PDA

View Full Version : Why would my life be better with FRIEND FACE??

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2014, 01:19 PM
I dont have an account as I deleted it years ago... all it seemed to be was "Lets talk about me...what do you think about me"

So why would my life be better now if I got an account??

I seem happy enough what is the benefit ??

Seems a bit like a girly thing to do!!!!!

Oh and when all you bone heads were getting up me I was having a meeting with a crash investigator about an accident I witnessed in 2007 so back off!!!

threedogs
18th January 2014, 01:25 PM
Take a pill and lie down, don't want to rush any claims in a hurry do they 2007 till now that's a long time BS big time
that can wreck lives
Face book is for teenage girls IMO and twitter and all the other BS crap they call media networking.
Phone them up FFS and say hello

megatexture
18th January 2014, 01:25 PM
Didn't happen to witness it in the rear view mirror as you planted your foot so to not get caught? . Lol

I totally agree with not having face book its bull $hit , it's all about boasting and being a sticky beak regarding others lives .

I don't care what others are doing lol

Stropp
18th January 2014, 01:27 PM
i use it to keep in contact with my daughter mainly but also family and friends who live interstate.

Maxhead
18th January 2014, 01:29 PM
So why would my life be better now if I got an account??

So you can see all the crap we are posting about you ;)

Clunk
18th January 2014, 01:32 PM
only use it to keep in contact with family and friends back in the UK................. other than that, I wouldnt bother

P4trol
18th January 2014, 01:40 PM
I find it useful to keep up with friends that don't live near me. Writing letters, postcards and phonecalls to a landline seem to have fallen by the wayside. Often people will write on fb stuff they wouldn't think to tell you face to face or at all.

I also like the local buy swap sell pages. Usually named after the town/area you live in, eg black stump buy swap sell. It is the new ebay or supermarket notice board. Best of all, it's free.

Other than that, I try and keep only people that I would speak to as friends, and only if I don't see them from week to week. In some ways people chase friends like a post count. Doesn't matter if you only saw them for 6 months during kindergarten or met them on the dance floor on a night out on the piss. And those friend requests from the busty blonde with 4 friends and no networks... sus

ova50
18th January 2014, 01:45 PM
What the hell is Facebook?

Hodge
18th January 2014, 01:47 PM
I have it, and don't have a single friend added to it. It's not my style of socializing.
I use it to mainly browse different brands and vendors pages like, different 4x4 brands. Just an example superior engineering etc... Now days they post new bits of gear and news on facebook way before it hits their main website. Also most of the time the vendors reply to comments and stuff, kind of like forums.
Also Simon Wright's 4WD TV page is pretty good, he posts new gear and competitions all the time. Good read.

threedogs
18th January 2014, 01:50 PM
@ Clunk why not email ??

Bob
18th January 2014, 01:51 PM
Facebook , Twitter etc is not my Cup of Tea.

The Forum is addictive enough by itself and satisfies my needs

All to their own though

BTW I have just got rid of my Samsung Smart Phone and now only have a phone that makes & receives Calls.
No more checking email etc whilst away from the Office. Bliss

Clunk
18th January 2014, 01:53 PM
@ Clunk why not email ??

I do........ I dont go on fart book very often, when I do, it's just for a quick catch up, instead of phoning or skyping

Maxhead
18th January 2014, 02:06 PM
@ Clunk why not email ??

Email would have to be as useless as writing letters to communicate with someone...

Stropp
18th January 2014, 02:27 PM
yes you find out more about your family and friends on FB than by talking to them :)

taslucas
18th January 2014, 02:30 PM
I was totally against it for years but it's constantly changing.

You make you own experience on there ie; if you "friend" fourteen year old girls that only talk about what they feel like eating then that's what's gonna be on your wall. If you "friend" losers that get into online shit slinging marches then that's what's gonna be on your wall. If you "like" a lot of crap pages then that's what's gonna be on your wall.
If you "like" awesome pages such as "I fcuking love science" or "amazing engineering" that show you mind blowing stuff then that's what's gonna be on your wall. If you join a 4wd group consisting of the cooler Nissanpatrol.com members that hang shit on Jonathan then that is what's gonna be on your wall:-)

Clunk
18th January 2014, 02:33 PM
sounds great!!!!

Sir Roofy
18th January 2014, 03:59 PM
Whats wrong with here np.com.au, you can chat, pm , e/mail find out about stuff and have great trips
we know who wears a man kini and clown shorts and one who wears big girl blouses on accasions
then theres printers and machcanics ,autolects docs and cops ,i reckon we got every breed of employment here
and multicultral on the web

who needs face ache

Alitis007
18th January 2014, 04:18 PM
Just bloody sign up already and stop winging about it!!

