PDA

View Full Version : Wiring harness

daz172
7th December 2013, 05:03 PM
I want to run new wires for rear windscreen wiper, the original ones r just gone can't find em, I don't need the water squirter for the rear just want the wiper to move , does any1 know wats involved with that?? I was thinking just running wiring from rear wiper up to switch , stealing power from some unused useless plugs laying around in cab maybe incorporating a fuse some where along the line.
Can I do that???

Yendor
7th December 2013, 05:36 PM
You can rewire it. Here's the wire diagram.

daz172
7th December 2013, 07:32 PM
Thanks but I find it a little hard to understand

Yendor
7th December 2013, 07:53 PM
The wiper switch switches earth to the rear wiper motor via the Light Green with a Red stripe wire (LG/R wire in the diagram). The rest of the circuit is for the intermittent and the auto wiper sweep when the washers are used.

For a basic setup try this.

Disconnect the plug at the rear wiper motor, ignition on, you should have power in one of the green wires only.

Reconnect the plug, you should have power in the other green wire now. This is actually the wiper motor looking for an earth. So get some spare wire, push it into the back of the plug for the green wire that only had power with the plug connected and touch the other end of the wire onto earth somewhere. The wiper motor should now move.........does it?

If it does, all you need to do is run a wire from here up to your switch in the dash and connect the other side of the switch to earth.

daz172
7th December 2013, 08:28 PM
The wiper switch switches earth to the rear wiper motor via the Light Green with a Red stripe wire (LG/R wire in the diagram). The rest of the circuit is for the intermittent and the auto wiper sweep when the washers are used.

For a basic setup try this.

Disconnect the plug at the rear wiper motor, ignition on, you should have power in one of the green wires only.

Reconnect the plug, you should have power in the other green wire now. This is actually the wiper motor looking for an earth. So get some spare wire, push it into the back of the plug for the green wire that only had power with the plug connected and touch the other end of the wire onto earth somewhere. The wiper motor should now move.........does it?

If it does, all you need to do is run a wire from here up to your switch in the dash and connect the other side of the switch to earth.

Thank you very much that helps a lot!

daz172
7th December 2013, 08:29 PM
Will let u know how I go

Yendor
7th December 2013, 09:37 PM
Ok well her they r first pics u will see how loom comes out on I side quarter panel , then following wires to front passenger seat and then the loom going behind glove box 37105

Looking at this photo I think I can see the two green wires that go to the rear wiper motor in the white plug.

If you count up from the bottom of the white plug wires number 4 and 5.

To confirm they are perform the same test as per my previous post.

If it is, it will make it real easy running the wire to your switch.

daz172
7th December 2013, 09:42 PM
Yes will definitely try thanks mate,another question, in the event that wen I try wat u have suggested and there is no power getting to wiper motor meaning most likely power to it has been either disconnected or used for something, can I run another power lead to it?? There r quite a few unused plugs under dash and I have already checked , they have power to them with ignition, could I steal one of those power to use????

Yendor
7th December 2013, 09:58 PM
The power runs straight from the fusebox to the rear wiper motor. So check the fuse.

You don't need ignition to the switch.

If for some reason it doesn't have power at the wiper motor or the green wire in the white plug then yes we can find a suitable ignition feed to use.

daz172
7th December 2013, 10:13 PM
Ok thanks a lot, if I do have to do this , where would I run the power to? Would I just run power to switch or??

Yendor
7th December 2013, 10:27 PM
To the original fuse in the fusebox.

daz172
7th December 2013, 10:32 PM
Ok thanx will let u know how I go

daz172
8th December 2013, 04:47 PM
The power runs straight from the fusebox to the rear wiper motor. So check the fuse.

You don't need ignition to the switch.

If for some reason it doesn't have power at the wiper motor or the green wire in the white plug then yes we can find a suitable ignition feed to use.

So I've just checked and there is no power to the wiper motor, so is it fair to say that where ever it has been cut n removed , that all the wires have been?? As far as I can tell when they go behind glove box , in that section I loose them, so I could get away with just wiring another wire from fuse box to wiper motor for power then something for the switch?????

Yendor
8th December 2013, 05:13 PM
You checked the fuse isn't blown and has power on both sides?

So I've just checked and there is no power to the wiper motor, so is it fair to say that where ever it has been cut n removed , that all the wires have been?? As far as I can tell when they go behind glove box , in that section I loose them, so I could get away with just wiring another wire from fuse box to wiper motor for power then something for the switch?????

Yes, just make sure you connect power to the correct green wire, not the green wire with the red stripe.

daz172
8th December 2013, 05:24 PM
Yes I have checked fuse and it hasn't blown but I didn't check if it had power will do right now.
Here r the power leads leaving rear quarter 37785 and I've followed them all the way up to 37786 then they go behind glove box and then never to be seen again

daz172
8th December 2013, 05:34 PM
You checked the fuse isn't blown and has power on both sides?

Yes, just make sure you connect power to the correct green wire, not the green wire with the red stripe.

Ok checked the fuse holder and has power but only on 1 side of where the blade fuse pushes into

daz172
8th December 2013, 05:36 PM
So I can mayb cut into green wire up the front where I followed it to, to supply the power to the motor, then how do I wire to switch??

Yendor
8th December 2013, 05:40 PM
Ok checked the fuse holder and has power but only on 1 side of where the blade fuse pushes into

Does it have power on both sides with the fuse in?

daz172
8th December 2013, 05:45 PM
Does it have power on both sides with the fuse in?

Yes has power both sides with fuse in, sorry had a dumb moment should have checked that first haha

Yendor
8th December 2013, 05:55 PM
So I can mayb cut into green wire up the front where I followed it to, to supply the power to the motor, then how do I wire to switch??

Remove the screws from the fusebox and let it hang down.

Find the green wire on the back of the fusebox that comes of the cold side of that fuse. Connect a wire to this wire and run it to "green wire you found up front".

Connect another wire to the green wire with a red stripe and run this up to your switch in the dash.

Connect the other side of the switch to earth.

daz172
8th December 2013, 05:58 PM
Remove the screws from the fusebox and let it hang down.

Find the green wire on the back of the fusebox that comes of the cold side of that fuse. Connect a wire to this wire and run it to "green wire you found up front".

Connect another wire to the green wire with a red stripe and run this up to your switch in the dash.

Connect the other side of the switch to earth.

Thank you very much u have been very helpful, just have one question, wat is the "cold side " of the fuse , is it the side that has no power to it unless fuse is in??

Yendor
8th December 2013, 06:01 PM
Thank you very much u have been very helpful, just have one question, wat is the "cold side " of the fuse , is it the side that has no power to it unless fuse is in??

Yes, that's correct.

daz172
8th December 2013, 10:03 PM
Yes, that's correct.

Hey yendor one more question so that I can be sure , this prob sound stupid but I'd just like to be sure and clear , this plug I have here ready to b wired in so that it plugs into factory switch 37792 I'd connect the wire from the fuse box to the green wire with red strip right??
The others were for water squirter arnt they

Yendor
8th December 2013, 10:11 PM
No, the wire from the fusebox connects straight to the wiper motor via the plain green wire.

The green wire with a red stripe connects to the green wire with a red stripe.

You also need to connect the black wire to earth.

daz172
8th December 2013, 10:20 PM
Ok thanx heaps, yeh I thought that green power for motor and green with red stripe the switch got it and an earth from the switch, probably won't have time to do it untill nxt wknd but will check in after it done n let u know how it went