PDA

View Full Version : Draws by Full Boar Fourby - Any Experiences with them

jackwalks
10th December 2013, 05:44 PM
G'day all,

I am about to buy some draws for my GUII and have been doing some research from different companies and the like. Prices range from $900 to $3500 for a standard two draw setup, nothing flash. Today I came across this: http://www.fullboarfourbiedrawers.com.au/ , so I thought I would give him a call and get some details and quote for delivery to the ville. The draws look 1st class, and for the price of $1500 ish delivered, I thought that is quiet reasonable.

I am looking to see if anyone else has had dealings with them, and what they thought of the quality and end product. I know all items have there ups and downs, but I like the fact these are custom made to order and produced locally.

Many thanks

Adam

Winnie
10th December 2013, 06:01 PM
I think they're made in Leongatha? Not far from me. Have not seen any before though but heard a lot of good feedback online.

FNQGU
11th December 2013, 09:01 AM
I have a set of Outback Drawers, and a mate has the Black Widow drawers, both of which are great quality, but if I had one criticism (albeit minor), it is that the draw does not come all the way out and items at the back can be difficult to get to when you need them and are all packed up. Both sets are also quite heavy.

If I was to do it again, I would look for a drawer that was made of alloy and came all the way out.

The handles and latches on both the above drawers are great quality though, and there are no rattles from either. I do need to wire in a couple of LED lights as well I think, something that some others on the forum have already done and which works well.

Just something to keep in mind when looking for drawers I think.

threedogs
11th December 2013, 09:37 AM
Not a big fan of drawer systems for a start its an extra 80kg to carry around empty.
When full you usually forget what you have in there, but led lighting is a great addition.

fracster
11th December 2013, 09:49 AM
Not a big fan of drawer systems for a start its an extra 80kg to carry around empty.
When full you usually forget what you have in there, but led lighting is a great addition.Exactly why I got rid of mine mate.

BigRAWesty
11th December 2013, 10:41 AM
I built mine and came out at 40 kg..
So mine is in all the time..

fracster
12th December 2013, 09:25 AM
It wasn`t the weight , just the amount of unnecessary stuff that I was carting about everywhere bud.

BigRAWesty
12th December 2013, 10:47 AM
Yea fair enough.. Does make packing easier..

threedogs
12th December 2013, 11:54 AM
I'm a big far of square boxes and a box for everything. all packs neatly and each box is labelled.
Easy to store at home too.
Sometime they stuff you up if you need to pick up gear too, not enough height

NP99
12th December 2013, 01:36 PM
Makes it hard picking up Swedish back packers too.....:)

Kennyj1976
26th April 2014, 12:23 AM
Looking at Drifta DCBC kit anyone got any comments?