PDA

View Full Version : Teewah Beach

2TROLLFAM
23rd December 2013, 01:20 AM
Hey Strangers ... Ooops, I'm the stranger now aren't I !!!!!!

We're heading upto Teewah Beach on the 12th January for 10 hopefully lovely days of camping. This will be Seamus' first real camping trip and just wanted to ask a question about the sand.

Taking the trailer up and being that Seamus is an automatic do I opt for High or Low range & do I leave him drive?? More concerned with getting on & off the beach because we will be pretty loaded up and i've only ever driven a manual on sand (and even then only a couple of times)

ALL the kids are coming so don't want to get stuck before we even get there ;)

threedogs
23rd December 2013, 06:05 AM
Welcome back and Merry Xmas stranger

Bulbous
23rd December 2013, 06:27 AM
Deflate the tires to 14PSI front and 12PSI rear. Then put in 4 HI. Use the Tiptronic to control the engine revs so that you're in the sweetspot for power.
If you're not sure then do 4 LO, but remember too much power (torque) can lead to more digging.
Autos are tuned for use on road so they will go for economy and rob power to achieve it.

Don't forget to deflate the trailer or it will act as an anchor.

2TROLLFAM
24th December 2013, 06:27 AM
Thanx for the tip - appreciated !!! ;)

2TROLLFAM
23rd January 2014, 10:43 AM
Well we survived !!! Teewah for 11days - arrived around 11am Sunday 12th and left yesterday around 3pm.

Seamus handled the sand beautifully and even pulled Amelia out once when Brad got her bogged !! LOL

Day 1

Sand Castle & Moat that Brad and I made (kids gave up cuz we were too particular LOL)

Kids at the big water hole on Rainbow Beach side of the Leisha Track

Need a "Nissan Patrol Forum Flag"!!

Avo
23rd January 2014, 07:34 PM
So how did you like the auto in the sand,i love mine...the way it kicks down and keeps going and not losing momemtum while changing gears..

Oh and welcome back aswell...

Sonterr
23rd January 2014, 07:57 PM
Looks the goods mate, I'm heading up that way to rainbow this australia day weekend for my first trip in new gu - shame its a little drissley

MEGOMONSTER
23rd January 2014, 08:21 PM
Glad to see ya home safe and sound.
Looks like you had more fun on the beach than the kids. Lol

2TROLLFAM
23rd January 2014, 08:45 PM
So how did you like the auto in the sand,i love mine...the way it kicks down and keeps going and not losing momemtum while changing gears..

Oh and welcome back aswell...

1st & 2nd were my friend - leaving it drive was ok for hard sand but in the soft stuff he was blown smoke in drive. Drop it back to 2nd and hey presto no smoke :) FREEKING highway was a shit for smoke & power loss (on the hills around Cooroy)

I was worried sick about the cutting out to beach & back towing the trailer & canoe on roof but he powered through no problem - very proud of my boy

2TROLLFAM
23rd January 2014, 08:48 PM
Looks the goods mate, I'm heading up that way to rainbow this australia day weekend for my first trip in new gu - shame its a little drissley

We had rain nearly every 2nd night but only light. Did 3 trips to Rainbow whilst up there ... Mudlo Rocks is nearly all covered in sand so an easy crossing with right tide. We camped exactly 9klm south of the shower block at Freshwater so wasn't an overly time consuming trip.

2TROLLFAM
23rd January 2014, 08:49 PM
Glad to see ya home safe and sound.
Looks like you had more fun on the beach than the kids. Lol

YES we did!!! Kids hated the no technology rule - plus no service at camp so there was some complaining but all in all they had fun!!

megatexture
23rd January 2014, 09:38 PM
I bet its different to the last time you were there lol

2TROLLFAM
23rd January 2014, 10:26 PM
I bet its different to the last time you were there lol

Gawd last time was 2yrs ago when Brad had just bought Amelia. Was just him & I and a freeking TENT .... I remember we couldn't get through Mudlo but King Bore track was fun :) it's closed at beach now :( bit of a mess there

2TROLLFAM
23rd January 2014, 10:29 PM
Some pics off camera

megatexture
23rd January 2014, 11:49 PM
Nice campsite btw! it's now starting to look normal again after last aust day weekend storms that destroyed the beach and a couple of the lower sites were washed away

We were going to go there this weekend for my bday but we've decided against it as the last 2 Australia Days on teewah have been evacuated every time we go! So f-that lol.

2TROLLFAM
24th January 2014, 03:00 AM
Nice campsite btw! it's now starting to look normal again after last aust day weekend storms that destroyed the beach and a couple of the lower sites were washed away

We were going to go there this weekend for my bday but we've decided against it as the last 2 Australia Days on teewah have been evacuated every time we go! So f-that lol.

I wanted to stay but kids were over it!! Beaches are looking good again although tides seem higher than I remember.

Don't think id be risking an evac again either ... Thankfully we had simply beautiful weather

View from the Brekky table :)

Stropp
24th January 2014, 04:49 PM
looks like a great holiday