PDA

View Full Version : New GU 08 3.0L Diesel Buyer from Adelaide

Pajman
4th January 2014, 11:53 PM
Hi Guys, I am a Retired Mechanic, Married with 3 Kids and Live in Surrey Downs Adelaide, I am Looking for Imformation about GU Patrols, I Know they are Tough Rigs and have Recommended my Daughter and Son Inlaw to buy one, I know the very basics about the GU Models and Thats about it. I am hoping to do some Searching/Education Before Parting with Their Money. I Own a Diesel NP Pajero and I am in the Pajero Club Forum which has helped me heaps over the years. Thanks in Advance Guy and Gals. Pajman

AB
5th January 2014, 12:09 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

growler2058
5th January 2014, 05:28 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard. Great to see another crow water here.
Be wary of 2000-2003 grenade motors, unless the NADS have been done or you are doing them yourself

Edit: Just read your intro properly. GU8 no known dramas, ctach can is still advised

threedogs
5th January 2014, 07:50 AM
Might need to change your name for here lol but welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy

Dhuck
5th January 2014, 11:16 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Pajman
5th January 2014, 12:52 PM
Ha ! I was too Poor to Afford a Patrol or Cruiser, Plus the Minister of Finance had a Big Say in the Car Parking Debate, lol. I am looking for a good Patrol Diesel for the Kids, ( they can't be Converted to the Paj side ) Yes I know about the Early 3.0L Diesel Patrols, I'll have to find out what Nissan did to Fix Them? I would love for the Kids to get a 4.2 TD but I would have to Morgage my House to get a Good One now.

Patrol-Guy
5th January 2014, 01:05 PM
Hi and welcome to the forum.

MEGOMONSTER
5th January 2014, 01:41 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Pajman
5th January 2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks for your warm welcome, Yes this Forum looks Huge ! I am looking forward to learning much more about Patrols in the near future, Thanks Again.

happygu
5th January 2014, 10:17 PM
Welcome Pajman,

Lots of good things going for the 08 Common Rail Patrols, and haven't heard of too many issues with these motors either. I sure that the kids will love one - I just got back from a big Christmas trip through the Vic High Country in mine, after a double crossing on the Simpson earlier in the year, and mine has never missed a beat ....

Mic

Gecko17
5th January 2014, 10:20 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. I'm sure for kin will be happy in a patrol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

my third 256
6th January 2014, 07:37 AM
welcome mate and enjoy the experiance