Cuppa
18th January 2014, 04:20 PM
I *do* have facebook, but have only ever had it to stay connected with a few family overseas. I have 16 ‘friends’. I don’t like it to be honest, but it does enable me to keep tabs with a few younger relies who I would probably only hear from once or twice a year otherwise. So if ya wanna be my facebook friend ...........stiff biccies!

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2014, 04:22 PM
I was totally against it for years but it's constantly changing.

You make you own experience on there ie; if you "friend" fourteen year old girls that only talk about what they feel like eating then that's what's gonna be on your wall. If you "friend" losers that get into online shit slinging marches then that's what's gonna be on your wall. If you "like" a lot of crap pages then that's what's gonna be on your wall.
If you "like" awesome pages such as "I fcuking love science" or "amazing engineering" that show you mind blowing stuff then that's what's gonna be on your wall. If you join a 4wd group consisting of the cooler Nissanpatrol.com members that hang shit on Jonathan then that is what's gonna be on your wall:-)

Yes FB has come a very very long way. The world has embraced the power of Social Media and joining FB now will be a far more beneficial experience than even 3 years ago.

Most companies now have a presence on FB and often run competitions there.

As Lucas states you are in control of what FB brings to your day. Like the good interesting stuff and that's what will be on your page. If you get sick of something just Unlike it and you won't see it anymore. Not really much spam there.

I rarely ever put up a status on FB, that bits a little pretentious I recon and I don't want to share my day with everyone. Ask me I'll be happy to tell you about my day.

I am in maybe 20 4wd based grips on FB, I rarely visit any of them but they appear on my wall and I can skip over it or click if interested. There are heaps of Private groups that are invisible and set up by people to share their own stuff, these can be fun with the right group of people. A private group can cross the " family Friendly" off and be feral.

Most of the industry are now there and you get an insight into all sorts of stuff.

I like it, I rarely post on it but always have it open as a second tab on the iPad while on the forum. If you build your "like" network with the stuff your interested in then your News Feed is constantly updating from all over the world.

If you have an old friend that friends you on FB and they turn out to just post rubbish just block them from your news feed, they don't know but you don't see it either.

Happy days.

Get on it book head ya grumpy bugger.

Seriously now BA, you have done some stuff in your days bud! Quite amazing stuff! Likeling some of those old friends in those other industries or businesses will see a new feed that reflects your life and gives you some connection with the things you have done.

Or not! You could just friend a heap of 14 yo girls and get junk. ;)

Sir Roofy
18th January 2014, 04:30 PM
yes fb has come a very very long way. The world has embraced the power of social media and joining fb now will be a far more beneficial experience than even 3 years ago.

Most companies now have a presence on fb and often run competitions there.

As lucas states you are in control of what fb brings to your day. Like the good interesting stuff and that's what will be on your page. If you get sick of something just unlike it and you won't see it anymore. Not really much spam there.

I rarely ever put up a status on fb, that bits a little pretentious i recon and i don't want to share my day with everyone. Ask me i'll be happy to tell you about my day.

I am in maybe 20 4wd based grips on fb, i rarely visit any of them but they appear on my wall and i can skip over it or click if interested. There are heaps of private groups that are invisible and set up by people to share their own stuff, these can be fun with the right group of people. A private group can cross the " family friendly" off and be feral.

Most of the industry are now there and you get an insight into all sorts of stuff.

I like it, i rarely post on it but always have it open as a second tab on the ipad while on the forum. If you build your "like" network with the stuff your interested in then your news feed is constantly updating from all over the world.

If you have an old friend that friends you on fb and they turn out to just post rubbish just block them from your news feed, they don't know but you don't see it either.

Happy days.

Get on it book head ya grumpy bugger.

Seriously now ba, you have done some stuff in your days bud! Quite amazing stuff! Likeling some of those old friends in those other industries or businesses will see a new feed that reflects your life and gives you some connection with the things you have done.

Or not! You could just friend a heap of 14 yo girls and get junk. ;)

so how was your day m.r a lot cooler today

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2014, 04:35 PM
so how was your day m.r a lot cooler today

Your a funny bugger. Yeah Much Cooler today bud, thanks for asking. Lol

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2014, 04:41 PM
Ill tell you for free though there is a very big world out there of Arrogant Aggressive pieces of Crap that think they know everything. FB Groupd can be full of Keyboard Heros who talk tough and lack respect or a Moral Compass. I shake my head at some of the very poor advice I have seen on FB, if it truly gets up my nose I will try and give an informed correction to the person that needs the info and disregard the idiots.

