PDA

View Full Version : Underbody karcher unit

AB
22nd December 2013, 02:54 PM
I saw that new underbody attachment on tv the other day and thought has anyone got one???

Feedback?

Would be good if the pressure was decent. I'm sick of laying on the ground in the mud trying to clean everything.

I've got oodles of water now with my tanks so happy to throw it under and sit back...lol

Maxhead
22nd December 2013, 02:57 PM
What you talking about Willis?
Pics? Links?

Never seen one but sounds good

MudRunnerTD
22nd December 2013, 03:08 PM
I have an attachment for the Girni that is a right angle!!! It's a winner. Still have to get down low but I can blast straight up from horizontal!

Winnie
22nd December 2013, 03:09 PM
Is this it?

http://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-under-car-chassis-cleaner_p6270397

AB
22nd December 2013, 03:10 PM
http://www.bunnings.com.au/karcher-under-car-chassis-cleaner_p6270397#image

169 bucks though...lol

Might have to keep getting down and dirty!!!

Winnie
22nd December 2013, 03:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FttzfyvXWVs

threedogs
22nd December 2013, 03:13 PM
Don't Masso-jet make all different angled bits to get into all the nooks and crannies
Might run out of oomph if your Patrol is too high

Parksy
22nd December 2013, 03:15 PM
Chassis wax? Interesting. Cheers!

Maxhead
22nd December 2013, 03:17 PM
I think I'll get down and dirty on this one..LOL

oncedisturbed
22nd December 2013, 03:17 PM
I prefer the Girni one but still 50+ bucks for a piece of plastic but it won't fit Karcher

TimE
22nd December 2013, 03:39 PM
You want one of these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GikXdzX1us

Clunk
22nd December 2013, 04:10 PM
Just park it over the reticulation. If you don't have it, use your neighbours

sil3nt_dr3ams
22nd December 2013, 04:17 PM
haha whats wrong with getting on your hands and knees and getting right in there. You end up covered in shit and wet but at least you know you got everything.

Maxhead
22nd December 2013, 04:30 PM
Just park it over the reticulation.
..and what is that?? I'm curious!

growler2058
22nd December 2013, 04:31 PM
GIMMIC!!!
KeeP AWAY AB!!!

lhurley
22nd December 2013, 05:23 PM
I have actually used one, they are cool and some what convenient, but they suck a big hairy one. Used it once, returned it.
They arent powerful enough at a 4x4 height to work properly and they dont get any of the mud stuck on any of the flat surfaces (cross members etc).

What is handy on most karchers is the detergent tube. You know that little bit of clear pipe hanging out the front of the unit near the power switch?? that is for detergent. Chuck that sucker in some diluted truck wash and spray away (still need to have the unit on and have hose water). Should also note that it will suck through a litre of detergent in no time no dilute it a lot. It says to use it with the nozel off the handle, and while that works great, i dont see why you couldnt have pressurized soapy water.

Clunk
22nd December 2013, 07:01 PM
..and what is that?? I'm curious!

google is your friend

sil3nt_dr3ams
22nd December 2013, 07:14 PM
reticulation is pop up sprinklers on laws, sprayers in garden beds.

Maxhead
22nd December 2013, 07:39 PM
google is your friend

And I ferkink did....still confused???

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/reticulation

WTF you on about???

growler2058
22nd December 2013, 07:41 PM
Poo water sprinkler

megatexture
22nd December 2013, 07:49 PM
Don't Masso-jet make all different angled bits to get into all the nooks and crannies
Might run out of oomph if your Patrol is too high

They are crap! Got one and it lasted a year... I got the one that also links to a compressor. It was good while it lasted

I now have the same as mudrunner and it works good

Hodge
22nd December 2013, 07:50 PM
I

What is handy on most karchers is the detergent tube. You know that little bit of clear pipe hanging out the front of the unit near the power switch?? that is for detergent. Chuck that sucker in some diluted truck wash and spray away (still need to have the unit on and have hose water). Should also note that it will suck through a litre of detergent in no time no dilute it a lot. It says to use it with the nozel off the handle, and while that works great, i dont see why you couldnt have pressurized soapy water.

That's my favorite feature of the karcher. I drive the car up on stands to give it a tad more clearance to get under. Then pressure wash as much as I can off. Then mix warm water with Ct18 sucked out of a bucket by that detergent nozzle and with low pressure soak everything. Come back 2-3 beers later and there will be a ton of crap waiting on the ground already. The rest is loosened up ready to be hammered off with high pressure.
The thing about those undercar wash gimmics is, the fact cars have a lot of nooks and crannys, that thing would not be able to get at.

Clunk
22nd December 2013, 09:51 PM
Poo water sprinkler

mines posh...... runs off the mains water lol....................................

none of that poo smelling brown stuff for me

sooty_10
23rd December 2013, 07:59 AM
My gernie has a bottle which has a nozzle and attaches on the end of the pressure gun, fill it with detergent and away you go. Uses siphoning action to suck up the detergent and spray it on with high pressure. I still haven't managed to use a whole bottle filled with ct18 while washing the car so no need I dilute it in my opinion. As for that under chassis washer massive gimmick for 4x4s but could be alright for normal cars which don't generally get mud underneath them in the little nooks and crannies, still wa.nk factor though.

rusty00
20th July 2015, 11:01 PM
I have been using the deck cleaner but upside down, works okay and think it would do a better job than the under car thingy.
Like the manoverable unit.