PDA

View Full Version : Tb45 engine stall

cjbidder22
18th December 2013, 06:47 PM
I installed a snorkel on my 98st duel fuel it ran well until I went to exit the freeway when I backed off the engine stalled. I switched to petrol and restarted and away I went however every time I went back to gas it stalled on back off... it also stalled on the fuel but only once and I drove it today on fuel no dramas but as soon as I switch back to gas same issue. .. i will be greatful of some advice before I get to the mechanics Thankyou

Bob
18th December 2013, 06:50 PM
Try facing your Snorkel backwards

lhurley
18th December 2013, 06:52 PM
It has something to do with excess pressure in the air intake because the snorkel creates a 'ram air effect'. The way around it is, to put an equalizer pipe that connects to either side of the maf. This is to release some of that pressure.

Even though you dont want to take it to the mechanic, it pays to keep you gas system well tuned. 2 birds with 1 stone?

cjbidder22
18th December 2013, 07:01 PM
Will try turning the head backward. .. and I have booked with mechanic tomorrow just wanted to have an idea about what I would or wouldn't be purchasing...... thankyou

NP99
19th December 2013, 03:22 PM
You need to mention Hurls comment about the balance tube, a lot of mechs don't know about it...

threedogs
19th December 2013, 03:26 PM
Was going to say it needs a balance tube but you beat me to it

arbee
19th December 2013, 09:59 PM
mine was the same until i put balancing pipe in and then it ran nice again.