FB makes coming here a pleasure, here is such a great bunch of guys with a mutual level of respect for each other and the World in general. I believe we have a Moral Compass here. I have been known to Ban the odd guy from here that brings his FB attitude with him ;)

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2014, 04:49 PM
Status Updates Suck unless your Toddie who is still on annual leave and spent the entire Hot spell drinking beer next to the pool at his sisters place or in front of the bloody pizza oven taking bloody Selfies of himself and sharing his joy with us poor bastards that were at work slugging it out.

Hope it goes down the wrong way and beer comes out ya nose!!!

Hodge
18th January 2014, 04:53 PM
Ill tell you for free though there is a very big world out there of Arrogant Aggressive pieces of Crap that think they know everything. FB Groupd can be full of Keyboard Heros who talk tough and lack respect or a Moral Compass.

Hit the nail on the head. This is the main reason I departed a very large patrol group on the FB. Way too many keyboard warriors thinking they're king shit. It was either wankers like that or consistent bickering between the 4.2 and the 3L owners. A rather negative side of FB groups. No moderating of any kind.

Sir Roofy
18th January 2014, 04:59 PM
ill tell you for free though there is a very big world out there of arrogant aggressive pieces of crap that think they know everything. Fb groupd can be full of keyboard heros who talk tough and lack respect or a moral compass. I shake my head at some of the very poor advice i have seen on fb, if it truly gets up my nose i will try and give an informed correction to the person that needs the info and disregard the idiots.

Fb makes coming here a pleasure, here is such a great bunch of guys with a mutual level of respect for each other and the world in general. I believe we have a moral compass here. I have been known to ban the odd guy from here that brings his fb attitude with him ;)

this place has its ups and downs i really dont need any other
as you say they well some of them have an attitude thats not
very good,

really do you need that crap in your life

ill stay here as long as i can see the key board
and the forum keeps running

mudski
18th January 2014, 05:05 PM
Don't give in Jonathan. I signed up years ago ( and now cancelled ) only as my wife uses it and she needed me on there so she could make her status married or something like that. Anyhow, never used it, went on there for christ knows why and had around 40 or so friend request from people I hadn't seen in years, mostly from the tech school days. Now, if I wanted to still be their friends I would still be in contact with them. I just put in my comment section there or what ever it is that if I don't accept your friend request it means I don't like you. I can;t be bothered with the shite that goes on with FB.
Like Darren said. Too many keyboard warriors...
Can;t be stuffed with it.
Nissanpatrol.com.au is better than FB will ever be,

Winnie
18th January 2014, 05:16 PM
One reason. Get to see photos like this of Lucas. There is not as much photoshop as you think

nissannewby
18th January 2014, 05:20 PM
Fark Facebook. Nothing but drama, whining and moaning etc. I have never had it and never will. Nothing is a secret anymore. At least my identity is still kinda unknown.

Alitis007
18th January 2014, 05:31 PM
Just don't post pics with a letter with your postal address in the background you still will be unknown.

taslucas
18th January 2014, 05:46 PM
Fark Facebook. Nothing but drama, whining and moaning etc. I have never had it and never will. Nothing is a secret anymore. At least my identity is still kinda unknown.

That just means you are friends with whining, moaning, drama queens. Get them off your list.
The best way to keep a secret is by not telling anyone. You are in control of what you type:-)

taslucas
18th January 2014, 05:48 PM
One reason. Get to see photos like this of Lucas. There is not as much photoshop as you think

Just so every one knows......I kindly sent that pic to Winnie so he could do with it what he wants lol because I don't give a fark! #zerofarksgiven!

MEGOMONSTER
18th January 2014, 05:59 PM
BA don't give in to the pressure.

growler2058
18th January 2014, 06:08 PM
BA don't give in to the pressure.

He wont the missus wont allow it ;)

BigRAWesty
18th January 2014, 06:12 PM
Just do it ya big softy.
Yahoo know ya wanna know what's being said about u.. So much detail.

MEGOMONSTER
18th January 2014, 06:13 PM
He wont the missus wont allow it ;)

I'm sure he has enough bullshit in his life already. Lol

mudnut
18th January 2014, 06:20 PM
Face ache has no appeal to ,me, but Mrs mudsane keeps in contact with rellies so I got to hear their news anyway:)

fracster
18th January 2014, 06:23 PM
FB makes coming here a pleasure, here is such a great bunch of guys with a mutual level of respect for each other and the World in general. I believe we have a Moral Compass here. That is what makes this such a great forum mate.

I did have facebook and used it a bit when doing wedding photography. But the amount of weapons grade bell ends on there outweighed any advantage ,so I binned it.

