PDA

View Full Version : gq hubs to gu

dune-mad-patrol
2nd January 2014, 04:23 PM
Hey all, just killed my hugs on my gu and dont have the money to get new ones, or even after market ones, so just wondering if i get a second hand set of gq ones will they fit and what will i need from gq to fit them
Thanks

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2014, 04:53 PM
As in locking hubs? Bolt straight up.

Rumcajs
2nd January 2014, 04:57 PM
They will fit and will be better than anything else on the market however that also means they're lot harder to get. You will need new set of bolts (shorter) as well as shim/spacers to get right clearance.
Honestly if you can find genuine GQ second hand hubs which are cheaper than any aftermarket new ones than let us know where from.
Above applies to manual hubs only, auto units are straight fit.

Cheers

MudRunnerTD
2nd January 2014, 05:05 PM
They will fit and will be better than anything else on the market however that also means they're lot harder to get. You will need new set of bolts (shorter) as well as shim/spacers to get right clearance.
Honestly if you can find genuine GQ second hand hubs which are cheaper than any aftermarket new ones than let us know where from.
Above applies to manual hubs only, auto units are straight fit.

Cheers

What he said mate. I would expect you to get the bolts with the hubs though and the egg ring spacer must be part of the deal.

Yes they would be considered an upgrade. If yours are auto hubs and you can find auto hubs off a GQ then they are identical. Expect to pay $150 to $200 for GQ manual hubs

dune-mad-patrol
2nd January 2014, 08:10 PM
ok cool, so as long as i take all the bits off they will fit up going to try a few places around my area and see what i can find
Thanks for all your help

my third 256
3rd January 2014, 04:36 AM
so what has happened to them if its the auto part that has shit itself you can remove ring and turn them into manual
here is a link to this
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?596-Fixing-GQ-GU-auto-hubs

dune-mad-patrol
3rd January 2014, 08:12 AM
yeah i have done that to them before, now one has broken completely and the other wont stay locked in

Are the GQ auto hubs any good as i have just found a pair that i can get, just need to know if they any good
Thanks

dune-mad-patrol
4th January 2014, 08:13 AM
Hey all
GQ hubs are installed, now i got to get some mates to join this arvo and head out sand and test them out :)
Thanks for you help and advice

Fakeofergbo
22nd May 2014, 05:23 PM
dune mad patrol just wondering how your conversion went? i am looking at doing the same thing as i have been advised that auto hubs plus an air locker is bad news, i have sourced a set of gq manual hubs for 100 bucks. did they bolt straight in? what is this egg ring spacer and shims i am hearing about, or are those parts all included with a gq hub?

MudRunnerTD
22nd May 2014, 06:04 PM
They should included with the hubs when you buy them mate, make sure the seller includes everything then they are a straight bolt up. $100 is a good price.