PDA

View Full Version : Rear awning 2 reasonable price

threedogs
18th December 2013, 08:12 AM
Hi all here's a rear awning at a reasonable price, combine with your side awning,
just buy shade sail and stitch it up to fill in the gap from side to rear awning

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/190985388864?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Think this mob is Powerful 4x4

gramgramfirey
28th December 2013, 04:26 PM
Hey threedogs,
I purchased a similar type of rear awning from www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/
On special a couple of weeks ago for $135....yes, $135.
Great Quality, but made to fit on the side of you 4wd, so to fit to rear had to fabricate some brackets.
Not too difficult, just had to think about it a while.
Cheers

threedogs
28th December 2013, 04:31 PM
The link isn't working.
Yeah not too hard to fashion some brackets.
I made my roof rack and missed welding heaps of things on it before I powder coated it.
Like shovel and a hi-lift jack holder, oh well

NissanGQ4.2
28th December 2013, 05:18 PM
The link isn't working.

Should be fixed now John

MudRunnerTD
28th December 2013, 07:08 PM
I have a side and rear awning on the GUIV. Great combo. Don't use the back as much as he side but it's so simple that I can pull it out to make some lunch in the shade or just to out the fridge in the shade whole parked up.

Works great in the rain and the snow for that same thing too!

Winnie
28th December 2013, 09:08 PM
I have a side and rear awning on the GUIV. Great combo. Don't use the back as much as he side but it's so simple that I can pull it out to make some lunch in the shade or just to out the fridge in the shade whole parked up.

Works great in the rain and the snow for that same thing too!

Would be great to have for fridge access in the rain... I want one.

mudski
28th December 2013, 11:20 PM
I wouldn't mind a rear awning but only want something to come out just past the doors and have no poles.

menace 2
29th December 2013, 07:37 PM
just bought one of those ...will be interesting to see how good it is

menace 2
29th December 2013, 07:40 PM
I wouldn't mind a rear awning but only want something to come out just past the doors and have no poles.

just cut the swing outs down to the length you want mudski. ( you could even change them over if you wanted them bigger in diameter)...over the distance you are talking about , it would canterlever easy

MudRunnerTD
29th December 2013, 07:46 PM

there is no reason i dont think why you could not drop the poles down and then angle both back towards the car and support on the rear step. they are adjustable in length and then they'd be out of your way. Not really that big a deal though to be honest. they dont get in the way at all.

Drewboyaus
29th December 2013, 09:07 PM
there is no reason i dont think why you could not drop the poles down and then angle both back towards the car and support on the rear step. they are adjustable in length and then they'd be out of your way. Not really that big a deal though to be honest. they dont get in the way at all.

You'd need to find a way of securing it because any breath of wind will send it flying.
The awning I have in the back is a SupaPeg one. No guy ropes, it pegs through the foot of the vertical pole.
I used my rear awning on this years snow run on that first night when we arrived at camp and it was howling wind and sleeting. Worked a treat! I was able to cook and eat out of the rain and snow at the back doors.
Didn't stop the cold though!

Clunk
29th December 2013, 09:10 PM
You'd need to find a way of securing it because any breath of wind will send it flying.
The awning I have in the back is a SupaPeg one. No guy ropes, it pegs through the foot of the vertical pole.
I used my rear awning on this years snow run on that first night when we arrived at camp and it was howling wind and sleeting. Worked a treat! I was able to cook and eat out of the rain and snow at the back doors.

Guy ropes would secure it surely????!!!!

MudRunnerTD
29th December 2013, 09:18 PM

Yes I peg mine down 99% of the time and leave the rope attached permanently. Simple enough. I only suggested that setup if Poles were not wanted it I think any counter levered rear awning would fail in the condition you describe Drew.

I love my side and rear awning.great setup Rain, Hail or Shine.

Drewboyaus
29th December 2013, 09:33 PM
Guy ropes would secure it surely????!!!!

Sorry, wasn't very clear. I was referring to the solution Daz was talking about; cantilevering off the rear step with the poles.

menace 2
29th December 2013, 09:40 PM
mudski is only talking about it coming out to the width of the doors ...1 mtr maximum ...not a full awning

mudski
29th December 2013, 10:20 PM
I just want something simple, that I just pull out and thats it. I know its not really a big deal, but if it makes things easier and quicker, I'll do it. I don't really want to pull up, pull out the awning, drop the poles, get the ropes, pegs and hammer out. Pull up and pull out is all I want to do :)

Winnie
29th December 2013, 10:25 PM
You lazy boy mark! Bahahaha

mudski
29th December 2013, 11:12 PM
Not being lazy, well kinda is, it's more so just simplifying something thats almost simple in itself. I see no need for poles and an awning that big.

MudRunnerTD
29th December 2013, 11:16 PM
I just want something simple, that I just pull out and thats it. I know its not really a big deal, but if it makes things easier and quicker, I'll do it. I don't really want to pull up, pull out the awning, drop the poles, get the ropes, pegs and hammer out. Pull up and pull out is all I want to do :)

Hey Mark Next time i see you if i am in the GUIV i will roll t out for you mate. Under 1 minute and your in the shade mate! I am not sure how much easier it could get to be honest. Ever watched someone get a fox wing happening?? Funny that!

Clunk
30th December 2013, 01:19 AM
Sorry, wasn't very clear. I was referring to the solution Daz was talking about; cantilevering off the rear step with the poles.

Fully understood bud but you can still secure with guy ropes if required.

Drewboyaus
30th December 2013, 06:36 AM
Fully understood bud but you can still secure with guy ropes if required.

Sure, you probably can but kinda defeats the purpose of trying to cantilever it in the first place.

threedogs
30th December 2013, 06:40 AM
@ Mudski what you need is a Holland blind, just an idea to get the cogs working

Drewboyaus
30th December 2013, 08:05 AM
@ Mudski what you need is a Holland blind, just an idea to get the cogs working

I had a feeling someone makes a product like that. Dunno who though

Clunk
30th December 2013, 10:02 AM
Sure, you probably can but kinda defeats the purpose of trying to cantilever it in the first place.

Not necessarily, isn't the purpose of cantilevering it, to keep the poles out of the way of the doors and such like? Guy ropes can easily be kept out if the way, if they are required.