PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

pa5hka
13th January 2014, 06:05 PM
Hi all my name is Paul and i am from sydney.
Just bought a GQ wagon LWB from ebay .
That is my second GQ , first one o had is SWB and had SAFARI turbo installed ( TD42) , ARB lockers fr & rr , in build air kompressor with ait tank , 3 inch ift and usual bull bars , winch etc.....
Ended up selling for very cheap ( 8500) through ebay .After a while i just bought of another one from ebay without of looking it and turned out its a very bad condition so a lot of work in front of me.
Its patrol 1991 TD42 long wheel base with 5 spd manual.
It has 33 tyres and 4 inch lift. Last previous owner had a lot of black spray paint apparently as he sprayed whole interior , trims , some stuff outside the car and even arials in black :) Also he was genius auto electrician as wiring in whole car is all ripped and fucked and holding on electrical tape. Also ( probably because it kept blowing fuses) he replaced them with a piece of wire. Also right front wheel is 1-2 inches pushed backward for some reason and and whole car sits on angle ( looks right the whole right side is sagged) . Body has usual dents , scratches and rust. As soon i picked it up after 20 klms the whole exhaust fallen off so i had stop in nearest town to get it welded . Its still got about 140 holes in it so has to be changed . One of the hoses leaking diesel so it has a strong smell of diesel and tank is also got leaks. Front and rear diffs leaking oils and bottom og the engine has some oil leaks too. Dash is all broken and doesnt sit right. There is a lot of other stuff in it that i will have to fix .
PLans is to buy another gq for parts and try to make one of two i guess.

AB
13th January 2014, 06:09 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Dhuck
13th January 2014, 06:25 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Patrol-Guy
13th January 2014, 06:31 PM
Hey Paul, welcome to the forum.

growler2058
13th January 2014, 06:32 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

Chubba
13th January 2014, 06:40 PM
Welcome mate , looks like you have your work cut out for you. Good luck, You will get plenty of help here.

zjuul
14th January 2014, 05:43 PM
hello and welcome here mate!

grtz Zjuul

PMC
14th January 2014, 06:34 PM
Hi all my name is Paul and i am from sydney.
Just bought a GQ wagon LWB from ebay .
That is my second GQ , first one o had is SWB and had SAFARI turbo installed ( TD42) , ARB lockers fr & rr , in build air kompressor with ait tank , 3 inch ift and usual bull bars , winch etc.....
Ended up selling for very cheap ( 8500) through ebay .After a while i just bought of another one from ebay without of looking it and turned out its a very bad condition so a lot of work in front of me.
Its patrol 1991 TD42 long wheel base with 5 spd manual.
It has 33 tyres and 4 inch lift. Last previous owner had a lot of black spray paint apparently as he sprayed whole interior , trims , some stuff outside the car and even arials in black :) Also he was genius auto electrician as wiring in whole car is all ripped and fucked and holding on electrical tape. Also ( probably because it kept blowing fuses) he replaced them with a piece of wire. Also right front wheel is 1-2 inches pushed backward for some reason and and whole car sits on angle ( looks right the whole right side is sagged) . Body has usual dents , scratches and rust. As soon i picked it up after 20 klms the whole exhaust fallen off so i had stop in nearest town to get it welded . Its still got about 140 holes in it so has to be changed . One of the hoses leaking diesel so it has a strong smell of diesel and tank is also got leaks. Front and rear diffs leaking oils and bottom og the engine has some oil leaks too. Dash is all broken and doesnt sit right. There is a lot of other stuff in it that i will have to fix .
PLans is to buy another gq for parts and try to make one of two i guess.

G’day Paul,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

RLI

Stropp
15th January 2014, 01:01 AM
Welcome along mate, lots of work ahead by the looks.

Gecko17
15th January 2014, 09:20 AM
Welcome to the forum Paul. Yep, sure sounds like you have a project vehicle alright. At least there's nothing better than se your hard work come to fruition. Best of luck.

Can you put up a few before and after pics? We love pics!

threedogs
15th January 2014, 10:12 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.
jump in anytime and enjoy

Davey Jones
15th January 2014, 05:43 PM
Welcome mate :)

MEGOMONSTER
20th January 2014, 09:46 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

my third 256
21st January 2014, 07:46 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen
hope you didnt pay too much

suttonle
21st January 2014, 04:11 PM
hi and welcome to the forum