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2014, 06:26 PM
Status Updates Suck unless your Toddie who is still on annual leave and spent the entire Hot spell drinking beer next to the pool at his sisters place or in front of the bloody pizza oven taking bloody Selfies of himself and sharing his joy with us poor bastards that were at work slugging it out.

Hope it goes down the wrong way and beer comes out ya nose!!!

Beer, I'm drinking bourbons. Drank close 2 a bottle last night and felt a little seedy this morning.......

FB does not s!ck and is an excellent social tool, its customizable and is only what you make of it. No one forces you to like a page, like a person, post a status.............etc

This ones for you Daz

Status: Still feeling seedy, drinking a JB and coke overlooking the pool :) Might go for another swim later :)

mudski
18th January 2014, 06:40 PM
Just so every one knows. #zerofarksgiven!

Thats a twitter thing isn't it? Twitter is just as shite as FB.

Avo
18th January 2014, 06:41 PM
Love facebook it's improved my typing immensely,the only drama you have is what you accept..shit I know some of the biggest bullshitters and whingers,Fark even my ex lives in the next town and rants all day long(I see sometimes on my daughters page)but youi can hisde or block or delete..shit the only shit is what you accept as I said earlier..If it wasn't for fb me and my misses may never communicate..lol

NP99
18th January 2014, 06:59 PM
It's not for everyone, but it's part of the future, just not my future....

ova50
18th January 2014, 07:01 PM
Had this sent to me over a year back, dont know if some of you may have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7pYHN9iC9I

Parksy
18th January 2014, 07:23 PM
Just remember, everything you put on Facebook is readily available for a lot of people to see, so when you're applying for that new job and your future boss makes a comment about the bare fist backyard brawls or drunk pics, do yourself a favour and look after your name.

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2014, 07:23 PM
Had this sent to me over a year back, dont know if some of you may have seen it.

Lol that is very good

MudRunnerTD
18th January 2014, 07:24 PM
Just remember, everything you put on Facebook is readily available for a lot of people to see, so when you're applying for that new job and your future boss makes a comment about the bare fist backyard brawls or drunk pics, do yourself a favour and look after your name.

And the Employment Agencies are now doing Social media checks as part of there standard screening practice in allot of cases.

Bloodyaussie
18th January 2014, 07:24 PM

Enough said. ... fwuck face book!!!!!!

Avo
18th January 2014, 07:34 PM
if you walked in off the street that bloke would not know anything about you,,,not only that I onl;y use fb for socializing and catching up with mates and family,you can put security on your setting and NO-ONE but the people you add can see so no agency can look at my info

NissanGQ4.2
18th January 2014, 07:37 PM

Doesn't that depend on your privacy settings????

And really no different to posting something up on a forum.

And if someone doesn't want 2 hire you for who you are do you really want 2 be working for them

Drewboyaus
18th January 2014, 08:08 PM
if you walked in off the street that bloke would not know anything about you,,,not only that I onl;y use fb for socializing and catching up with mates and family,you can put security on your setting and NO-ONE but the people you add can see so no agency can look at my info

That's true mate but it's good practise to check how other people see your profile every now and then. FB has a habit of changing things leaving your profile a little more public than expected.

It's your call BA, I have a profile and from time to time can be an active poster. Like others have said, it can be useful for keeping in touch and spreading news to friends and family. It can be good for keeping up with stuff you're interested in. There are some handy patrol groups on there with lots of parts being sold or traded but there are heaps of young forkwits and hero's in those groups who I could live without.....but that's life really.
If used wisely social media can be both fun and useful but it can also become a major distraction to living your real life.

nissannewby
18th January 2014, 09:28 PM
Just so every one knows......I kindly sent that pic to Winnie so he could do with it what he wants lol because I don't give a fark! #zerofarksgiven!

Your better looking than I imagined mate. How are you still single....

NP99
19th January 2014, 12:08 AM

Knuckle heads want to post so much personal info.....

Sir Roofy
19th January 2014, 09:01 AM
had this sent to me over a year back, dont know if some of you may have seen it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7pyhn9ic9i

why would you post so much of your personel life
for the world to see just plane stupid

Irish
19th January 2014, 09:19 AM
I use it to keep in touch with mates from back home, family and mates I've made here. I tend to avoid groups with knuckle draggers, bell ends or wannabe hardmen.
As has been said, you can tailor what shows up in your feed, so you can customise your experience completely.

megatexture
19th January 2014, 09:24 AM
My wife has FB and I have a glance now and then on her account and wtf is with people saying cryptic messages to get attention or make a point that no one an understand ...

