PDA

View Full Version : New Members

RickSue
22nd January 2011, 05:53 PM
Hi have had the Patrol since June last year. Done a few trips in the last 6 months. Having fun back 4wdriving.Patrol is on petrol/gas recently having issues with running on petrol OK on gas. When on petrol low on power & use excessive amount of fuel. Suspect electric fuel pump anybody else encountered this problem? This is our first Patrol so not real familiar with it's workings yet.

Bob
22nd January 2011, 05:59 PM
Welcome Rick & Sue. I am sure that one of our Guru's will answer you question

Woof
22nd January 2011, 06:20 PM
Welcome Rick & Sue, enjoy the forum...........just post your issue up in the appropriate section as not everyone reads the intros

AB
22nd January 2011, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Rick and Sue, as Dogman suggested please post up your questions in the right categories for a better response as a lot of people don't read the introductions.

Cheers!

Dhuck
22nd January 2011, 08:06 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

YNOT
22nd January 2011, 08:27 PM
Welcome to the forum Rick and Sue.

Dual fuel cars that spend the majority of their time running on gas often suffer fuel (petrol) system degradation due to lack of use. Petrol goes stale in the tank, fuel pumps can clog and seize up, carby gaskets dry out and jets block up, on injected models the injectors can clog up, the list goes on.
LPG backfires can also damage air boxes and air flow meters and blow inlet ducting off.

Tony

Bigrig
23rd January 2011, 10:06 AM
G'day mate!! Welcome aboard, and make the most of it by getting amongst the conversations - heaps of good people, useful information and a good laugh to be had also. I just had a similar problem with mine - turned out to be the Coolant Temperature Sensor on the thermostat housing - thread link below - may not be the same, but have a look through (mostly towards the end of the thread, and see if the symptoms are similar to yours):

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?2091-PLEASE-HELP!!!!-Tank-is-Battling!!!!-Arrrrgggghhhh&highlight=coolant+temperature+sensor

DX grunt
23rd January 2011, 10:10 AM
Hey Ricksue

Welcome to the forum. This forum is going to have a national get together in south oz in 2012 - probably Easter, and you're more than welcome to attend. Check out the thread and put down your vote. Nominations close on 31 January.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?489-2012-NissanPatrol-Forum-Trip-Registration-of-Interest

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

RickSue
23rd January 2011, 10:35 AM
Thanks for your reply. Amazed how many responses already. Now just need to work out where we should put our questions correctly & I am sure we will be running better in no time.

RickSue
23rd January 2011, 10:37 AM
Thanks new to forums so might take us a few attempts to get it right. Normally just nut out our problems ourselves. The vehicle is stock standard so lots to do yet.

RickSue
23rd January 2011, 10:39 AM
Thanks, Had a few responses already. Appreciate it.

RickSue
23rd January 2011, 10:54 AM
Thanks. I am printing off the info on the link as we speak, will take it out to Rick & see how we go. I do the computer bit the rest is up to him. So if it sounds like a female asking the questions you would be right. Ricks not into computers hence some of our problems with the newer vehicles Hey!

RickSue
23rd January 2011, 10:58 AM
Thanks for all this help- just decided to take laptop out to the shed & let Rick read all the responses so far. Once I work out where to ask the questions I am sure there will be more to follow!

wildgu6
23rd January 2011, 11:05 AM
Hi Rick & Sue, Welcome aboard the best forum around.
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.
Good to see another couple from the great state on board.
Was down your way last weekend (Goolwa beach 4 a bit of cockling) Great area down there.
Any mechanical Qs just post up in the mechanical section, you will find the right category.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin guys, stay safe

Cheers Pete

RickSue
23rd January 2011, 11:05 AM
Thanks, looks like I have some reading to do - just had a quick look at the links should be very helpful.

wildgu6
23rd January 2011, 11:14 AM
Thanks, looks like I have some reading to do - just had a quick look at the links should be very helpful.

Plenty of reading to do on this site......lol and I mean plenty.
Good luck guys, enjoy.
Dont forget to pass by the members ride section when you get a chance and post up a few pics of you rig.
We love pics.....

Cheers Pete

Maxhead
23rd January 2011, 03:13 PM
Welcome to the forum Rick and Sue

patch697
25th January 2011, 09:44 AM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Finly Owner
26th January 2011, 12:16 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Rick and Sue

Tim

NissanGQ4.2
26th January 2011, 10:09 AM
Welcome 2 the forum RickSue

Great bunch of guys and girls always willing 2 help out when they can.

Enjoy the forum and what it has 2 offer

Cheers

Todd