PDA

View Full Version : service

rosco01
21st December 2013, 11:05 AM
Hi all, going to service my zd30 this weekend, jist wondering what products I will need as well as best brands to use. Thanks.

SonOf
21st December 2013, 11:14 AM
Gday Rosco

There are a few really good posts on oils brand preferences on here, just do a search.

For me, I used to use 10W 40 oil, usually Valvolene as that is what I was getting in 20ltr drums making it easy for me. Suggest you also replace the air filter and oil filter, both you can source from Repco or Supercheap etc, just get your make, model etc and use their manuals in store to get the right ones. You can recycle the sump washer or grab a new one while you are at the shops.

Would also suggest you grab a grease gun and some grease to do the uni joints while you are under the truck.

kevin07
21st December 2013, 11:21 AM
I use penrite all the way through, engine 10-40 semi synth, diffs ,auto. coolant will be genuine in the new year. next time your going to do it you can buy a filter kit on ebay or go straight to them through say western or Sydney filters or im sure theres some compamy close to you most of them use coopers filters which don't void warranty

threedogs
21st December 2013, 11:30 AM
Gee I use 5/40 Penrite with no probs ,but heaps written on oils.
Filter wise I used RYCO for the oil and fuel.
Don't forget to spray your MAF, disconnect your battery too whilst servicing the Patrol.
Inspect any earths you can see. I will be running extra earth straps early in the new year

NP99
21st December 2013, 11:52 AM
If money is a bit tight wait til the oil specials come on. Repco, SCA etc have specials all the time. The stores will also price match each other. If you have an auto card Repco drop 10% for you.