Patrol-Guy
19th January 2014, 10:05 AM
I dislike FB immensely.... I can't believe how intertwined in our every day lives it is. I done a photography course a while back and at the end of the course the instructor said "you can get the next course for a 50% discount, details are on my FB page". That was it, no email me, no cal 555 etc, no text message me at 0407 etc, just visit my FB page.....what a load of crap.....and that other stupid thing tweetter or twiter or whatever....don't get me started on that one.....

where did I put those chill pills.....

P4trol
19th January 2014, 10:28 AM
And if someone doesn't want 2 hire you for who you are do you really want 2 be working for them

Companies these days are a bit precious about their image. And remember some people aren't clued up on who can see what they post on fb, or who can see the post to a friends wall.

Me personally, I want to deal with businesses that are honest and fair dinkum about providing a product or service. Seeing their employees and how they behave out of the workplace may erode confidence, give false statements about company policies etc.

Bob
19th January 2014, 10:29 AM
I have a 42 (Going on 14) Year Old Daughter who posts Pics of almost everything that she does. (Having Lunch,Shopping etc)
Cannot understand why she needs to share so much of her life with everybody.
Oh well Life passed me by many years ago but I enjoy being dull and predictable (Grumpy Old Man)

NP99
19th January 2014, 11:03 AM
I have a 42 (Going on 14) Year Old Daughter who posts Pics of almost everything that she does. (Having Lunch,Shopping etc)
Cannot understand why she needs to share so much of her life with everybody.
Oh well Life passed me by many years ago but I enjoy being dull and predictable (Grumpy Old Man)

You're not alone there Bob, my two eldest daughters do the same. They post family pics with me in them and I say get me off there.....they don't understand my angst about it...

ova50
19th January 2014, 11:37 AM
Recently, a former work associate of mine, was telling me that she posted a comment on her Facebook page expressing her feelings relating to an incident that happened where she works. Her views never mentioned names, places or the Govt dept she works for. She was called to the bosses office and was told it may be in her best interests to remove what she had written. She removed it and claims never to use any social media again.

There is a place for social media, but I think what happens is that too many people put their whole life out there and have no idea of the possible repercussions.

I believe forums are in a different category, providing a vast array of info, support, and often resulting in the building friendships based on common interests. Nissanpatrol.com.au, a perfect example. :cheers:

Maxhead
19th January 2014, 11:48 AM
Recently, a former work associate of mine, was telling me that she posted a comment on her Facebook page expressing her feelings relating to an incident that happened where she works. Her views never mentioned names, places or the Govt dept she works for. She was called to the bosses office and was told it may be in her best interests to remove what she had written. She removed it and claims never to use any social media again.

There is a place for social media, but I think what happens is that too many people put their whole life out there and have no idea of the possible repercussions.

I believe forums are in a different category, providing a vast array of info, support, and often resulting in the building friendships based on common interests. Nissanpatrol.com.au, a perfect example. :cheers:

Yeah, most gov departments and companies have social media policies in place so employees don't post unapropriate crap about their workplace.

As far as the forum goes, it's not much different or even worse as there is no privacy or security settings like Facebook. Once posted on the forum its for everyone to see especially if the site is ranked highly. Look at Growler, he posts everything from having breakfast so cuddling ladyboys...its just wrong ;)
As said before you can manipulate who sees what on Facebook

growler2058
19th January 2014, 03:01 PM
Yeah, most gov departments and companies have social media policies in place so employees don't post unapropriate crap about their workplace.

As far as the forum goes, it's not much different or even worse as there is no privacy or security settings like Facebook. Once posted on the forum its for everyone to see especially if the site is ranked highly. Look at Growler, he posts everything from having breakfast so cuddling ladyboys...its just wrong ;)

Yeah but she....he reminded me of you

Maxhead
19th January 2014, 03:19 PM
Yeah but she....he reminded me of you

Cool, wait till Thursday night then sweety!!

NP99
19th January 2014, 05:12 PM
A female friend of mine is a rape victim, we went through her FB pages and profile pic in review ready for the defence lawyer to attack...

Chris79
19th January 2014, 10:29 PM
Thanks guys,

You have just reminded me I should take down the beer bong photo in my Linked In profile ;)

MudRunnerTD
19th January 2014, 11:34 PM

Ah now Kris that is a very interesting issue right there. Recently Naomi and I launched our new business and I started a thread here with the name of the business in the thread title and told everyone about it, that thread maybe ran out to 5 or 6 pages. Because this forum is ranked so highly google placed that thread Above our own brand new web site for weeks!!!! Crazy! I had to keep an eye on the thread to make sure it stayed on track as it was smashing google with a couple of key words in the title!!