176 under 25 on top
would think kat and steve the same

snicko
18th June 2014, 01:16 PM
X2 above....

X3 above....

Stropp
18th June 2014, 05:43 PM
i will be ok 215 ltrs under, altho mine is thirsty with the bigger turbo etc.

MudRunnerTD
18th June 2014, 07:01 PM
i will be ok 215 ltrs under, altho mine is thirsty with the bigger turbo etc.

Guts!!!!!!!

the evil twin
18th June 2014, 07:09 PM
237 litres down the back... but I'm not crossing the Simmo with you guys (at this stage anyway)

AB
18th June 2014, 07:38 PM
237 litres down the back... but I'm not crossing the Simmo with you guys (at this stage anyway)

We will hopefully convince you otherwise ET!!!

Once you see me in my jocks sitting on my blow up crocodile in Dalhousie Springs scratching myself you'll be hooked!!!!

Winnie
18th June 2014, 07:46 PM

Once you see me in my jocks sitting on my blow up crocodile in Dalhousie Springs scratching myself you'll be hooked!!!!

Oh yeah! Hahaha God no! This is getting real real close now!

the evil twin
18th June 2014, 08:19 PM

Hmmm... sounds like I need to bring my darts and a magnifying glass.

I'll have my Camper so will probably tag along for the first day maybe two and then about face back to Dalhousie.
Then I have a decision to make;
Rig Road and meet you guys at B'ville, or
Oodnadatta/Birdsville tracks and meet you guys at B'ville, or
Bail out and do Chambers Pillar, Alice, West Mac's, Alice, south to the Painted Desert and home.

Winnie
18th June 2014, 08:42 PM
Why not just go through the desert?

MudRunnerTD
18th June 2014, 09:05 PM
Hmmm... sounds like I need to bring my darts and a magnifying glass.

I'll have my Camper so will probably tag along for the first day maybe two and then about face back to Dalhousie.
Then I have a decision to make;
Rig Road and meet you guys at B'ville, or
Oodnadatta/Birdsville tracks and meet you guys at B'ville, or
Bail out and do Chambers Pillar, Alice, West Mac's, Alice, south to the Painted Desert and home.

I am pretty confident we can make it interesting enough for you ET. I am looking at th Southern tracks to head across for a bit more of a challenge and less traffic hopefully. Still pretty straight forward but just a nicer trip.. Maybe 2 days to Poppels Corner then into Birdsdville.

I will post up a timing itinary in the next few days but I think everyone will have a blast.

I am also really excited about the trip home via the Corner Country, Innaminka and Broken hill. Hopefully it does not rain and the tracks are open.

This will be a great trip mate. Given you want to do Chambers Pillar after I would maybe do the crossing with us to Birdsville then have a dinner at the pub to celebrate then I'd head south on the Birdsville tk and pig up the rig rd and head across again.

Chambers Pillar is certainly worth the detour and then Painted desert.

Stropp
18th June 2014, 11:09 PM
MR when do you think you will make broken hill? I may join you if I can get back here by the 10th.

MudRunnerTD
18th June 2014, 11:45 PM
MR when do you think you will make broken hill? I may join you if I can get back here by the 10th.

Probably about the 7th I think? Assuming 3 days to cross, half a day in Birdsville so people can be tourists then head east across the the Coner then down to the Old Stretlecki track across to Innaminka and a broken hill maybe 2.5 to 3 days for that.

Stropp
19th June 2014, 12:36 AM
Will see what the timing is like when we get to birdsville.

the evil twin
19th June 2014, 01:54 AM
Winnie, TD...
Won't bother using quotes as it will clog up the thread but essentially I'll make up my mind at the council of war at Dalhousie.
My prime objective was always to "meet up in the middle" as part of a 4 to 6 week trip either side of that date which is why I'll have my camper in tow.
Heaps of options which is why I haven't made my mind up yet... just looking forward to meeting up at the moment

Winnie
19th June 2014, 08:17 AM
Yeah no worries ET. Will be good to meet you regardless.

