PDA

View Full Version : Headlight warning buzzer

Mud Gecko
19th December 2013, 09:36 AM
Hey guys, my headlight warning buzzer has stopped working all of a sudden? I'm not really sure where to start looking, the door switch still works (turns interior lights on) but no buzzer. I've checked fuses but thats about it.

I know I can get a kit from Jaycar but I would prefer to work out why my old one isn't working. Anyone got any ideas? Where is the actual buzzer located?

MudRunnerTD
19th December 2013, 10:19 AM
When you figure it out if you can let me know so i can do the same Mod that would be awesome ;)

threedogs
19th December 2013, 10:21 AM
Its located under the steering column behind the plastic cover

NP99
19th December 2013, 08:40 PM
Once you find it just swap it out with a buzzer from sca or repco

Mud Gecko
19th December 2013, 08:48 PM
Had a look a few minutes ago and couldn't find it? To be honest, I'm not even sure what I'm looking for :icon_bonk:

NP99
19th December 2013, 10:11 PM
Some are about the size of 50c piece and vents for the noise, others can be cylinder in shape.

gbab01
19th December 2013, 11:58 PM
The buzzer is dirt cheap to buy. I would replace that first as others have suggested (Jaycar sell them) and if that's not good go from there.

Yendor
20th December 2013, 12:06 AM
I think the early GUs the buzzer is mounted under the radio on the RHS.

In my series 4 it sounds like the buzzer is either mounted behind the instrument cluster or is part of the instrument cluster.

Mud Gecko
20th December 2013, 02:44 PM
I appreciate your input guys, I'm on holidays starting tomorrow (f'kn yay!) so I'll go on the hunt for this buzzer. I'll report back with my findings :)

Btw, if someone reading this has a series 2/3 GU if they could they have a bit of a listen for where the buzzer is, it would help heaps!

threedogs
20th December 2013, 03:28 PM
I'll go have a listen now for you .
Couldn't for the life of me figure it out GMB