PDA

View Full Version : RB30 standard fuel pump flow rate?

Bubba
15th December 2013, 11:27 PM
Google has been no help to me . I am setting a a surge tank for my EFI conversion and would like to know the flow rate for the standard in tank fuel pump on a RB30 carbie model.

Yendor
16th December 2013, 11:37 AM
It's strange, the manual I have doesn't give the flow rate for the 3L only the 4.2L carby. It does give the fuel pressure.

You may need to run the pump and measure the flow rate. This is probably best, incase your pump is out of spec.

Bubba
9th January 2014, 03:52 AM
I found out it is 1L per minute

typo368
11th January 2014, 10:45 PM
Hey there,
have done mine the same a while ago now, but the internal fuel pump is no good for a primer, had to take out mine completey and not use it, Tried using it and stopped flowing when the main pump was on,, all I did was put an external pump next to the tank on the outside with an inline filter coming out of the tank, Be sure to run a filter before the pump, One grain of sand got me stuck on the side of the M5 until I could get some help!!,, But the pump works fine and has been going well for approx. 10 years now, I can post a pick if you like how a did mine, and where it is mounted,,, cheers :)

Bubba
14th January 2014, 11:51 AM
hey Typo, yer a pic would be most helpful

typo368
16th January 2014, 10:31 PM
Hey there, sorry about the delay!
Here's a couple of pics of the pump my mate gave to me on the M5 many years ago, Standard VL commodore fuel pump with its regulator!

typo368
16th January 2014, 10:50 PM
On the above photo you can see the fuel filter sitting on top of the tank, think it just has a bit of rubber around it to stop it vibrating.
Below photo pump sitting next to tank, pretty sure i used the standard VL commodore fuel pump flange and just drilled 2 holes into the sub frame of the chassis. :)