PDA

View Full Version : CRD catch can fitting kit

Jamiepatrol
17th January 2014, 04:44 PM
Hi guys.
The blokes who sent/sold me the porvent catch can stooged me. They sent a blank can instead of the full fitting kit I paid for.
My intercooler is off, cleaned and drying so I can't wait until they send me the hoses and stuff as I need the car tomorrow. So I'm going to go out and buy the bits on my own.
From what I understand the manifold hoses are 1" and catch can side is 1/2", so I need bit's of both hoses as well as 2 reducers and clamps to suit?
If someone could confirm this or correct me and also where does one buy parts like that as I've never done so.
Generally I'd do my research but I expected to get this done this arvo, as I got a long drive tomorrow and wuold like to get it complete then so i'm in a bit of a hurry hence asking here.
Thanks. Jamie.

threedogs
17th January 2014, 05:50 PM
a plumbing place may have all the brass fittings you need, cheaper than going to the Purple Pig

Hodge
17th January 2014, 06:01 PM
Jamie if you ordered from that western filters eBay store apparently their fitting kits are no good anyway as hoses they included aren't the best quality or not 100% for oil.
Someone mentioned this here on the forums a while back. Could have been Mudski actually. It's better if you do source the gear your self. How did you clean your Intercooler by the way. I'll be doing mine at same time as catch can.

Stropp
17th January 2014, 07:05 PM
mate take your provent and the std hose to pirtek or someone like tht and ask for hose to suit, i think you have the measerment ass about face as the provent outlet is larger than the std one, i just got the fittings from bunnings to adapt from one size to the other, mine is a 4.2 tho so may be different to the 3ltr.

megatexture
17th January 2014, 07:53 PM
I dont have a provent but just replaced mine yesterday and got a few bits from supercheap probably not the cheapest but I was more concerned about the time . My factory hose was 13mm (crd)