PDA

View Full Version : Oil Catch Can

ova50
14th December 2013, 12:21 PM
I have searching through the forum and the net about the oil catch cans and what the differences between them are.
I am considering the Provent 200.
A couple of things I am uncertain of, are:

1. The existing hose from the rocker cover looks like it is about 5/8" internal Diameter. Is the Provent inlet and outlet the same size?. Cant seem to find any specific info on what size the inlet & outlet are on the unit.

2. I was also looking at a previous post I found on this site, (a pdf file) and it mentioned that the restrictor was removed from the original hose and refitted to the new hose. Is this restrictor in all models or only some.
:cheers:
Thanks

threedogs
14th December 2013, 12:28 PM
All I've heard is that they are a good unit but hose sizes are different as you point out

Stropp
14th December 2013, 12:59 PM
yep great unit but the fittings are different sizes, all i did was take the provent and hose from the car to the hose shop and bought the hoses and bunnings for the clamps etc.

ova50
15th December 2013, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the pic"Stropp".
The restrictor has me stumped. I found another earlier post while searching ( I think from a 2008 CRD) and mentioned his vehicle did not have this fitted in the original hose.
Are the crds fitted with these.?

Rumcajs
15th December 2013, 10:13 PM
Provent 200 has 25 mm entry (1") ZD30 hose is 16 mm (5/8"). You'll need reducers to go from 25 mm to 16 mm (1" to 5/8")
You can piggy back on to original breather hose than extending it to Provent and than run new hose back to inlet pipe. On Di is as easy as flipping it over towards back of the firewall/bulkhead than using barbed joiner attach extension to Provent
That way you don't need to worry about restrictor as you reusing original hose and no need to look for it.
Cheers

Kennyj1976
26th April 2014, 12:21 AM
Western filters sell a full kit for this

Wang
26th April 2014, 01:15 PM
You can use a 6cyl falcon heater hose for a neat job with no joins. It has a flared end that will fit over the catch can

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares/ProductPage.aspx?product=CH1300

Rumcajs
26th April 2014, 01:39 PM
You can use a 6cyl falcon heater hose for a neat job with no joins. It has a flared end that will fit over the catch can

http://www.rarespares.net.au/rarespares/ProductPage.aspx?product=CH1300

There is one problem though, 6 cyl Ford Falcon heater hose is not oil resistant so be prepared to keep changing it at regular intervals, perhaps 6 months.

Cheers

thebrod
26th April 2014, 01:50 PM
Hey Mate

I have the provent 200 on my GU. Was fitted by the previous owner behind the bull bar. Has hose adapters as in the pic.

Adam

Matchbox
2nd July 2014, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the idea of mounting it behind the bull bar, it fitted in well