PDA

View Full Version : 3 cheers to the firemen & ses

threedogs
17th January 2014, 05:43 PM
Got to take my cap off to these guys as we laugh and play they are out in 40 plus saving property and livestock.
and to think some of these fires were lit by fire bugs, they have caught some, RRRRRSholes

BigRAWesty
17th January 2014, 06:03 PM
Bloody oath mate. It's a crazy time and I hope they catch the a#@holes who lit them.
Sad to see a couple of lives were lost.

krbrooking
17th January 2014, 06:06 PM
Too true TD. The fire fighters are hero's and so not paid enough. Those little buggers need be strung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Hodge
17th January 2014, 06:07 PM
Damn right ! Definitely my utmost respect goes to those people. I got to see first hand what they were up against when we were rebuilding the powerlines around kinglake after the black saturday and it bloody isn't much fun. As TD said while I'm here bitching about how hot it is, they're out there saving others and properties...

Gecko17
18th January 2014, 11:13 AM
These are the people that you need to have street parades for.... a very large amount are volunteers to boot.

I take my hat off to them all.

threedogs
18th January 2014, 11:18 AM
plus even though its cooled down a bit they are still out there, must be a special breed of person.
Just the image of that lone sheep burnt to a crisp makes me mad,
there was even a Zoo in the line of fire but think its ok now

happygu
18th January 2014, 11:19 AM
Not sure if I would want to do it, all dressed up from head to toe in heavy gear, standing out in the heat of the sun, wind and fire front ...... tough work, and I have just built up a sweat today pushing my little mower around and it isn't really that hot ....

Friends of ours have just lost their house in Wartook yesterday, and just escaped with their lives through the flames thankfully .... tough work indeed !!!

Mic

threedogs
18th January 2014, 11:22 AM
not sure I'd be up to it, but if push came to shove I'd be there.
Yeah a thankless job just like our Armed forces

the evil twin
19th January 2014, 12:31 AM
not sure I'd be up to it, but if push came to shove I'd be there.
Yeah a thankless job just like our Armed forces

Can be but not usually... every search I've done there is always a heap of thank you's even when we don't find the person.
Storm damage calls you can get the odd moron but most people are very effusive in their gratitude

The people who don't hand out the thanks or give us any respect are 90 % of the rrsehole pollies and the chair bound careers in uniform who are getting paid while us Vollys aren't... a pox on all of 'em.

I was a volly in Sydney in the early 200's before coming to Perth and that parade down George Street after the Sydney fires brought me to tears

Qld issued a commendation bar for the vollies and careers after the recent floods which was a great touch as well.

I did 21 years in the ADF and I've been a volly Marine Rescue and/or SES for another 15 since leaving the ADF. Love (almost) every minute of it and thoroughly recommend it altho it doesn't suit everyone