1 and a half more days of work to go!

Stropp
19th June 2014, 11:09 AM
1 and a half more days of work to go!

yep me too but i will leave either saturday arvo or sunday morning depends on what i can get done between now and saturday arvo.

AB
19th June 2014, 08:36 PM
Did I mention I cannot bloody wait to go on this trip!!!!!

Sir Roofy
19th June 2014, 08:39 PM
3 more sleeps and we,l be on our way
to the simmo

krbrooking
19th June 2014, 08:41 PM
All you lucky beggers have a great time and stay safe out on the tracks and the black top.

Sent from me using Forum Runner

Winnie
19th June 2014, 09:15 PM
Roofy I'd be jealous if I wasn't heading up there during the week! Had my car at the mechanic today and he did brake and clutch fluid, new Superior engine mounts and new door hinges.
The engine mounts really vibrate while you are stationary and idling but no difference when driving... Better than breaking mounts every 6 months.

the evil twin
19th June 2014, 09:22 PM
How come all you buggers are leaving before me and I have the furthest to travel (about 2 K's more than Stropp)

Sir Roofy
20th June 2014, 01:09 PM
how come all you buggers are leaving before me and i have the furthest to travel (about 2 k's more than stropp)

because we want to have a looksy at things along the track
slip up to old ando for a look and back to dalhousie homestead
before you and the others arrive by the 1st

@winnie sounds good mate never be jealous id ask you along
on trips any time

now the good news is ive been given a repreave from the consulting
surgeon might be another 6months before they operate ,yay
the aorta didnt grow much this time

MudRunnerTD
20th June 2014, 01:16 PM
Old andando is great Roofy. If you have time mate you can head out towards Camp 1 of the Madigan line and there is a stand of trees that are some of the oldest in the country. The only place they grow is there and the other end of the simmo I think. Only 30 minutes from Old Andando to from memory. Worth the drive to have a look. Likely marked on the map as a place of interest.

Sir Roofy
20th June 2014, 01:21 PM
old andando is great roofy. If you have time mate you can head out towards camp 1 of the madigan line and there is a stand of trees that are some of the oldest in the country. The only place they grow is there and the other end of the simmo i think. Only 30 minutes from old andando to from memory. Worth the drive to have a look. Likely marked on the map as a place of interest.

thanks mate yes was planning on seeing them somuch to see in this
great country of ours

MudRunnerTD
20th June 2014, 03:47 PM
2xl hi viz vest with 3m reflective tape. $9.

Enough to make 2 hi viz reflective sand flags. The mother in law will sew them up over the weekend. Cheap fix! AB we are sorted!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

MudRunnerTD
20th June 2014, 03:48 PM
Forgot the pics

Stropp
20th June 2014, 11:33 PM
Well I'm all packed up and ready to hit the frog and toad :icon_victory::smiley_thumbs_up:

the evil twin
21st June 2014, 01:40 AM
Well I'm all packed up and ready to hit the frog and toad :icon_victory::smiley_thumbs_up:

Have a safe trip over mate and I'll see ya there. Wish I was going tomorrow instead of Monday as well.

You'll miss the storms here and the min of 3 degrees and max of 14 forecast for the top of the Great Victoria Desert for Tuesday.

It's forecast for 1 degree overnight around Yulara when I get there as well :shivering:

Winnie
21st June 2014, 08:48 AM
Woohoo I am on 4 weeks leave!

Sir Roofy
21st June 2014, 10:27 AM
Three cars leaving trafalgar 6am sunday today is going to be a long day

Winnie
21st June 2014, 10:31 AM
Three cars leaving trafalgar 6am sunday today is going to be a long day

I might give Jane a call next week to see how you guys are travelling if that's okay.

