PDA

View Full Version : Dodgy dealership

AB
17th December 2013, 08:42 PM
Not sure if this exactly the truth but my friend bought a second hand late model hilux at a Toyota dealer.

It started running crap after a few weeks and he bought it back to them who "fixed" it but he noticed it sounded a bit different so he showed a mate,

The problem was actually a blocked catalytic converter but instead of Toyota dealer fixing it they simply loosened the exhaust manifold so the gasses would escape and the car would run...lmao

Some dodgy characters out there!!

NP99
17th December 2013, 08:51 PM
How is that a fix? People should be sacked doing or allowing that to happen. They might start doing the right thing if jobs were at risk. It's not like you wouldn't notice. That fix has to create noise......

Hodge
17th December 2013, 09:00 PM
Keep your friends close, and your car dealer much closer.
Once I tell you what one of the local holden dealership servicing centre done to my mums almost brand new Barina as part of a warranty fix, you will not believe it.
It's actually been in courts for months and yes we won in the end. Once it's all fully wrapped up, I'll tell and show. Believe me, jaws will drop.

NP99
17th December 2013, 09:26 PM
Sadly the laws around warranty work are in favour of the repair centre, the stretch the interpretation as far as they can and hope you don't complain.