PDA

View Full Version : New to the site, and need help with buying a car.

agius91
29th December 2013, 10:52 PM
I'm looking for a Nissan Patrol Gu 4.2 preferably 05-06.
I'm really keen on a coil cab Dx or St I'm not bothered white or grey not a big fan of red and gold.
It's needs be 150,000 kilometers or under.
My main concerns are, it needs to be coil cab, very clean, mechanically a1 serviced regularly.
And hasn't been through too much. I'm willing to spend up to $32,000.

the evil twin
29th December 2013, 11:13 PM
Keep an eye out on Gumtree, Cobber http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-cars-vans-utes/patrol+ute/caryear-2004__2006/k0c18320

There are heaps esp if you allow an extra few K's (not sure why the 150K limit) altho there are quite a few under that 200K's is nothing on a TD42 coily esp over this side of the world

If you want a coily then let your mates pass to the 'keeper and get what you want

agius91
29th December 2013, 11:23 PM
The plan is to keep this car for a long time, was hoping to get something with as little k's as possible.

the evil twin
29th December 2013, 11:33 PM
The plan is to keep this car for a long time, was hoping to get something with as little k's as possible.

Cool, I understand that. An observation if I may.

Patrols are a bit of a different critter to a lot of vehicles esp TD42's.
K's are probably the last thing to be concerned about
Given a level comparison on all else mechanical about a vehicle I would buy a later year with more K's than an early one with less.
The reason being that a lot of the things that become problematic in a Patrol are age related more than K's

Diff's, G'box, TD42, indeed the whole Patrol drive train will last for several 100's of thou with just routine maintenance of fluids, filters etc.

What I mean is that if you pull down a TD42 that has 250K and another that has 150K you will want an electron micrscope to pick the diffference

Just sayin' is all...

agius91
30th December 2013, 01:08 AM
Thanks for the help. Very much appreciate it.

growler2058
30th December 2013, 04:14 AM
G'day mate welcome aboard
Service history service history service history DOCUMENTED especially early in its life. Did I say service history? :)

threedogs
30th December 2013, 06:54 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum I'd be buying your mates
and with the extra money cut the leaf spring from the front and fit a coil front to it.
Keep looking something will pop up, look at auctions for ex Telstra jobs

my third 256
30th December 2013, 08:40 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Dhuck
30th December 2013, 10:07 AM
Welcome to the forum mate.

PMC
2nd January 2014, 05:16 PM
I'm looking for a Nissan Patrol Gu 4.2 preferably 05-06.
I'm really keen on a coil cab Dx or St I'm not bothered white or grey not a big fan of red and gold.
It's needs be 150,000 kilometers or under.
My main concerns are, it needs to be coil cab, very clean, mechanically a1 serviced regularly.
And hasn't been through too much. I'm willing to spend up to $32,000.

My dilemma is, a very good friend of mine is selling a patrol, with 130,000
It is Leaf and from my research coil is alot better? Its a 2006 for 28,000. It has been religiously serviced and only been towing a dingo 1.2 tonne.
But I only have about 3 weeks to make up my mind.
Call Michael on 0423 064 921
I'm located in Victoria but I would travel interstate for the right vehicle.
You"ll also find this post in the wanted section. If you could help me it would be much appreciated thanks.

G’day agius91,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

RLI

MEGOMONSTER
2nd January 2014, 09:14 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.