Stropp
21st June 2014, 12:42 PM

All ready to go

Sir Roofy
21st June 2014, 01:25 PM
i might give jane a call next week to see how you guys are travelling if that's okay.

silly question winnie welcome any time

Cuppa
21st June 2014, 01:58 PM
Have a truly fantastic trip everyone! I look forward to reading about all of your adventures & seeing your pics. Don’t be shy, the rest of us are interested in knowing everything from who got stuck, & what broke, to cooking arrangements & even who farted the biggest bubbles at Dalhousie Springs. In short don’t leave anything out!

Safe travels

Cuppa

threedogs
21st June 2014, 03:07 PM
Stay safe, really cant beat any place Oz has to offer, with luck you might be able
to nearly read a book it'll get that bright with the stars and a full moon.
Looking forward to the pics

snicko
21st June 2014, 04:07 PM

All ready to go

Hi Stropp

Your car looks just like one to follow................ah........thats right will be soon!! lol

Have a safe trip and see you in the desert

snicko
21st June 2014, 04:10 PM
Hey Rossco (DX) That was fun!! lol

Hope I can work out the radio in the desert like we did today so we can talk to you again!

jack
21st June 2014, 04:23 PM
All the best guys & gals, enjoy the trip - stay safe and most of all have fun.
Like Cuppa said lots of pics and updates.

PMC
21st June 2014, 05:48 PM

All ready to go

G'day Stropp,

Nice set-up there mate! Have a fantastic and safe journey.

PS, plenty of pics

Regards,

Paul

snicko
21st June 2014, 06:08 PM
All packed ready to go.

Needed to pack a week early as next week I need to concentrate on end of financial year stuff, stocktake and training a friend to help look after our shop.

Feeling real as now all we have to do is get in and go!!..............

macca
21st June 2014, 06:29 PM
Have a great time, if you haven't been before you will thoroughly enjoy it for sure. Roofy said this morning that Katwoman & Snicko were going. That's great to hear. Have fun and for those leaving in the morning try and get some sleep!!

MudRunnerTD
21st June 2014, 09:25 PM
Fair dinkum this is going to be Farking amazing!!!!!!!!!!

PMC
21st June 2014, 09:33 PM
Fair dinkum this is going to be Farking amazing!!!!!!!!!!

G'evening Darren,

I am very envious of you lucky buggers. Hopefully the following year I hope to be in a position to turn up to another forum event.

PS, plenty of pics.

Regards,

Paul

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2014, 06:40 PM
Just got home from the Expo! Huge weekend guys! Knackered!

AB!!! Check this out bud

From this!

To this!!

Thank to Naomi's mum jenny!

2 sand flags with reflective tape on both sides! Total cost $9

Winnie
22nd June 2014, 06:52 PM
Thanks for nothing Daz!

mudnut
22nd June 2014, 06:56 PM
Hey, since you lot are away, does that mean we can act up here? Have a safe and happy trip.

Winnie
22nd June 2014, 07:08 PM
Hey, since you lot are away, does that mean we can act up here? Have a safe and happy trip.

Todd will be around to slap you!

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2014, 07:42 PM
Thanks for nothing Daz!

Sorry Winnie, I could get 2 flags out of a single vest but did not want to push my luck with the MIL. I thought you got one?

Winnie
22nd June 2014, 08:05 PM
Sorry Winnie, I could get 2 flags out of a single vest but did not want to push my luck with the MIL. I thought you got one?

All good mate, I was gonna get one from the safety shop but forgot. I am going into town tomorrow anyway so no stress!

I have got to do my beer shopping!

AB
22nd June 2014, 08:09 PM
Righto...this is now on my mind and I am absolutely pumped!!!!

3 days...need to sort out work and my gq but it will all come together I hope and be an epic trip!!!

Cannot wait gents...and snicko, kat, Jane...lol

Winnie
22nd June 2014, 08:12 PM
Andy did you sort out your beer?

cgm
22nd June 2014, 08:35 PM
Countdown to meet up in the middle
Adelaide
8 : 17 : 02 : 00
Day Hr Min Sec

Man, I remember that used to have huge numbers and amused me how far out you guys had set the goal. Nearly happening now!

