PDA

View Full Version : Nick

scotchpom
27th January 2011, 11:12 PM
I'm not one for chat sites, I'm a bit more of an action man meself but if this helps me get a copy of that manual well so be it....names nick, out in CQ at the moment, I got the '90 model petrol GQ wagon, pretty much stock standard, had it for 10 years myself and its hardly given me a scrap of trouble.....except when i get bored an go tinkering lol....but its been misfiring a bit lately so i've invested in a new dizzy cap, rotor and coil, got all that in the mail today...problem now is....my carby is in about as many peices as a carby can be in....I tell ya what tho...the old patrol must be a pretty tough motor vehicle, with the amount of them around you never see many at the wreckers when you're chasing parts...can anyone tell me...has anyone tried moving the back seat further back to give the rear seat drivers more leg room?...for such a large car its got bugger all room in the back seat, plenty behind it tho.
anyhow
Happy travels and stay off the beaten track...

YNOT
27th January 2011, 11:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Nick.

Tony

Finly Owner
27th January 2011, 11:24 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Nick

patch697
28th January 2011, 12:00 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

scotchpom
28th January 2011, 12:29 AM
hey cheers guys, glad to find a site like this, been browsing throu posts, some intersting and usefull info, I'll have to think of a few q's to post, i do have only one for now...are there any cruiser vs patrol posts?....I kno any cruiser man i run into likes to brag about how many nissans he's pulled outta trouble...but you never hear a patrol man brag about it...i guess we don't need to tho lol...no reasaurance required when you're in a patrol =P....should be some interesting and amusing stories tho...

AB
28th January 2011, 06:08 AM
Welcome to the forum Nick, you will find most cruiser owners deep down wish they have a Patrol and therefore lash out at Patrol owners out of jealousy mate...lol

Do a search in the top right hand search column and you should find something.

Feel free to ask any questions mate and join in the conversations.

Maxhead
28th January 2011, 06:19 AM
G'Day Nick, welcome to the forum mate and enjoy

Dhuck
28th January 2011, 07:52 AM
Welcome to the forum Nick.

DX grunt
28th January 2011, 07:57 AM
G'day Nick.

Welcome to the forum. There are no specific Patrol V Cruiser threads as such. I think everybody on this forum knows and understands which is the better of the two, anyway. lol

Take care out there and keep posting if you want to see the manual. Pics are good too.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

patch697
28th January 2011, 08:49 AM
hey cheers guys, glad to find a site like this, been browsing throu posts, some intersting and usefull info, I'll have to think of a few q's to post, i do have only one for now...are there any cruiser vs patrol posts?....I kno any cruiser man i run into likes to brag about how many nissans he's pulled outta trouble...but you never hear a patrol man brag about it...i guess we don't need to tho lol...no reasaurance required when you're in a patrol =P....should be some interesting and amusing stories tho...

Amusing stories..... lolololol...... & largely exaggerated by Tojo owners to I would expect.....lolololol

As a Patrol owner you can appreciate when I say we are humble ppl & just don't feel the need to rub it in to Tojo owners who has the Superior 4x4 but nor would we leave our fellow 4WDrivers stranded in the middle of know where so that why you wont find much on here on Patrol "v" Tojo.........lololololol

NissanGQ4.2
28th January 2011, 05:11 PM
Welcome 2 the forum Nick

Great bunch of guys and girls on here always willing 2 try and help out when needed

When you get a chance drop past the members map thread and post up ur location so i can add you 2 the map

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd

Woof
28th January 2011, 06:34 PM
Welcome Nick, enjoy the forum mate, I think from memory that BigCol moved his rear seats back in his GQ but I could be wrong, just send Col a PM and ask him, he will not mind.

scotchpom
30th January 2011, 02:32 PM
Righto I might have to try an locate him and see how he did it...probly have to get some custom mounts made up....I wonder if it would need QT inspection and approval.

wildgu6
30th January 2011, 10:13 PM
Hey Nick, Welcome aboard buddy,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

MS29431
4th February 2011, 06:19 PM
Welcome aboard mate
these guys have a heap of helpfull stuff on almost anything you want to know
i've got an older rig and the forum members have helped me out heaps on various issues