PDA

View Full Version : For your winch may be

threedogs
27th December 2013, 10:47 AM
Spied this at a shop this morning in my travels , looks neat no idea on price but sticks out so don't know how the boys in blue/black would take it

NP99
27th December 2013, 10:49 AM
Don't let the do gooders see it.....:)

Mud Gecko
27th December 2013, 10:56 AM
$165 from snake racing. I had been looking to buy one but I'm still not sure, I like the versatility of a hook.....

http://www.snakeracing.com.au/Factor55-ProLink-winch-hook.html

threedogs
27th December 2013, 11:07 AM
I brought the winch saver from the states , its a solid piece of rubber that acts as a winch blanket as well
I think MR uses one .
Would not like to be hit in the head with it but most now use Dyneema or Plasma style rope

sooty_10
27th December 2013, 10:44 PM
38414 this is mine, it's from Viking off-road in the states, I got them to install it onto the rope when I bought it. Also when I installed it I forgot to put the rubber disk behind the alloy head to cushion it a bit, but there is one there now. Whenever I use it I just attach the tree protector/straps with a d-shackle. Couldn't think why I would need it to be a hook, also it is made from alloy and weighs next to nothing.

megatexture
27th December 2013, 11:42 PM
i perfer a hook that way im not farking about with a shackle and one less thing i need to rember to grab in a rush. though most standard hooks are crap and dont like to fit two loops of a strap easily. mine will be getting upgraded soon to one of the lockable type

menace 2
28th December 2013, 02:23 AM
I am sure some idiot would try and snatch off it !...seen them as ARB...to be honest with you , I didnt know what they were for and moved on LOL

megatexture
28th December 2013, 02:27 AM
Idiots will snatch off anything! I've seen a guy snatch warping the strap around the shackle on a leaf sprung yota

threedogs
28th December 2013, 06:48 AM
@ MEGA have a look in your local TJM shop they sell Gold zinc plated latch-lok hooks for Dyneema rope.
$35 so very affordable IMO