PDA

View Full Version : bit of help

elmo4eva
29th December 2013, 11:35 PM
Yer well I installed a cd player in the maverick but I couldnt find the constant power wire I did but there was no power at all in it any surgestions

NP99
30th December 2013, 12:00 AM
Any power at the fuse?

Parksy
30th December 2013, 12:06 AM
Make a new one directly from the battery. Chuck on a 15amp fuse as close to the battery.

Did the maverick have an existing head unit? Have you used a multimeter to find out what's what?

elmo4eva
30th December 2013, 06:12 AM
Yer ive read the wiring diagram I got all the wirers but I might have to go with making a new one

threedogs
30th December 2013, 08:02 AM
Are you running it through accessories or
just hot wired to your AUX battery via a 15a fuse

elmo4eva
30th December 2013, 10:24 AM
The fuse is fine but just no power

Ian2011
30th December 2013, 10:31 AM
If there is no power at the fuse, you will need to back probe the wire to find a break or if your car (not familiar with Maverick) has a fuse block under the bonnet as well as one in the car, you may have popped a fuse there. I know this after installing a new unit in my car the other week and accidentally touching power to earth (should have disconnected the battery first). I checked all radio associated fuses in the car, they were good, a check under the bonnet found a fuse which was not labelled as being "radio" which was the issue.

elmo4eva
30th December 2013, 02:55 PM
Wot does it look like the fuse under the bonnet wot colour or photos the cd player was already in the car wen I got it but it was hooked on constant they did a doggie wiring job in the the first place so I decided to hook it up proply but no constant power but so I used the acc power lol but still would like to get a constant wprking again

Winnie
30th December 2013, 02:59 PM
Wot does it look like the fuse under the bonnet wot colour or photos the cd player was already in the car wen I got it but it was hooked on constant they did a doggie wiring job in the the first place so I decided to hook it up proply but no constant power but so I used the acc power lol but still would like to get a constant wprking again

You should have two power wires at the CD player, a red wire and a thicker yellow wire. If they had it wired up as constant power then use the wire they used on the yellow wire and connect the red wire to accessories.

elmo4eva
30th December 2013, 02:59 PM
Normally im good as these things but not the mavericks but willing to learn and learn more bout other stuff in it

elmo4eva
30th December 2013, 03:11 PM
It was doggy so I might make a proper one

threedogs
30th December 2013, 03:38 PM
I ran a new wire straight from the AUX battery to the head unit , this way
when parked I could listen to the radio and still be able to start the Patrol
.Only down side was had to turn radio on/off all the time , but was no big deal

GQ TANK
30th December 2013, 03:54 PM
Have you checked the ground

elmo4eva