PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a bigpond modem they don't want

Bloodyaussie
14th January 2014, 02:04 PM
I need one of these modems but refuse to pay as the pricks take enough money from me... 93min I was on the phone and the 3rd tech they want to send.
They cant 100% confirm my modem is the problem but want me to buy one.

I pay in loves only!!!!

Drewboyaus
14th January 2014, 03:03 PM
What is happening? Symptoms?

MudRunnerTD
14th January 2014, 03:06 PM
Maybe!

;)

Winnie
14th January 2014, 03:10 PM
Hey mate, just letting you know that I don't have one of these.

Bloodyaussie
14th January 2014, 03:14 PM
Just to let you know I will kill some one and I am not joking....... There is no end to the frustration I have had to deal with .. these F$#$%$#$ S^%$ %$$ all need a smack in the mouth.

I dont want to go through the symptons right now as I have been through this 8 times in 90 min!!!!!!!!!

boots
14th January 2014, 03:14 PM
Three months ago I had one for you but not now sorry . its gonsky .

Bloodyaussie
14th January 2014, 03:22 PM
Chris and Chris I dont want to hurt you both but I dont need "I dont have one?" I just want to hear "No worries mate, I have one here you can have"

NissanGQ4.2
14th January 2014, 03:34 PM
Its only a netgear modem with a sukpond logo stamped on it. Just go out and buy any modem that supports whatever internet you have with sukpond

So if you have adsl 1 with them buy an adsl modem, if you have adsl 2 but a adsl 2 modem etc.

So my question is what service do you have adsl 1 or adsl 2 or something else???

Bloodyaussie
14th January 2014, 03:45 PM
Cable Internet. ...

MudRunnerTD
14th January 2014, 04:32 PM
Cable Internet. ...

Bugger. The one I have is ADSL2 I think???

AB
14th January 2014, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure I've got an older Bigpond modem that will work mate. Ill have a look when I get home.

AB
14th January 2014, 05:42 PM

Parksy
14th January 2014, 05:45 PM
Telecommunications ombudsman. Have used them before and they're excellent!

AB
14th January 2014, 05:50 PM
It worked brilliantly until my wifi shat itself and I was upgraded with the new one with inbuilt wifi. Yeah it worked great.

Bloodyaussie
14th January 2014, 05:51 PM
Nup... no good!!!

I dont want to buy one out of principal.... how many went into land fill?

Stropp
14th January 2014, 06:00 PM
i got one free about a week ago as i rang and said mine is ruted and they said you are out of contract so i said put me on a contract, when it arrived they tried to bill me but i rang and complained about the charge, they said they dont do free modems but i asked her to check the notes and sure enough free modem was mentioned so i just paid $10 for the postage, doesnt help you but call and find out if you are contracted and if not new modem or you will go elsewhere, worked for me, just saying .

Bloodyaussie
14th January 2014, 06:14 PM
i got one free about a week ago as i rang and said mine is ruted and they said you are out of contract so i said put me on a contract, when it arrived they tried to bill me but i rang and complained about the charge, they said they dont do free modems but i asked her to check the notes and sure enough free modem was mentioned so i just paid $10 for the postage, doesnt help you but call and find out if you are contracted and if not new modem or you will go elsewhere, worked for me, just saying .

OH mate this has been going on for 5 months and since December has gone a whole other level... they have tested lines about 15 times and all said the same thing then sent techs out and they say completely different things...

They want to up sell me but I dont want to move as I have a good deal and if I up sell they make much more for what I see as no gain for me.

I have 3 mobile phones, home phone, internet,foxtel, and even pre paid card for my GPS... pricks should just give me one!!!!!

What it costs to send out these techs all the time???

NP99
14th January 2014, 09:48 PM
I just come off a Telstra contract and changed providers. It's a TG582n. It's yours if you want it......

Clunk
14th January 2014, 10:19 PM
I've got that exact modem mate (I think it is) well without the telstra moniker that is........ if I can find it, you're welcome to it bud.

Bloodyaussie
14th January 2014, 10:51 PM
Cheers guys... as long as it has the coaxial cable socket I will have it..

Just so happened to have the worst drop outs today just to add salt to the wound!!!

krbrooking
14th January 2014, 11:02 PM
Hey Jonathan I have a Telstra modem and tablet thingy with all wiring and every thing for ya all bagged up and ready to go as Telstra don't service the area I live in you can have it all for two cuddles if you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Clunk
14th January 2014, 11:14 PM
Cheers guys... as long as it has the coaxial cable socket I will have it..

Just so happened to have the worst drop outs today just to add salt to the wound!!!

Just out of interest, have you tried replacing cables to see if they're at fault?

mudnut
15th January 2014, 12:09 AM
How old is the modem?

Bloodyaussie
16th January 2014, 09:35 PM
I won.... the pricks are sending me a new modem!!!!!

Finally got talking to the right person... ha ha ha ha!!!

Avo
16th January 2014, 09:38 PM
Did you punch someone in the neck,Lifes never good without the internet.

Bloodyaussie
16th January 2014, 09:56 PM
Did you punch someone in the neck,Lifes never good without the internet.

No I was calm but the young man could sense he should not push my buttons....

Stropp
17th January 2014, 01:07 AM
Well done mate, just gotta keep askin and pushing them, eventually someone will be bothered to help out.

Clunk
17th January 2014, 01:33 AM
Yep it's always nice to get someone who gives a crap about customer service

krbrooking
17th January 2014, 06:32 PM
You can still have the set top box and hub if you want man I am prob going to throw it out other wise as I can't use either of the as Telstra don't service my area.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app