PDA

View Full Version : New to Patrol

GaryB366
11th January 2014, 05:57 PM
Hi,

I'm hopefully going to be the owner of my first ever Patrol next week, a 1998 Nissan Patrol GU Ti 4.5L petrol, I've been doing the 4WD thing now for about 6 months in a Holden Jackeroo, nothing but problems from day 1.

So can anyone give me any direction on this model of Patrol, good n bad, nuts n bolts. It looks the business, but going for a test drive and look under the hood on Monday. It has 195,000 km on the clock.

Thanks in advance

MEGOMONSTER
11th January 2014, 05:58 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

growler2058
11th January 2014, 06:26 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard. Everyone I know with that model is happy

AB
11th January 2014, 06:50 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions in another section, a lot of people don't read the intros.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Paule
11th January 2014, 08:26 PM
G'day mate welcom to the forum

Gecko17
12th January 2014, 10:14 AM
Hi,

I'm hopefully going to be the owner of my first ever Patrol next week, a 1998 Nissan Patrol GU Ti 4.5L petrol, I've been doing the 4WD thing now for about 6 months in a Holden Jackeroo, nothing but problems from day 1.

So can anyone give me any direction on this model of Patrol, good n bad, nuts n bolts. It looks the business, but going for a test drive and look under the hood on Monday. It has 195,000 km on the clock.

Thanks in advance

G'day Gary and welcome to the forum.

I had the same model (except mine wasn't a Ti) and the only problem I had was the starter motor went on it. Also the paint on the bonnet faded. Neither of which worried me at all. It was a great wagon that took me and my family up and down WA. It was a little thirsty but only when towing a loaded camper trailer and even then wasn't too bad.

threedogs
12th January 2014, 10:18 AM
Hi Gary and welcome to the Forum, congrats on your "new" Patrol

Dhuck
12th January 2014, 10:20 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

nitronick
12th January 2014, 10:36 AM
welcome in mate

NewDan
12th January 2014, 11:20 AM
Welcome aboard mate, a great place to be and heaps of good information on here

my third 256
13th January 2014, 07:49 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

zjuul
14th January 2014, 05:32 PM
hello and welcome here mate!

grtz Zjuul

PMC
14th January 2014, 06:39 PM
Hi,

Thanks in advance

G’day Gary,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

RLI