PDA

View Full Version : New member Col73

Col73
1st January 2014, 12:53 PM
Hi All,
Own a 2000 Nissan Patrol Wagon, 3.0 L Turbo Diesel. Have had it since 2007, been great until a workmate placed a jinx on me about a year and a half ago telling me about them being the "hand grenades". Next minute, December 14 she stopped (220 082 klms) on a nice busy intersection. Apparently engine totally no good, mechanic said he had not seen it before. In the process of deciding what to do? Open to ideas, looking at having to spend up to $10 g, fixing. Next option is to sell as is, how much to expect for it??
Ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks.
(In Mackay. Qld)

threedogs
1st January 2014, 12:56 PM
Hi mate and welcome you could replace it with a crate motor or do a 4.2TD transplant.
If you do the crate motor highly advise you NADS it to be safe

growler2058
1st January 2014, 01:01 PM
Gday Col welcome aboard (happy new year) bummer mate, look at a td42 implant

Rumcajs
1st January 2014, 01:05 PM
Hi there and welcome to the forum.
To sell it as "it is" you aren't gonna get much for it. Certainly not 10 grand you are expected to fix it.
So either cut your "losses" and don't spend another coin on it but you probably going to need another car so chances are even more coin, or spend 10 grand and have the car back.
I'm guessing yours is full stock unmodified vehicle when it comes to engine protection so you can also do all the required mods and the engine is going to last another 200 K + but maybe the rest of the car isn't.
Consider the age of the vehicle vs the returns on fixing it. If you don't intend to keep it for a while you will loose money either way especially if you aren't handy with tools or have access to cheaper parts.

Cheers

Dales300exc
1st January 2014, 01:07 PM
If you were in vic id cosider buying as is.

Col73
1st January 2014, 01:14 PM
Hey Dales300exc, what do you think you would offer out of curiosity? I'm in QLD anyway.

Dales300exc
1st January 2014, 01:24 PM
Ive seen a couple with dead zd30s around the 5k mark. Unsure if they sold at that though.

I guess it comes down to what you really want though. 5k isnt a lot and wont do a great deal in replacing your 4wd. To convert to 4.2 still isnt a cheap exercise but would give you a far more reliable car. Just depends if you do the work or others. As costs would add up very very quickly.

my third 256
2nd January 2014, 07:16 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

AB
2nd January 2014, 07:44 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

PMC
2nd January 2014, 05:09 PM
Hi All,
Own a 2000 Nissan Patrol Wagon, 3.0 L Turbo Diesel. Have had it since 2007, been great until a workmate placed a jinx on me about a year and a half ago telling me about them being the "hand grenades". Next minute, December 14 she stopped (220 082 klms) on a nice busy intersection. Apparently engine totally no good, mechanic said he had not seen it before. In the process of deciding what to do? Open to ideas, looking at having to spend up to $10 g, fixing. Next option is to sell as is, how much to expect for it??
Ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks.
(In Mackay. Qld)

G’day Col73,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

RLI

Dhuck
2nd January 2014, 09:08 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd January 2014, 09:17 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Bigcol
2nd January 2014, 09:18 PM
Hiya Col
welcome to the forum of Knowledge (or is that fountain??)

lots of people will help you spend you coin for you........
what do YOU want to do?
whats the Coin situation - flash with cash or 3 mortgages and 5 kids??
replace the vehicle - cut your losses?
replace the engine - crate 3L or go for a 4.2 conversion or re-build the current engine?
depending on how handy you are with the spanners, depends on how much it will cost you.

in any way - we the Forum are here to help, thats for sure

cheers