PDA

View Full Version : headlights indicators blown fuses

pirate79
8th December 2013, 08:18 PM
hey guys first go on here ive got a 94 gq wagon the indicators stopped working no hazards and now no headlights started pulling things apart and found no sticker to show which fuse is which upon further invesatigation ive notice an extra wire bridged from a thick white wire to a pink wire the inline fuse was totally melted I then removed the h/light ind stalk and found three wire in the plug have been joined??? ive separated these back to how they were and now have parkers but still nothing else im thinking a new stalk is in order what do yous think(sorry for the long description):1087:

Yendor
8th December 2013, 09:48 PM
It's possible your headlight problem is due to a faulty headlight switch.

What color wires were joined together? Have you checked all fuses with a test light?

If your hazard lights and indicators both stopped working at the same time and both fuses aren't blown it's more then likely a faulty flasher relay or possible even a faulty hazard light switch.

pirate79
16th December 2013, 11:42 AM
sorry for the delayed reply yendor the top two fuses on the rhs facing fuse block were blown replaced both . the wire colours that were joined on switch were a pink a pink with white stripe and not sure off hand the other colour . have ordered a new switch to see wat that does . the flasher unit has been hit and miss sometimes it flashes sometimes not so ill order one of them as well . will let you know how I go . I also found a corroded wire under drivers side scuff panel .beside seat it appears out of main loom with a joiner then disappers back into loom have rejoined this wire but have no idea what it was for .. cheers