doctor they are mobile and come to you

patrol2.8
19th January 2014, 11:10 AM
could try someone like the thread doctor they are mobile and come to you

Thanks will call him Monday morning he gets a big wrap on the forum sites

patrol2.8
22nd January 2014, 07:34 PM
The thread doctor came out today and sorted the broken bolts of made it look easy downside is I to get 1 of the bolts out had to remove the harmonic balancer and remove the front cover found the following need some options on what I can do other than swear curse throw and kick things already done that

Dales300exc
22nd January 2014, 07:53 PM
It doesnt look like the crank is too damaged. Just buy a new woodruff key. New balancer and carry on

patrol2.8
22nd January 2014, 08:27 PM
It doesnt look like the crank is too damaged. Just buy a new woodruff key. New balancer and carry on
That's what im hoping I can do

Rickie3
23rd January 2014, 08:34 AM
I hope I dont run into the same drama's as you, i'm in the process of removing water pump and balancer :( prick of a job!

threedogs
23rd January 2014, 08:40 AM
Someone just posted a picture of a plastic fan cracked on all blades.
I would think all GQ owners especially check their plastic fan. Even GU
owners as it looks like its a Nissan thing

Have you hit it with a stick, ??

patrol2.8
23rd January 2014, 09:47 AM
I hope I dont run into the same drama's as you, i'm in the process of removing water pump and balancer :( prick of a job!

Good luck keep us posted on how you went

patrol2.8
23rd January 2014, 09:54 AM
Someone just posted a picture of a plastic fan cracked on all blades.
I would think all GQ owners especially check their plastic fan. Even GU
owners as it looks like its a Nissan thing

Have you hit it with a stick, ??

Not sure how its happened blades broke off going through the bog hole pictured didn't hear box thuds car went through it easy I've heard harmonic balancers are prone to this on the 2.8s?

Rickie3
23rd January 2014, 03:13 PM
Good luck keep us posted on how you wentSorry to hijack this thread, well bugger me days, everything went without a hitch for me, helps with the correct tools I have quiet a big collection, the best way to move those super tight water pump bolts is to give them a good tap with a hammer, I then use my cordless rattle gun as it vibrates any corrosion loose, just as i feel them moving I lather with INOX,then I go a char down a dart and cuppa and allow it to penetrate, the suckers fly out, anyway job done big girls ready for action

patrol2.8
23rd January 2014, 04:50 PM
Mate good to hear glad all went well

Dales300exc
23rd January 2014, 11:29 PM
Plastic degrades. Its part of life. Fan blades like any other part are servicable and should be replaced at times.

I 100% guarantee this fan was cracked before the boghole.

patrol2.8
23rd January 2014, 11:55 PM
Plastic degrades. Its part of life. Fan blades like any other part are servicable and should be replaced at times.

I 100% guarantee this fan was cracked before the boghole.

Couldn't agree more fan was the original one stupid thing is didn't hole the radiator but stripping it down the next day just undoing the top bypass hose the plastic outlet snapped off now I've got a nice new alloy 3 core going in

ThomasWatson
24th January 2014, 08:54 AM
Plastic fans are made of pretty good plastic but once the age or something sits on the for a while the go a yellow tinge and then deteriorate we had one on a bmw 5 series and I just touched the fan to spin it to see if all the fins were still there and it disinter grated in my hand

Stropp
24th January 2014, 05:21 PM
the number of patrols running around with cracked fan blades is unbelievable, everyone should check before the break its very common, it was a good outcome for you anyway.