PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from New Zealand

Luke Somme Burton
16th January 2014, 04:59 PM
Hi there,

My names Luke.
Was a chef for 10 years here in NZ, did some IT work for a resort, and for the past 8 years I've been a green-keeper at Kauri Cliffs golf course.

Had a few trucks in the past, Rocky, Pajero, and recently been given a 89' LWB Y60.
Best truck I ever seen. Was pretty stock and done high k's so I'm showing her a bit of TLC and doing whatever work I can on her.

I know basic mechanical work but using the info on the forums here has had me learning new skills.

I've used the forum here to for the past year whenever I've been stuck on things, but lately I've been looking up stuff everyday. I've got new Tough Dog shocks, springs (50mm lift) and radius arm bushes to put on; have front bearings and seals I have to put in; new tierod to put on and a whole list of other stuff to do, but at least I'm at the right place to get a bit of know-how.

Thanks for letting me apart...even if I am a Kiwi,

Luke

Paule
16th January 2014, 05:41 PM
G'day luke welcome to the forum mate

growler2058
16th January 2014, 05:43 PM
G'day Luke welcome aboard mate

Wish I got given a patrol ;)

threedogs
16th January 2014, 05:57 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy

PMC
16th January 2014, 06:44 PM
Hi there,

My names Luke.
Was a chef for 10 years here in NZ, did some IT work for a resort, and for the past 8 years I've been a green-keeper at Kauri Cliffs golf course.

Had a few trucks in the past, Rocky, Pajero, and recently been given a 89' LWB Y60.
Best truck I ever seen. Was pretty stock and done high k's so I'm showing her a bit of TLC and doing whatever work I can on her.

I know basic mechanical work but using the info on the forums here has had me learning new skills.

I've used the forum here to for the past year whenever I've been stuck on things, but lately I've been looking up stuff everyday. I've got new Tough Dog shocks, springs (50mm lift) and radius arm bushes to put on; have front bearings and seals I have to put in; new tierod to put on and a whole list of other stuff to do, but at least I'm at the right place to get a bit of know-how.

Thanks for letting me apart...even if I am a Kiwi,

Luke

G’day Luke,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

RLI

Gecko17
16th January 2014, 06:45 PM
G'day Luke.

Wecome to the forum mate. You're not the only Kiwi on this forum plus the guys n girls here are great. A lot of experience and knowledge and they are always willing to help out a fellow Patroller.

Dhuck
16th January 2014, 07:50 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
16th January 2014, 08:15 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Avo
16th January 2014, 08:42 PM
welcome Luke,great info here mate as you know,hope you enjoy your stay.and some pics of ya rig mate.

Tank
16th January 2014, 08:58 PM
Welcome, its great to have more of us on here

Stropp
17th January 2014, 01:53 PM
welcome along mate, enjoy your stay with us.

edsnm
18th January 2014, 02:12 AM
G'Day luke and welcome to the best patrol forum in the internet

AB
18th January 2014, 07:03 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

my third 256
18th January 2014, 08:13 AM
welcome luke to the world of patrolling

suttonle
21st January 2014, 05:16 PM
A fellow NZer. welcome mate