Enjoy the trip guys and remember to put all the pics and info up. I'm sure there will be others that couldn't make but will enjoy watching and maybe plan some stuff off the info for future trips (hopefully me one day).

AB
22nd June 2014, 08:36 PM
Andy did you sort out your beer?

No I have not...

Winnie
22nd June 2014, 08:36 PM
Countdown to meet up in the middle
Adelaide
8 : 17 : 02 : 00
Day Hr Min Sec

Man, I remember that used to have huge numbers and amused me how far out you guys had set the goal. Nearly happening now!

Enjoy the trip guys and remember to put all the pics and info up. I'm sure there will be others that couldn't make but will enjoy watching and maybe plan some stuff off the info for future trips (hopefully me one day).

If only some of us realised how quickly that time would go... Andy and I only put our long range tanks in a couple of weeks ago, I am only servicing my car this week... So unorganised!

AB
22nd June 2014, 08:38 PM
If only some of us realised how quickly that time would go... Andy and I only put our long range tanks in a couple of weeks ago, I am only servicing my car this week... So unorganised!

The timer was like 323 days...yeah plenty of time...next minute...10 days 4 hours...oh crap better start doing something!!!

MudRunnerTD
22nd June 2014, 08:41 PM
Make sure you buy warm beer guys. Nothing worse than beer that has been chilled and then allowed to go warm again.

Winnie
22nd June 2014, 08:44 PM
Make sure you buy warm beer guys. Nothing worse than beer that has been chilled and then allowed to go warm again.

Of course!
I reckon I'll get 2 boxes of 4X and 2 slabs of Vic. Maybe some sneaky whiskey too.

Drewboyaus
22nd June 2014, 08:53 PM
Of course! I reckon I'll get 2 slabs of Vic.

SICKO!
LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

the evil twin
22nd June 2014, 09:35 PM
Took me over two hours and broke a strap wrench getting the bastard oil filter off today.

Last time I ever leave it till the day before departure to do maintenance I can tell ya.

Still on track to leave tormorrow but will probably have a teensie sleep in instead of leaving at 5 AM.

AB
22nd June 2014, 09:38 PM
Took me over two hours and broke a strap wrench getting the bastard oil filter off today.

Last time I ever leave it till the day before departure to do maintenance I can tell ya.

Still on track to leave tormorrow but will probably have a teensie sleep in instead of leaving at 5 AM.

If i was leaving tomorrow I would be awake at 3am and broken sleep until 4:30am and just give up, get up and jump in the car...lol

Look forward to meeting you ET!!!

Winnie
22nd June 2014, 09:45 PM
I think I will end up like that Andy. We're supposed to meet in Bendigo at 9, I reckon you and me will be there by 7 haha.

Woof
22nd June 2014, 10:05 PM
Didn't I read somewhere that this trip was alcohol free.....................have a great time and a very safe trip everyone and think of us who would love to be there as well.

AB
23rd June 2014, 06:11 AM
Didn't I read somewhere that this trip was alcohol free.....................have a great time and a very safe trip everyone and think of us who would love to be there as well.

That's it I'm out...lol

MEGOMONSTER
23rd June 2014, 07:43 AM
That's it I'm out...lol
Smoking has been banned aswell. Lol

liftlid
23rd June 2014, 10:47 AM
Smoking has been banned aswell. Lol

That'll stop all the diesel's from going then!!!!

Winnie
23rd June 2014, 12:31 PM
Just got a message from Jane and Roofy.
They stayed in Mildura last night and copped a bit of rain and a lot of wind.

Winnie
23rd June 2014, 06:53 PM
So today I got my sub tank gauge wired in, filled gas bottle for cooking, bought beer and whiskey and a little bit of food, snacks, rice etc... I will do my main food shop on Wednesday.
Service the car tomorrow.

