PDA

View Full Version : NEW 4x4 SHOP NORTH OF MELBOURNE

threedogs
11th January 2014, 11:35 AM
Hi all just letting you know there is a new Opposite Lock shop in Epping north of Melb.
Drop in say hello to David, he's the manager. they have service facilities and a big showroom full of goodies.It's on the corner of Miller and Angus street Epping. Grand opening is a month off I think

Hodge
11th January 2014, 11:37 AM
Very nice. Finally something else on this side of town other than your ARB's and TJM's and whatever that other thailand place is on Mahoneys road.

threedogs
11th January 2014, 11:49 AM
which one you mean ??

Drewboyaus
11th January 2014, 12:02 PM
Last time I went to Opposite Lock in Nth Melbourne looking for something (can't remember what now) they almost laughed at me because I was looking for something to suit a GQ.....like it wasn't for a 76, or a 200, or a forkin Prado.
Politely told them to F-off and decided it was the last time I would ever visit an Opposite Lock store.

Bloodyaussie
11th January 2014, 12:03 PM
Mcc or what ever they are called... bunch of dicks to deal with.

So is this new store trading now...?

Hodge
11th January 2014, 12:07 PM
which one you mean ??

I meant MCC. Forgot their name to begin with. Walked in there once with a mate who wanted a quote on a bullbar. Some of the rudest customer service, ever.
Last I heard their Australia branch was bankrupt and closing down. Not sure how far that truth stretches.

threedogs
11th January 2014, 12:56 PM
@ BA yes up and running, nice big showroom,,
Opposite lock have not had a good run in Melb, Preston,
Footscray and Braybrook all closed. Mitcham is kicking goals,
very big shop, ex restaurant, Scotty runs that one, top bloke too
Never heard of MCC only heaven 4x4 when they put their shop
next to ARB bad move from the start

Jamiepatrol
11th January 2014, 02:54 PM
Lets hope they do 4x4 mods like catch cans, NADS etc...

threedogs
11th January 2014, 02:56 PM
I'll work for him and mention it, could do full NADS for the northern suburbs lol

Hodge
11th January 2014, 06:13 PM
Never heard of MCC only heaven 4x4 when they put their shop
next to ARB bad move from the start

MCC are 800m east of ARB. Everytime I drive past they have their MCC geared Amarokk and recently a 200 serier cruiser too. Never ever have I seen any other car parked there. I'm shocked they lasted this long.

boots
11th January 2014, 11:13 PM
Had good dealings with the preston and footscray stores back in the day. Seen the signage going up at the new store just before xmas so I hope business is good for them.

threedogs
12th January 2014, 06:58 AM
MCC are 800m east of ARB. Everytime I drive past they have their MCC geared Amarokk and recently a 200 serier cruiser too. Never ever have I seen any other car parked there. I'm shocked they lasted this long.

That's where 4x4 Heaven put their shop, was up there the other day and never saw them, might go for a drive and see.
Also mentioned to David about having a Mechanic on duty sunday arvo to fix all the broken trucks coming home from Mt Dissapointment

EDIT:: Just checked out MCC website, TBH never heard of them and I'm in the game. oh well

threedogs
27th March 2014, 09:32 AM
bumped , has anyone had a chance to drop in and say hello to David and his crew??
He has a very large showroom full of goodies, and if you are into USA muscle you may see his 65 mustang.

Alitis007
27th March 2014, 09:46 AM
I drive past it every day and keep meaning to suss it out but haven't had the time yet lol

taslucas
27th March 2014, 10:22 AM
I drive past it every day and keep meaning to suss it out but haven't had the time yet lol

And you're probably doing 200 clicks at the time

Alitis007
27th March 2014, 11:49 AM
And you're probably doing 200 clicks at the time

Nah just 60 there's always speed cameras on that rd and the cop shop is around the corner so i drove like a normal person then punch it around the corner lol

threedogs
27th March 2014, 12:42 PM
You should say hello as he doesn't do mechanical only accessory fitting.
but as I said nice big show room I was up there this morning what a hoax with the traffic

Alitis007
27th March 2014, 01:08 PM
You should saw hello as he doesn't do mechanical only accessory fitting.
but as I said nice big show room I was up there this morning what a hoax with the traffic

I'll eventually get around there John, that morning traffic is nothing try and turn into Millers st from Cooper after 4.30 pm! Mate the traffic is banked up to the freeway and its faster to take a 6km detour lol. Theres alot of competition for mechanical repair on millers so good luck to him with it all

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2014, 02:26 PM
Popped in to visit them today... nice bloke with offer of use of his shopbfor forum meet to discuss products with vendor reps in the evening. .

mudski
27th March 2014, 07:25 PM
I'll work for him and mention it, could do full NADS for the northern suburbs lol

Uhm. Hello!!!! :thumbup:

As for MCC. I went in there last year and the guy did not get off his chair and drop his newspaper to even think about asking if I needed any help. Never going back there...

Hodge
27th March 2014, 07:29 PM
Uhm. Hello!!!! :thumbup:

As for MCC. I went in there last year and the guy did not get off his chair and drop his newspaper to even think about asking if I needed any help. Never going back there...

You might not get a chance to go there even if you wanted to, they won't last long. As I said in my comment earlier, I drive past it twice a day at least, and I kid you not, I've never seen a customers car parked in front... And like you, me and a mate walked in, and no f*** was given by the bloke in there.

Bloodyaussie
27th March 2014, 07:52 PM
They are mainly a supplier for all there on sellers and have stuff sent out all over the place... they are a bunch of nobs and need a good kicking (MCC that is)

GU_Mudstar
28th March 2014, 12:02 AM
Yay bout time, ive only ever asked the guys at roo dogs on sydney rd for spare parts if i cant find it on ebay, ARB is a joke of a price, TJM down coburg, enough said, MCC, the show room is tiny! and there warehouse is like 5 min down the road in thomastown, not exactly quality parts wen it starts peeling and rusting after 7 months use, we dropped off my uncles Hilux that had MCC kit, a few days ago to get it repaired under warranty, have yet to hear from mcc

will pop in later on this weekend if there open :)

Bloodyaussie
28th March 2014, 06:53 AM
Never had a problem with TJM in Coburg, ARB in Thomastown (Simon) has been very helpful and I am starting to come round to "You get what you pay for" doesnt mean I am going to spen $2500 on a bloody winch.

I have heard bad things about Roo dogs but I myself have not had a problem??

MCC are a bunch of wankers and the Tigerz outlet at Campbelfield is full of criminals ......

Winnie
28th March 2014, 07:03 AM
ARB here in Warragul are fantastic, Dave drives a GQ so none of the "200 series or fark off" mentality there. ARB in Traralgon however are a bunch of wankers.

threedogs
28th March 2014, 07:15 AM
ARB also have a store in Keilor with a fitting bay, Never been there as I'm not an ARB guy
TJM Coburg do a lot of fleet work, and as with ARB I would think most products would be on a buy in basis
There are good shops and some shockers, its up to you ATEOTD it all comes down to Product knowledge

Winnie
28th March 2014, 07:25 AM
ATEOTD

.................................................. ................
what?

Hodge
28th March 2014, 07:27 AM
Arb Thomastown, Simon or Ray. Best blokes to deal with. Never had a single issue there.

nissannewby
28th March 2014, 07:55 AM
what?

At the end of the day??

Maxhead
28th March 2014, 08:02 AM
what?

ATEOTD = And Totally Exhilarated On Thredogs Drugs