PDA

View Full Version : Dash blistering/melted

oigioioi
13th January 2014, 11:43 PM
Just look under dash cover and discover it is blistering and melted. My patrol always park under cover. I ask a friend who has a 05 patrol and he tell me his patrol dash is terrible condition, blistering, melting and sticky like glue.
Any one has dash blistering and melting? and what should I do now?

Avo
14th January 2014, 12:10 AM
here's a good read for you...skip to the last page and read that.. http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/archive/index.php/t-352.html

cheers

Stropp
14th January 2014, 11:06 AM
yes you will have a lot of trouble with them trying to get that replaced, i managed to get mine replaced out of the warranty period which has been extended to 6 yrs but it took constant harrasment and a letter from consumer affairs although this letter has not worked for anyone else that i sent it to.

threedogs
14th January 2014, 11:59 AM
Nissan will say it never happened even though they replaced heaps,
And don't let them suck you into paying for labour, if you are successful
Good luck

oigioioi
14th January 2014, 08:04 PM
Thanks 489WA and STROPP and THREEDOGS. Your replies help me a lot. I start research and will make a decision what action should I take first.

Stropp
15th January 2014, 12:57 AM
Lots of people on various forums with the same drama.

the evil twin
15th January 2014, 01:08 AM
My 07' was over the 6 years cut off.
Nissan initially told me to piss off, "nothing lasts forever and it's over 6 years since date of manuf so tough luck".
Then Rockingham Nissan had a chat to 'em and Nissan Australia gave me a new dash and the Dealer and I went 1/2 each in swap out labour cost.

I thought that was pretty fair in the end although I would dearly love to have another chat to the Nissan Australia Customer Service Rep out the back of the Pub one night... F%#$%#$ Arsehole