PDA

View Full Version : 2 way power..3 method use

menace 2
14th January 2014, 05:09 PM
Any lecky gurus here who can help me with info to wire up the winch or anyone who may have done it in the manner I am describing....I am trying to create a 3 way system whereby I have the power isolator switch to the winch in the cab....there will also be an in and out rocker switch in the cab...plus the external hand held control and the remote outside...the winch is in and wired up and works as per the remote and hand held ....but I am trying to use the switch in the cab as an isolator for the control box and also will obviously have to two way the in and out ...obviously the rocker in the cab and the external hand held , I want isolated by the switch inside...
I also notice that the winch did not come with any fuse system ( unless it is inside the control box...which I would want externally for ease of access )
can I also run the positive lead (or negative) from the winch to the battery through an isolator near the battery or is that a bit over the top ?....I just like to isolate things unless I am going to use them

seems a bit jumbled and I have it in my head , just a bit hard to put in print
cheers

sooty_10
14th January 2014, 06:24 PM
Mate there is plenty of diagrams (google images is quick) and posts (here and other forums) about wiring in-cab isolations switches and momentary toggle in/out for winches. Fairly easy to do using some 5/7 core trailer wire.

megatexture
14th January 2014, 06:32 PM
It would have to be a heavy duty isolator to cope with the amps the winch will be pulling on full load.
what's wrong with a isolator switch under the bonnet?

You can get some heavy duty switches at boating shops .. Like this one but its a lot of coin for what it is, and check the specs of your winch to see if it has max amp draw listed as you won't want to overload the switch!

http://www.bluesea.com/products/7700/ML-RBS_Remote_Battery_Switch_with_Manual_Control_-_12V_DC_500A

menace 2
14th January 2014, 10:28 PM
cheers...thanks fellas