AB
23rd June 2014, 07:20 PM
So today I got my sub tank gauge wired in, filled gas bottle for cooking, bought beer and whiskey and a little bit of food, snacks, rice etc... I will do my main food shop on Wednesday.
Service the car tomorrow.

Sub tank work good?

Winnie
23rd June 2014, 07:26 PM
Sub tank work good?
Yeah mate, perfect

MudRunnerTD
23rd June 2014, 09:37 PM
Got nothing done today!! Sat at the hospital all bloody day. Got some Meds and good to go guys.

I have got so much work to do tomorrow

snicko
23rd June 2014, 10:13 PM
Got nothing done today!! Sat at the hospital all bloody day. Got some Meds and good to go guys.

I have got so much work to do tomorrow

So glad you are still coming. Would have been so unfair after all the work you had done if you could'nt go.

Very much look forward to meeting you.

Stropp
23rd June 2014, 10:45 PM
Good to hear you can make it Darren, as snicko said it would be a damn shame if you didn't as if not for you we wouldn't be going.

I'm in Ayers Rock, got in late as I was going to camp at lasseters cave but no camping so I came in late, have a lay day tomorrow I think and do the washing and have a look around if the rock climb is open as it was closed today due to bad weather

MudRunnerTD
23rd June 2014, 10:50 PM
Good to hear you can make it Darren, as snicko said it would be a damn shame if you didn't as if not for you we wouldn't be going.

I'm in Ayers Rock, got in late as I was going to camp at lasseters cave but no camping so I came in late, have a lay day tomorrow I think and do the washing and have a look around if the rock climb is open as it was closed today due to bad weather

Cheers mate,

Did you get to Uluru today? Or did you stay away as the climb was shut? I can highly recommend going there if its raining! Simply stunning! Most memorable part of that trip for me was seeing it raining on the Rock! That is a sight to see!

Stropp
24th June 2014, 02:55 PM
Went out early this morning but the rock was closed but when I got back from the walk around it was opened so up I went, all I can say is faaarrrrrk I had to stop and sit on the bum a few times but I got there in the end, it just goes and goes and goes, I was absolutely knackered but the so were a lot of others, if PMC were here I'm sure he could have told a great tale about it, tonight I will do the afternoon look at the Olga's but for now I'm doing the chores like washing and ogling backpackers !

Ps no pics as I don't have my laptop and didn't take the phone up

Clunk
24th June 2014, 03:09 PM
Any chance of starting up a new trip thread?

Winnie
24th June 2014, 03:15 PM

Probably a good idea!

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 03:20 PM

Meetup-in-the-Middle-Trip-thread (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?28595-Meetup-in-the-Middle-Trip-thread&p=518101#post518101)

Good call Clunk, there is your years worth of good advice right there mate!! Win / Win ;)

Clunk
24th June 2014, 04:53 PM
Meetup-in-the-Middle-Trip-thread (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?28595-Meetup-in-the-Middle-Trip-thread&p=518101#post518101)

Good call Clunk, there is your years worth of good advice right there mate!! Win / Win ;)

Thanks mate, that's me done for another year lol. On a side note and I know it's going to be difficult but can we try keep it for trip info / pics and videos.?

Stropp
24th June 2014, 05:03 PM
I haven't got my laptop so it's only iPhone pics but it takes forever to load em

AB
24th June 2014, 07:22 PM
I am finally packed!!!

Took the gq to work all loaded and it drives perfect. Having the stiffer ome rides nice when loaded!

Ill be seeing you all at Dalhousie!!

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 08:03 PM
Serviced the. GUIV today. Oil and filters, fuel filter, air filter. Fitted the 35" coopers and noted that my brake pads are to close to gamble so picked up a new set this Arvo so will fit them tonight or tomorrow.

Got a spare fuel filter and air filter to take.

Need to refit my winch tonight the. The brake pads if I get there. Just got home from a mate house who has a press. Swapped out all 4 lower trailing arm bushes which were Knackered.

