PDA

View Full Version : Best way to adjust aircon belt

flashman1207
4th January 2014, 01:12 PM
Replaced all my belts on the GQ TD42 a couple of months ago and now my aircon belt is squeeling. I tried to get in there to tighten it but theres very little room (don't wanna take everything apart again). Any tricks of the trade to get it tightened? Which tools to use? I thought a long extension on the socket might do it but its slightly offset to get too....

P4trol
4th January 2014, 05:24 PM
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2014/01/3.jpgStubby ring spanner?

nissannewby
4th January 2014, 07:04 PM
Couple of 3/8 extensions and you can get it from the top. Can also undo the 24 mm locknut from the inner guard

flashman1207
5th January 2014, 01:44 AM
No room even for stubby.... Extensions might do it but not sure if it will line up (if you know what I mean). Might have to use one of them knuckle things.... off to Super crap again then...

nissannewby
5th January 2014, 10:38 AM
They go in trust me you have to go through a certain spot and it works fine. You can go in between the alternator bracket and water pump inlet. 3/8 fits perfectly

flashman1207
5th January 2014, 08:50 PM
Jeez, what a bastard of a job. After trying to go in through the guard and breaking nearly all the little plastic plugs holding the rubber inner guard in I couldn't get enough leverage to undo the 22mm locknut. So had to go in from above the radiator with an extension on the spanner to loosen it (no room for socket, fan is in way). As for the actual tensioner bolt, used a small 3/8" rachet which has a knuckle at the bottom of it. I could then turn the handle of it like a screwdriver to tighten... Hope that makes sense.

Now gonna have to go buy them plastic plus things from somewhere.....