PDA

View Full Version : WAECO 50ltr on sale.

Patrol-Guy
26th December 2013, 02:36 PM
WACO 50ltr on sale at BCF for $899! Gotta be a good deal?

threedogs
26th December 2013, 03:06 PM
are you after it for yourself ??

Patrol-Guy
26th December 2013, 03:09 PM
Yes, does that make a difference?

threedogs
26th December 2013, 03:22 PM
Nah not all , is it just a fridge/freezer or does it have like a dual zone in it.
I'm an Engel guy but nothing wrong with Waeco, could be end of model run out
sounds like a good price as a 40 lt is around $1000 plus, If you buy see if you can get the travel cover
and fridge slide thrown in.

Patrol-Guy
26th December 2013, 03:28 PM
Was looking at the Engels but the WAECO being $400 off for the next 3 days is a pretty good offer. It's a fridge/freezer, dunno what dual zone is.

threedogs
26th December 2013, 03:33 PM
dual zone is fridge one zone and freezer second zone I'd buy it at that price sounds like a bargain ,
can you put the link up lol I only found out a week ago how to put up a link, Damn you MR lol

megatexture
26th December 2013, 03:37 PM
Doubt its a model runout as the CFX range is only new and when they came out we got a 50 ltr for $500 with a bag

What model is it , not a cdf is it ?

threedogs
26th December 2013, 03:45 PM
50LT for $500 Are they a proper fridge,
not just 20 degrees below ambient

megatexture
26th December 2013, 04:01 PM
Proper one(single zone 50 below ambient) it was a big runout of the old model sale , if you think that's good a mate bought a 40 ltr and it was faulty and they had no more in stock so they gave him a 50 ltr to replace it ..... Then the 50 was playing up also. We checked it out and traced it back to a loose terminal on his aux battery! So he got upgraded for bloody nothing!

lhurley
26th December 2013, 05:39 PM
The 50l on special now is the older model. Not the cfx. I looked at it as well, but I was after a cfx as they have a tougher outside and better power consumption. I got a cfx40 :)

megatexture
26th December 2013, 05:41 PM
Jeez I thought they would have cleared them out already

megatexture
26th December 2013, 05:47 PM
The 50l on special now is the older model. Not the cfx. I looked at it as well, but I was after a cfx as they have a tougher outside and better power consumption. I got a cfx40 :)

About the only thing I see better about the CFX over cf is the USB plug and a better latch, the rest is cosmetic apart from the " Waeco own" compressor that time will tell how good they are.

But would buy any over an engel lol.

lhurley
26th December 2013, 05:47 PM
Jeez I thought they would have cleared them out already

What's that?? The older stock? They may still make them as a budget model? You can buy them from super cheap as well.

lhurley
26th December 2013, 05:51 PM
About the only thing I see better about the CFX over cf is the USB plug and a better latch, the rest is cosmetic apart from the " Waeco own" compressor that time will tell how good they are.

But would buy any over an engel lol.

The reason I opted for the cfx is because they use less power. I was looking at the fridges at my local bcf the other day, not sure what they had done to their displays but they were well weathered. The cfx range was a bit grubby that's about it, then Engels were all dinted and scratched and looked like shot. The other few brands looked pretty average as well.

Patrol-Guy
26th December 2013, 05:57 PM
So off I went and got me one of those older out of date 50ltr jobs for $899 with free protector cover. I'm happy.

It's not advertised on the BCF website. The new CFX50 is but that is $1299 so I'm happy I saved $400 smackeroos on the old model.

AB
26th December 2013, 05:58 PM
So off I went and got me one of those older out of date 50ltr jobs for $899 with free protector cover. I'm happy.

It's not advertised on the BCF website. The new CFX50 is but that is $1299 so I'm happy I saved $400 smackeroos on the old model.

I've got the older mate and its being through hell and never let me down.

You'll love it...enjoy!!!

Patrol-Guy
26th December 2013, 06:00 PM
dual zone is fridge one zone and freezer second zone I'd buy it at that price sounds like a bargain ,
can you put the link up lol I only found out a week ago how to put up a link, Damn you MR lol

Thanks, yes it is a dual zone job. Very nice indeed.

megatexture
26th December 2013, 06:07 PM
What's that?? The older stock? They may still make them as a budget model? You can buy them from super cheap as well.

Yea they are the lower models the cdf range that don't get as cold

Patrol-Guy
26th December 2013, 06:30 PM
I found it.

http://www.bcf.com.au/online-store/products/Waeco-CF50-Fridge-Freezer-Pack.aspx?pid=134789#Cross

BigRAWesty
26th December 2013, 08:34 PM
You'll see some good bargains. We picked our cf50 up for $600 as a clearance run.
With bag.

threedogs
27th December 2013, 03:03 PM
Now you need to set up your dual battery system, and still be able to start your patrol.
Run ALL your accessories from your AUX battery and leave your start battery for just that starting.
Good pick up you're on your way LOL

trekster
27th December 2013, 03:06 PM
The dual zone is a massive rort if you ask me, I looked at them as I was decided on buiying a dedicated dual zone, Funnily enough its not really a "dual zone" as they say, all it is is a insulated divider which allows the cold side to get far colder then the other side....

There is no settings to set side a to x and side b to y

In the end I just bought a cfx 40

Once its at temperature I've left it on my start battery for an hour and a half and still started fine, it seems to draw stuff all power.

cheers,
Eric.

Avo
28th December 2013, 04:38 PM
And I still use an esky,load me big one up with ice and just put a bag into the food esky about every 2 days,going to suss out a good solar panel system for a fridge then might do the swap,oh that'll be after I recon the transmission...arrrrrg.