Ghee the car feels different on the 35s!!

Winnie
24th June 2014, 08:10 PM
I serviced my car today, all fluids and filters. Final shop tomorrow morning and a pack and I am ready to roll

MEGOMONSTER
24th June 2014, 08:14 PM
Serviced the. GUIV today. Oil and filters, fuel filter, air filter. Fitted the 35" coopers and noted that my brake pads are to close to gamble so picked up a new set this Arvo so will fit them tonight or tomorrow. Got a spare fuel filter and air filter to take. Need to refit my winch tonight the. The brake pads if I get there. Just got home from a mate house who has a press. Swapped out all 4 lower trailing arm bushes which were Knackered. Ghee the car feels different on the 35s!! Anything else you wanna leave for the last minute. Lol

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 08:28 PM
Anything else you wanna leave for the last minute. Lol

I have this week off so was always doing this stuff this week but the hospital yesterday has smashed me! Damn it.

Stropp
24th June 2014, 10:03 PM
Yeh I took the 35's off for this trip as fuel is a big consideration for me.

MudRunnerTD
24th June 2014, 11:26 PM
Yeh I took the 35's off for this trip as fuel is a big consideration for me.

Yeah its not by choice to be honest. My daily tyres are at the wrong end of their life and i have a very good set of 35 Cooper ST on rims in the shed that i use for the high country. I could not afford to fit new tyres for the trip so 35s it is.

I will be travelling up with AB and Winnie both on 285s s it will be very interesting to compare economy although i will be a bigger and heavier car but we will see.

Avo
25th June 2014, 12:21 AM
Thanks mate, that's me done for another year lol. On a side note and I know it's going to be difficult but can we try keep it for trip info / pics and videos.?

says the biggest spammer here....a thread is not a threads till it's hijacked clunk..i learnt that when I got here...but it is a good idea if we tried..

Clunk
25th June 2014, 12:46 AM
says the biggest spammer here....a thread is not a threads till it's hijacked clunk..i learnt that when I got here...but it is a good idea if we tried..

Yeah I know, its very difficult to resist the urge but I'm trying at least lol

Winnie
25th June 2014, 12:51 PM
Guys, I just rang the SA DPI to ask about quarantine on firewood. They said there is no quarantine for wood, however if there is any soil on the wood it will be confiscated. So the wood from home is no good as it's covered in dirt.
A bag of servo wood will be fine!

Stropp
25th June 2014, 05:43 PM
Guys, I just rang the SA DPI to ask about quarantine on firewood. They said there is no quarantine for wood, however if there is any soil on the wood it will be confiscated. So the wood from home is no good as it's covered in dirt.

There is no servo wood here so if anyone has room throw a bag in for me and I will pay when we meetup.

MudRunnerTD
25th June 2014, 06:46 PM
There is no servo wood here so if anyone has room throw a bag in for me and I will pay when we meetup.

Yeah didn't think there would be. I wi bring mine from Vic. If I have space (still packing) I will grab one for you Stropp. We will sort something out mate.

NissanGQ4.2
25th June 2014, 06:52 PM

Wash it then *L*

Winnies-missus
25th June 2014, 10:42 PM
Can't believe the day is finally here guys have lots of fun and please make sure he comes back to me in one piece. Have a safe and fun journey guys. And remember lots of pics

AB
26th June 2014, 03:57 AM
I can't bloody sleep...lol

Winnie, wake up!!!

We're doing maccas early...lol

Winnie
26th June 2014, 04:32 AM
I work up bout 15mins ago lol. Just gonna jump in the shower and I'm good to go

Winnie
26th June 2014, 04:52 AM
So much for a 5.30 leave. My car is warming up now!

AB
26th June 2014, 05:02 AM
So much for a 5.30 leave. My car is warming up now!

Bring it on Winnie!!!!

MEGOMONSTER
26th June 2014, 06:25 AM
Bring it on Winnie!!!!
Are you excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!