PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

daanish
3rd January 2014, 12:33 PM
Hi all,
i've recently inherited dad's 1999 GU which was pretty much only used for regular city driving and hasn't seen any real offroad action except maybe a couple of trips onto the beach. I'm looking to get into the offroad scene and would like to learn to do at least basic maintenance myself and make my own modifications as I get more involved.
I come with very little mechanical knowledge and a few basic tools but I'm definitely keen to learn.

threedogs
3rd January 2014, 01:30 PM
Hello and welcome you should join a club to know basic recovery techniques NEVER USE THE TOWBALL
but you've come to the right spot. You inherited a very powerful 4x4, thirsty but powerful.
You could arrange to meet up with members from here who can show you the ins and out of 4x4ing.
If you don't know ask please there are no silly questions here, but jump in
anytime and enjoy

growler2058
3rd January 2014, 01:50 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard. Heaps of knowledgeable folk here who will lead you in the right direction mate

daanish
3rd January 2014, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the welcome!
threedogs, I'm lucky that I can run it on LPG, still thirsty but a little cheaper.
First thing I did was get myself the new tyres and now I'm thinking new bonnet struts are a must before I start fiddling with anything under the hood.

Winnie
3rd January 2014, 05:28 PM
G'day mate, what tyres did you get?

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

daanish
3rd January 2014, 05:59 PM
I got myself a set of Yokohama Geolander A/T-S G012s in 265/75 R16 (31.6")

Dhuck
3rd January 2014, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

AB
3rd January 2014, 07:25 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

MEGOMONSTER
3rd January 2014, 09:36 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

my third 256
4th January 2014, 12:31 PM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen